You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner » Art contest?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Art contest?
Duc de Noisiel
Archer
posted 05-19-06 09:23 EST (US)         
I have noticed that some of the SHH community are quite talented in art. For a change, the next competiton could be oriented in this way. A minimap art competition.

The map could be of any size, although the result would look better with a large map which would also ensure better details. It could be a siege, an invasion map, a freebuild... The scenario would not be the main goal, although the map would need to be playable and fun to play.

It could take a while to make one up, and some of you are having exams or will be going on vacation soon, so could not make it with a short deadline. Maybe we could do one over two or three month in order to give time to all to offer the best results.

Some maps are displayed below as examples.

What's your opinion?

Camargue of Rohan

Drakensberg Ruins Invasion
Drakensberg - the Dragon Mountains. (version 3) Siège

Forgotten World

A giant once walked here

Kraken!

Orc Caves v2

Treasure Island

AuthorReplies:
Jasper Tudor
Archer
posted 05-19-06 09:34 EST (US)     1 / 3       
Wasn't the previous contest about the exact same thing?

Sand is overrated. It's just tiny little rocks.

Check out my latest map, Dear Brother
Duc de Noisiel
Archer
posted 05-19-06 09:48 EST (US)     2 / 3       
Not exactly, it was based mainly on screenshots and on some minimaps of regular castles.
Only two of them where artisticly designed if you look at the results, in term of creating an image over the full map.

The idea here is to create a map with a landscape that represents something in the mini map.

[This message has been edited by Duc de Noisiel (edited 05-19-2006 @ 10:12 AM).]

Dark NeRo
Archer
posted 05-25-06 08:43 EST (US)     3 / 3       
I would more like a historical castle competition again ( i know we had two before but i think its really funny to re designg historical castles)
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames