You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy
Moderated by ericgolf, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy » ''no disc inserted'' or ''original disk could not be found or authenticated''
Bottom
Topic Subject:''no disc inserted'' or ''original disk could not be found or authenticated''
Hannzo96
Archer
posted 03-14-16 10:35 EST (US)         
Hello,

I've installed SH2 deluxe and every time i start the game i get one of these errors in the title, plz help, i'm DYING to play this game
AuthorReplies:
Doomsword
Earl
posted 03-14-16 11:55 EST (US)     1 / 9       
So are you saying you d/l'd from Steam or something and do not have a disc?

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 03-14-16 11:56 EST (US)     2 / 9       
Welcome to Stronghold Heaven!

If you have the original disc you need to i inset it to play the game. Where did you buy the game - in case you recently got the disc, and you got this message while having the disc inserted, of course? It is possible that the dis disc you have is not an original one. It is also possible that something is just wrong with the disc - I mean, something else, scratched or something...

One good thing right now is that it can be bought easily on Steam for example, you wouldn't even have to wait for your disc to be delivered. You'd be able to play it right away.

Just don't worry about anything, I could also be wrong, but we can figure it out.
Hannzo96
Archer
posted 03-15-16 01:51 EST (US)     3 / 9       
I didn't buy it, I downloaded it as ISO file and burned it using poweriso
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 03-15-16 03:15 EST (US)     4 / 9       
Unfortunately that it why is doesn't work.

You can buy it on Steam. Only you need to have an VISA card or something like that... Now it's 20 euro - the Stronghold Collection (SH1, SHC, SH2, and SHL), but it goes on sale often, and you can get it for less.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 03-16-2016 @ 11:46 AM).]

Doomsword
Earl
posted 03-15-16 07:37 EST (US)     5 / 9       
I didn't buy it, I downloaded it as ISO file and burned it using poweriso
Admitting to piracy is a ban-able offence. Do not mention it again. This is your one warning, read the rules you agreed to when you registered.
“Piracy” is the illegal copying and/or distribution of copyrighted content including, but not limited to, games, software, music, movies, pictures, ROMs, abandon-ware, and leaked software. “Cracks” are programs that disable copy-protection technology; “Multiplayer Hacks” are any programs, patches, files, modifications or information exposure cheats that allow a player to gain an unfair advantage over other human opponents in a multiplayer game; a “Key” is a combination of numbers and letters that is required for software installation and sometimes used to validate users for online play; and “Key-Generators” are programs that generate valid Keys.

You may not encourage, post in support of, link to, or discuss activities, methods, and/or techniques involving piracy, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators. In addition, the following are grounds for moderator action on your post and/or account:

Seeking help to create cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
Seeking missing files that are supplied with installation CD(s)
Admitting to possess pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
Admitting to distribute pirated materials, cracks, multiplayer hacks, keys and key-generators
Admitting to the use of cracks, multiplayer hacks and key-generators
Uploading any such files to HeavenGames sites
Generally breaking this rule will result in an instant permanent ban. However you may be given a warning for a first offence if, in our opinion, you are a new forumer who doesn’t understand why this is such a strict rule – this will be explained to you; any subsequent offences will result in a permanent ban.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 03-15-16 10:44 EST (US)     6 / 9       
I believe he didn't know it was piracy as he came here asking for help, but of course, now we told him and now he knows it for sure.

I should also add that for some people who live in certain countries it is hard to find an original disc in a store (I am 100% sure that there is no Stronghold 2 disc being sold in Serbia at this moment), and that leaves Ebay, Amazon and such, and Steam being the only option for them. Unfortunately, there comes another difficulty - young people don't have internet paying cards. It's a shame that Stronghold Collection is not being distributed to more countries. I mean on physical copy by this, though I prefer having digital copy before having to insert the disc each time which can get damaged by time. By this I don't mean to justify anything illegal!

Luckily for him, there are ways to get an internet paying card for free in some banks, one just needs to ask around about that. Also, like I said, Hannzo96, there are other options but Steam. On Stronghold 2 homepage here at Stronghold Heaven you can find suggested places where you can buy Stronghold 2 from, and among those are Steam and Amazon as well. You can click at the Amazon one, and see what it offers. It's quite easy, and actually - simpler then buying it in a store sometimes.

Oh, and on more thing - with Steam you would be able to play the game right away, and you can play it in offline mode as well (if that could bother you).

EDIT: With Amazon it seems that you may need to pay more for delivery, though with it you would receive a physical copy of the game faster. I just tried it, for that one at Amazon I would be asked to pay about 50 euros. Still, it seems that Ebay would be cheaper for that purpose, but again, Steam remains the best.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 03-15-2016 @ 11:01 AM).]

Doomsword
Earl
posted 03-15-16 15:03 EST (US)     7 / 9       
Oh, I hear ya', he's in Egypt or something. Regardless...

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
LordShip
Archer
posted 06-13-16 20:53 EST (US)     8 / 9       
Have I broken a rule/law?
I have two disks that came with my stronghold 2. back when it came out (I paid $60.00)
I also have MagicDisk and it makes virtual drives - so I installed both disks to virtual drives and then installed them to my win7 and updated them. I did it just so as not to keep re-inserting disks ( I do it with Morrowind and Oblivion too).
After reading the posts here I get the sinking feeling that's not allowed - is it?
LS.
PS I don't "bootleg" and have owned the original disks since day one.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 06-14-16 03:35 EST (US)     9 / 9       
I don't know, I think it is allowed - as long as you don't do it so you wouldn't have to pay the game. I do the same by the way out of worry that I may not be able to find another disc here in Serbia. Well, I am 100% sure that I wouldn't find it in any store if we exclude things like Ebay or if we exclude Steam.

You have your original disc, enjoy playing. It is obvious that you didn't crack it.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames