You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy
Moderated by ericgolf, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy » How ot get Ga,e Ranger to work on Steam version
Bottom
Topic Subject:How ot get Ga,e Ranger to work on Steam version
Piehole13
Archer
posted 07-11-16 23:44 EST (US)         
It just takes me to the main menu and I cant click on the multiplayer since its disabled. I see people playing it tho so how do you do it?
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-12-16 10:43 EST (US)     1 / 5       
Welcome to Stronghold Heaven!

You don't need to start Stronghold 2 by yourself when you want to play Stronghold 2 multiplayer game by GameRanger.

Just run GameRanger, find a room Stronghold 2 multiplayer game, join it, and wait for the host to start the game. Stronghold 2 will run automatically, and you will handle everything easily from that moment. You just need to pay attention to version - there are many guys who play with version 1.4, and 1.4 and 1.4.1 are not compatible. 1.4.1 is way batter, and it's the stable one.

You can also start game ranger and host a game (i.e. open a room), and wait for other players to come, and then to start the game.

Hope this helps, and feel free to ask any question.
Piehole13
Archer
posted 07-12-16 11:38 EST (US)     2 / 5       
I have the steam version though and it wont let me into the lobby just takes me to the main menu

[This message has been edited by Piehole13 (edited 07-12-2016 @ 11:39 AM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-12-16 12:39 EST (US)     3 / 5       
That's interesting. I have read at some moment that Steam version of the game can't work with GameRanger, but as far as I remember that isn't true - at least it wasn't in my case if I remember correctly.

Now when I think about it, in your particular case, I'd say that the host had 1.4 version... Do you want to try with me? You can add me on Steam, I'm sw_eagleprince.

EDIT: I'll be near my computer until 11pm by Central European timezone. Just come here, and say when you would want to try. We wouldn't play a game, I don't have the time unfortunately, but we would just check if it works to you.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 07-12-2016 @ 12:41 PM).]

Piehole13
Archer
posted 07-13-16 13:15 EST (US)     4 / 5       
Thanks for offering but I figured it out.

For all people with the steam version of the game:

1. Right Click on Stronghold2 on steam go to properties
2. Click Local Files Tab
3. Click Browse Local Files
4. Find the Stronghold 2.exe (The one with the picture of the shield with the 2)
5. Right click and go to properties again
6. Go to compatibility and select Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
7. Then use Game Ranger

Also does anyone have a download link for one of the 3v3,4v4 maps I used to see with really high population caps

[This message has been edited by Piehole13 (edited 07-13-2016 @ 01:19 PM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-13-16 14:02 EST (US)     5 / 5       
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames