You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » My Magnum Opus: Shuill Tar Atleantae (Holy City of Atlantis) SHC Eyecandy coming soon
Bottom
Topic Subject:My Magnum Opus: Shuill Tar Atleantae (Holy City of Atlantis) SHC Eyecandy coming soon
return of Yasko
Archer
posted 12-08-13 18:03 EST (US)         
Hello everyone. Indeed, it's been a long time.

Before the new Crusader title comes out in 2014, I wanted to finish an eyecandy map I've had sitting around for a very, very, very long time. I've been working on it on and off for years; a weekend here, a morning there...

This is Shuill Tar Atlaentae, the holy pilgrim city of Atlantis. The founders of Atlantis first set foot on this small island, at the most southern tip of the Atlantis main island chain. This is a snapshot of it, mere months before the great cataclysm destroyed it forever. Here, eons after the founding of the Atlantean empire, the founding city has become's Atlantis's Mecca. Temples to their deities are fed by holy water via a great aqueduct from the mainland.

The map is finished, but I feel it needs literature to accompany it, so I'm writing an Atlantis chronology including names and history of the rulers, descriptions of the major and minor temples, landmarks, technology, and their beliefs.

This map incorporates tons of building and wall height tricks, and a convincing gravity-fed aqueduct system feeding the water themed city. Expect it in the downloads in a couple weeks.

It's my opus.

- Yasko

AuthorReplies:
surajsubba
Archer
posted 12-09-13 08:57 EST (US)     1 / 4       
I don't think you made the city large enough

It has certainly been a long time.

Seeing how the City takes up almost the entire space of the map, it's no wonder it took you so long to complete it.

The Screenshots look fantastic. It's interesting how you used gatehouses to create the old "canal tunnel" look. Why haven't i thought of that yet?
.. will be keeping a watchful eye on the thread.

'.___________'-._______________.-'__________.'
.--.________.-~"^'~-.____'~-.-~+=≡↵-._◊◊_.-↵≡=+~-.-~'____.-~'^"~-.________.--.
.-________'.__'.____.-~"'_________"'~-._..-~+=↵≡+-.._◊Ĭ◊_..-+≡↵=+~-.._.-~'"_________"'~-.____.'__.'________-.
'._.-'^'-._ __'-._.-~"_"'~.-=◊↵Dark Water.wip↵=~-._◊_.-~=↵Skirmish Masters↵◊=-.~'"_"~-._.-'___.-'^'-._.'
ericgolf
Earl
posted 12-09-13 13:44 EST (US)     2 / 4       
Spectacular!
The Dragonheart
Archer
posted 12-11-13 14:37 EST (US)     3 / 4       

I LOVE that little bridge.
Heroesflorian
Archer
posted 01-12-14 10:40 EST (US)     4 / 4       
Fantastic! And yes, that bridge is sooo cool

Ever expect the unexpected!
Life is a row of mistakes, but avoiding them will not make life shorter!
Every kind of biological life is egoistical, but the human race is the only known one that successfully manages to destroy the living room of its own descendants.

Some of my better creations: The Ancient Knight, Ain Ebel Warfare, United AIV, Dark Skies over Al'Shareed
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames