You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.237 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner » Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader: Fantasy Scenario Competition
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader: Fantasy Scenario Competition
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10  Next Page »
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 05-04-07 07:48 EST (US)         
Ladies and Gentlemen. On behalf of the staff at Stronghold Heaven, I would like to cordially invite you to compete in;

The Stronghold and Crusader Fantasy Scenario Competition

As the title suggests, we are looking for a fantasy/ficticious scenario that can be set in either Stronghold 1 or Stronghold: Crusader. The scenario content is entirely up to you, and can be based on either a siege, invasion or economic map. There are only a few limitations, which are set out below, and the competition is designed to allow you all to let your imaginations run riot!

• No freebuild scenarios or skirmish maps; we want to see full use of the editor, including any events
  • You must produce a full story and/or instructions to accompany the scenario. In addition, you must produce a separate document to explain how and why you chose the scenario, what you are trying to achieve with the map and explain any specific events, landscapes and characters
  • You may submit one Stronghold 1 map and one Stronghold: Crusader map if you wish; two maps per designer

In the case of multiple designers with one account, you can either submit maps designed by both parties, or separated individually, but clearly labelled by the individual designer.

The idea of the competition is not just to allow you to exercise your imagination, but to explore the use of the editor and complete a 'packaged' map (i.e. map, write-up, separate document and screenshots/minimap).

A few other pointers;

• Eye candy is up to the designer, however you will not be punished if you do not have great swathes of tricks littering the map
  • All entries will be judged by Sulis with assistance from other members of staff. Our decision will be final.
  • You must complete a new scenario, not a map already submitted to the downloads section (although you may use a semi-completed scenario from your hard drive as long as it has not been made public knowledge to others)
  • Entries will be judged on unique scenario design, a strong story and/or instructions, excellent use of the editor and a genuine 'feel' of fantasy or fiction throughout your scenario

The closing date for entries is 13 July 2007.

There will be two winners, one for Stronghold and one for Crusader. The winners will have a dedicated page on the site under the competitions tab with minimaps, screenshots and an introduction to the scenario, including the judges' comments. The map winners will also be added as a news item. Runners up will have minimaps and judges comments. All maps will have a link taking forumers to the relevant download.

Please submit your competition entries to Sulis@heavengames.com. Do not upload your entry to the site until after judging has taken place and the winners announced.

To all of you who play Stronghold 2 and Stronghold: Legends, your turn will be next!

No doubt there will be many questions, so please ask away

We wish you all the very best of luck!

Sincerely,

The Stronghold Heaven staff

[This message has been edited by Sulis (edited 06-07-2007 @ 10:56 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Loegaire
OD Core Group
(id: Lord Ap Hywell)
posted 10-18-07 13:12 EST (US)     226 / 237       
*plays Jeopardy music even louder*

On the individual level the response may appear to be a fiction, but fiction in a wider cultural context has a way of appearing to be true.
ericgolf
Earl
posted 11-04-07 06:02 EST (US)     227 / 237       
The winners will have a dedicated page on the site under the competitions tab with minimaps, screenshots and an introduction to the scenario, including the judges' comments. The map winners will also be added as a news item. Runners up will have minimaps and judges comments. All maps will have a link taking forumers to the relevant download.
How is it going with the feedback on the maps?

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
Loegaire
OD Core Group
posted 11-11-07 14:19 EST (US)     228 / 237       
I hate to ask you to hurry up Sulis, but could you hurry up? It was a month and a half ago now that you said you'd have the stuff up "very soon."

On the individual level the response may appear to be a fiction, but fiction in a wider cultural context has a way of appearing to be true.
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 12-17-07 12:57 EST (US)     229 / 237       
Finally... the results are up and the competition pages newsed. I'm really sorry for such a long time in getting this done. Here's a link to the Competition Results section.
ericgolf
Earl
posted 12-17-07 17:30 EST (US)     230 / 237       
Thanks, Sulis. And thanks for your kind words about my Mind Over Matter map

~~~~~~~~~~~~
artofmath
Archer
posted 12-17-07 21:10 EST (US)     231 / 237       
Wow. Congrats, Douglass!

Can I test your map?

I promise to try to find a way to cheat. Promise.

..."religion is the opium of the masses"... - Karl Marx.
Loegaire
OD Core Group
posted 12-18-07 09:24 EST (US)     232 / 237       
Gracias, man.

Tammo VII
Archer
posted 12-19-07 22:45 EST (US)     233 / 237       
Hey, thanks Sulis! This may be one of the best christmas presents i get this year! Thanks for the kind words about my Leven Wars map, ive just submitted it for downloading, and I hate to ask more of you, but is there any way for you to post a link to my download on the page about my map?

Thanks again, to Sulis and the entire judging team for a very successful competition!!
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 12-20-07 03:33 EST (US)     234 / 237       
I'll do the link for you today, Tammo VII. I was wondering when you were going to submit the map to the downloads

(EDIT) Map link done

[This message has been edited by Sulis (edited 12-20-2007 @ 03:37 AM).]

Dougleass
Archer
posted 12-21-07 02:00 EST (US)     235 / 237       
Thanks artofmath and especially Sulis!
In fact, eric found out that you can cheat. We talked some over email, and I made it harder to cheat, but it's still possible nonetheless.
I'm not so sure about the playability of the map anymore, but since i've gotten no more complaints, and since Sulis actually picked my map among all the other wonderful maps, I suppose it still works as it should anyways.

Check out Rome, Duomo, Troy, and Ghost.
Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
Dougleass
Archer
posted 12-21-07 02:04 EST (US)     236 / 237       
oh and I just noticed that one the competition page, the newest competition results should be placed on top of the rest, and not under the rest. If you see the competition over this one on the list, it was done in 2003.

Check out Rome, Duomo, Troy, and Ghost.
Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
ericgolf
Earl
posted 12-21-07 12:01 EST (US)     237 / 237       
In fact, eric found out that you can cheat.
I was keeping quiet about that

~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames