You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » SH Crusader Skirmish Map team colors are messed up
Bottom
Topic Subject:SH Crusader Skirmish Map team colors are messed up
ironstone55
Archer
posted 11-04-13 22:14 EST (US)         
I have spent many many hours on a skirmish map, and somewhere along the line it got messed up. Player 1 and player 4 are using team color of Player 2 (orange). Red and Blue are not used. I thought the problem was maybe caused by my putting a player 2 wall too close to my keep, but even after deleted it, it is still the same. even in the editor, the color problem is the same. i played another map, also with 8 players, and there was no problem, all 8 colors were there, so it seems to be an issue with this one map only.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

peace,

Ironstone55
AuthorReplies:
Timballisto
Archer
posted 11-05-13 17:07 EST (US)     1 / 3       
Weird. Leads me to question what else went wrong with your map that just hasn't come to light yet...

Anyway, you should be able to fix the problem via hex-editing. For more information, look here. I think this will work with Crusader as well, I've never tried it so I'm not certain. Back up your current map before attempting to hex edit it.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
Strife
Archer
posted 11-05-13 17:34 EST (US)     2 / 3       
Hex-editing will also work for Crusader. However, instead of simply replacing 01 with your designated color, you will also have to change 02, because 01 is generally the default blue, but in Crusader's case, it will be red, which is 02.
At least, I think that's how it works with Crusader.
Sir_Vet
Swordsman
posted 11-07-13 10:09 EST (US)     3 / 3       
It looks like you've placed things on the map in the editor.

When you place units or walls ect. on the map you have to use the same color that you used for each player, on the right are 8 colored shields, if you used the orange shield for all 3 players 1-4-and 2.

For each player you place units for you have to use a different color, this could be why you have the different colors when you play the map.

If that is the case then you will have to go back and delete what you placed and replace it with the proper color.

I hope that helps

Sir_Vet
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames