You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner » Small Maps Competition Take 2
Bottom
Topic Subject:Small Maps Competition Take 2
Timballisto
Archer
posted 09-13-16 21:50 EST (US)         

*Blows the dust off the grave of the previous thread*

Alright, so let's try this again. Most people these days don't seem to have a lot of time to pour into the crafting of maps, so let's just dip our toes in and see what we can come up with!

I am going to host a small maps competition.

Your map must be

* 160x160 in size
* Made for either Stronghold or Stronghold: Crusader
* 15 years or less in length.

That's it!

Scoring

I will judge the entries, along with anyone who indicates they're interested in participating in judging. More judges will make this contest more fun, so I would encourage all comers to judge.

Each judge will create a ranking of the entries by how much they enjoyed each one. The lowest-ranking map will receive one point, the second-lowest, two, etc. Judges will not rank their own maps should they submit one. The final score for a map will be the number of points it receives divided by the number of judges who have given it a rank. The winner is the submission which is awarded the highest score.

Competition Timeline

You must submit your entry and/or declare your intent to participate in judging before the end of October 18th, 2016 UTC/GMT. If you plan to submit an entry, post in this thread indicating that you wish to do so.

Judges will have two weeks from the closing of the contest to rank the submissions. If several entries are received, then the time may be extended to accommodate that fact. If a judge fails to come forward with rankings by the deadline, then their input is forfeit.

Submitting Entries

Entries are to be uploaded either here or at Stronghold Nation (preferably both). Once your map is available in the downloads section, post a link to the download in this thread.

Come make yourself a fun tiny map!

Submit your entry before midnight UTC/GMT October 18th, 2016!

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"

[This message has been edited by Timballisto (edited 09-19-2016 @ 05:02 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-15-16 13:31 EST (US)     1 / 3       
This sounds interesting!

I would suggest you to let people at Steam know about this as well, and perhaps even on Stronghold Nation.

I myself am afraid that I won't be able to participate. I have a lot of obligations these days, and I try to do as much work as possible.
Timballisto
Archer
posted 09-15-16 17:28 EST (US)     2 / 3       
I actually posted a discussion topic over at Steam, the response I got was underwhelming. I also sent an email to Lord Chris asking him if he would be willing to make it a news item on the site, or a forum post. I think I'll go ahead and just make the forum post.

I don't seem to be able to post topics in the competition forum though, I guess I'll try putting it somewhere else.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"

[This message has been edited by Timballisto (edited 09-15-2016 @ 05:44 PM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-16-16 12:49 EST (US)     3 / 3       
You see, they at Stronghold Nation have a competition, and it's on weekly basis. Maybe you could do something similar, but on monthly basis for example? So there could be an October challenge, and I think that no one should sign into it until a certain date, but you just say "entries need to be submitted until that time", who whoever makes their entry - they're in.

That's how it works at Stronghold Nations competition.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames