You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.155 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner » 2nd Stronghold Historical Castle Competition
Bottom
Topic Subject:2nd Stronghold Historical Castle Competition
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 09-25-05 00:08 EST (US)         

The 2nd Stronghold Historical Castle Competition

As designing a historical castle was the most requested contest idea in The Jousting Ground, Stronghold 2 Heaven is proud to present the 2nd Historical Castle Competition.

Unlike previous contests, entries in this contest may be submitted from the original Stronghold, Stronghold Crusader, or Stronghold 2 games. If sufficient entries are submitted from each game, then we may decide to have a winner for each.

We have selected 7 castles for you to choose from (including 3 Crusader castles), and to get you started have found some historical information and floor plans on each of them.

•Carreg Cennon in Wales [castle info * floor plan]
•Warkworth in England [castle info * floor plan]
•Harlech in Wales [castle info & floor plan * aerial photo]
•Conwy in Wales [castle info * floor plan * aerial photo]

Crusader castles:

•Margat (Marqab) in Syria [castle info * floor plan]
•Krak de Chevaliers in Syria [castle info * floor plan]
•Mamure Kalesi in Turkey [castle info * floor plan]

Your entry should be as close to your chosen castle as possible, but can be of any of the available mission types. We'd like you to base any scenario details on historical events, but we're open to some creative 'What if?' scenarios as well.

So what exactly are we asking you to do?

•The map and castle should be based, as accurately as possible, on one of the 7 historical castles listed above.
•The scenario should be based on a historical event involving that castle, or on a feasible What if?

Other rules and notes:

•The closing date for entries is 30th November 2005.
•All scenario categories can be used.
•We will only accept scenarios that have not been uploaded before, but you can submit a scenario based on a castle already featured on Stronghold Heaven.
•Entries will be judged by the SH Staff on accuracy, historical merit and (of course) playability.

First prize: game of the winner's choice, up to US$40
Second prize: choice of HG t-shirt or hat

Entries should be sent to kester@heavengames.com

Good luck!
The Stronghold Heaven Staff

.-•°•-.-• Kester •-.-•°•-.
•-.-•°•-.-• deviations .-•°•-. flickr .-•°•-. gamertag •-.-•°•-.-•
.-•°•-.-• if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } •-.-•°•-.

[This message has been edited by Kester (edited 09-27-2005 @ 01:25 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-28-05 14:51 EST (US)     151 / 155       
Andy Baz and Jack of All Trades - please email me! I used your profile emails, but don't know if you got them.

.-•°•-.-• if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } •-.-•°•-.
Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-30-05 00:14 EST (US)     152 / 155       
Results page is up!

It's here.

MNICY
Archer
posted 12-30-05 14:04 EST (US)     153 / 155       
so, i guess it would be an added bonus to get an inn named after you and your castle...
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,731,,10
yah...

Lords: Conquest - Medieval MMOG
"Come to think of it, how many people CAN fit on a pike?" -artofmath
"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 12-30-05 14:37 EST (US)     154 / 155       
You know, that Inn title seemed familiar to me, but I didn't stop to think why. An honor indeed

Duke of York
Knight
posted 12-31-05 11:27 EST (US)     155 / 155       
Sorry for the delayed response - I have been away on vacation.

CONGRATULATIONS to all the contestants. As mentioned by Sparrow - it was very difficult to judge the fine maps. I personally used 10 different categories when rating the map - scoring them from 1 - 5 in each category. 50 would have been the perfect score. I dont have my notes with me since I still havent returned home yet - but my top rated map received a total of 44 points.

Again - great work by all. When I get home, I may email some of the "runners-up" to give them some pointers on my notes.

Happy New Year

DoY

Duke of York
"..The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world." 1 John 4:14
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames