You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Issues
Moderated by Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » stronghold music files and video files problem
Bottom
Topic Subject:stronghold music files and video files problem
iaminneedofhelp
Banned
posted 04-11-18 19:37 EST (US)         
i downloaded stronghold for free, installed it and it is unable to play music and videos.

operating system: windows 7 32 bit

downloaded from: https://thepcgames.net/stronghold-1-pc-game/

question: do you have music files in your music folder?

answer: yes

question: do you have video files?

answer: yes but the videos that appear on the map does work
AuthorReplies:
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 04-12-18 05:33 EST (US)     1 / 11       
I'm not sure the version of the game you have downloaded is legal as I've never heard about the first Stronghold game by Firefly Studios being released for free. In fact, they have updated the game so it is compartible with wide screen monitors: Stronghold HD

The original Stronghold use 800 MB of space on the hard disk when installed.
It consists of 2956 files and 18 folders when checking the properties of the "Stronghold" folder.

A DRM free legal version of Stronghold HD can be bought here:
https://www.gog.com/game/stronghold for US $5.99. Sometimes the game is on sale for about half that.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
iaminneedofhelp
Banned
posted 04-12-18 11:03 EST (US)     2 / 11       
i found out that the video files and music files are blank. i played one of the music files with audacity and nothing. the music files are modified to have no sound at all. what about the video files? the video files i'm talking about are .BIK files. but only one .BIK file is modified and it's called intro.BIK. i played intro.BIK with RAD Video Tools and it's splitsecond nothing. if you do not believe me. here is the download i created so you will believe me: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ml52pn2mbioptyv/binks and fx.zip?dl=0 note: play one of the .RAW files in fx folder and intro.BIK in binks folder
PCDania
Archer
posted 04-12-18 11:45 EST (US)     3 / 11       
I believe you and the game you have downloaded is not a legal version of the game. I also can't provide you with any files that are part of the original game as that is illegal.

A DRM free legal version of Stronghold HD can be bought here:
https://www.gog.com/game/stronghold for US $5.99. Sometimes the game is on sale for about half that.

Edit: Oh, and admitting to having an illegal (or pirated) version of a game can get one banned here at HeavenGames.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 04-12-2018 @ 11:46 AM).]

iaminneedofhelp
Banned
posted 04-12-18 11:52 EST (US)     4 / 11       
it was obvious that i downloaded the game illegally
PCDania
Archer
posted 04-12-18 15:39 EST (US)     5 / 11       
Great a confession. Now I only need see if I bother find a moderator to ban you.

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-23-18 14:53 EST (US)     6 / 11       
Indeed, one can get entire Stronghold Collection for less than ten bucks. If you want one of the games, such as Crusader 1 or Stronghold 1, then you can buy it for price of a sandwich when it is on sale.

Even if you're young, and don't have a job, you should still be able to get a card for internet payment for free in some banks.
iaminneedofhelp
Banned
posted 05-10-18 17:17 EST (US)     7 / 11       
what? are you sure about that eagle? and also how am i still not banned?
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 05-11-18 11:15 EST (US)     8 / 11       
Just stay cool, and don't try anything regarding piracy from now on. I'm not a moderator, so I don't promise you anything, but just let's not mention it again.

Regarding buying Stronghold games.

You should make a Steam account. Then you can follow The Stronghold Collection, so you would get an email notification when it goes on sale.

However, it is on sale at Humble Bundle already. (Prior to buying the game at Humble Bundle you should still make a Steam account.) But not the collection, only each game separately. For example, here's Stronghold HD at Humble Bundle for 1.37 euro.

You can also search for Stronghold Crusader HD at Humble Bundle, it's 1.99 euro right now, and Stronghold Crusader 2 is 3.49 euro. But if you get Stronghold Crusader 2 Spacial Edition for 3.99 euro, then Stronghold Crusader HD in included in that. In this case you would be able to buy all three games with two purchases.

Stronghold 2 and Stronghold Legends are also on sale there, but I think you could get them cheaper if you just stay patient, and pick them up in the right time when they are on a bigger sale. Check that by yourself. And all those five Stronghold games are going to be on sale at Humble Bundle for 13 more days.

One more tip. Even if you don't want to buy the game right now, you can make a Humble Bundle account, sometimes they give away some games for three. That's how I got GRID (the racing game) for free.

When you buy a game on Humble Bundle such as this one, you get from them an activation code for Steam. Then you open Steam, and add this game into your library using this key.

Bear in mind that I'm telling you this as a friend, I do not speak in name of Stronghold Heaven. I'm just giving you a tip how you can get this game. And those games are awesome, those guys from Firefly really deserve it.
Civis Romanus
Earl
posted 05-11-18 15:42 EST (US)     9 / 11       
what? are you sure about that eagle? and also how am i still not banned?
EaglePrince is correct.

If you are still wondering why you are not banned, it's because you were given a chance to clean up your act. If you want to be banned, I will take care of it. If not, stop talking about stolen software in any and all HG forums.

Angel Civis Romanus
EXCO

[This message has been edited by Civis Romanus (edited 05-11-2018 @ 03:46 PM).]

iaminneedofhelp
Banned
posted 05-12-18 12:48 EST (US)     10 / 11       
i already have a steam account but i don't play games with it today because i am stuck with low end computers
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 05-12-18 13:28 EST (US)     11 / 11       
Doesn't matter, you would still be able to play Crusader HD and Stronghold HD without even starting Steam after you have downloaded it, and installed it.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames