Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » SH2: Maps Not Appearing in Load Menu
Bottom
Topic Subject:SH2: Maps Not Appearing in Load Menu
Ascertes
Archer
posted 11-01-16 18:14 EST (US)         
I'm having a problem where the game doesn't register my projects existing when I go to load them in Map Editor. They appear in the game list when I go into Kingmaker/Custom, but just not for the editor.

I think this has something to do with me running windows 8. Has anyone had this problem or know how to fix it? The s2m file is in My Documents/Stronghold 2/Maps, so I'm curious as to what could be creating the problem.

"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence."
-Dread Master Raptus
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 11-02-16 02:48 EST (US)     1 / 3       
Hi! I don't think that this problem has something to do with you running Windows 8.1, there are more players who have the same version of Windows. I mean, yes, it can, but it should still work somehow.

Have you tried to create a new map with this installation of the game, and try to see where it is going to be saved? I used to have an issue with Stronghold 1 saving its maps, save files, etc not into the My Documents folder, but somewhere in the Application Data folder, or something like that. So I would try with that - to save a map with an unusual name, and then try to search for it in Windows Explorer to see where it was stored.
Ascertes
Archer
posted 11-04-16 01:30 EST (US)     2 / 3       
Ah, sorry...It's working now. I didn't have the 1.4.1 patch installed lol. False alarm!

"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence."
-Dread Master Raptus
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 11-05-16 14:49 EST (US)     3 / 3       
Glad to hear it, what matters is that everything's fine. I didn't know such a thing may happen if the game is not patched, but yeah - that's something that is always recommended to do regardless of the game.

Have fun with Stronghold 2!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames