You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold: Game Help & Strategy Discussions
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, ericgolf, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold: Game Help & Strategy Discussions » Placing birds in the editor?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Placing birds in the editor?
Antstafer
Archer
posted 03-05-17 16:18 EST (US)         
How do you place birds in the editor? I know they don't show up until you actually play the map, but it seems no matter what I do, I can't place them.

I've tried this with Stronghold 1.2. Stronghold HD, and Stronghold 1.1

Any help would be appreciated!
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 03-05-17 16:43 EST (US)     1 / 3       
Welcome to Stronghold Heaven!

Well, the only birds you can place are crows and seagulls. And I think that none of these two we can actually see in the game, we can only hear them, and see their shadows. I hope I'm not mistaken about this.

But I have never tried to put seagulls somewhere on the landmass, only on see. And similar with crows, I've always been putting them where the enemy castle would be, or into the forest, and they would show up.

I hope this helps, but if it doesn't, we could try to work it out together. I have Stronghold HD, the Steam version.
Antstafer
Archer
posted 03-05-17 18:10 EST (US)     2 / 3       
I've played maps where the birds actually do show up, so you don't just see their shadows. I'm just curious as to how they get the birds to show up in them.

EDIT: I figured out how they did it. Seagulls can ONLY be placed on sea water. So if you wanted them to show up in a forest, you'd place down a tiny sea tile, place your gull, and cover the water with land, and the seagull will still be there!

Crows on the other hand are more random. They only appear in forests, and actually show up on the map editor as well. Just keep clicking around a bunch of trees and you'll see one pop up.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 03-06-17 10:32 EST (US)     3 / 3       
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames