You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Scripts for winning conditions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Scripts for winning conditions
Evey
Archer
posted 04-16-17 11:27 EST (US)         
Hello,

I want to create maps for Stronghold Crusader (1) and add some interesting winning and losing conditions.

I don't know how to do it, I saw on a forum that you have write a script but they never said what software we have to use.

Could anyone please guide me a bit ?
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-16-17 17:04 EST (US)     1 / 3       
I don't think that this script is something you actually type. You have these win and lose conditions in the editor, and all those events, and you simply use them. You may experiment a little with some simple test scenarios, just to see how it works if you need.

Also, in Stronghold 2 for example there are far more triggers which you can set for some of your events, so there using the term script makes more sense. But in Crusader 1 you cannot do as much as in Stronghold 2, so I wouldn't call it "scripting".

Are you sure that you saw this script thing being mentioned in topic related to Stronghold Crusader 1/Stronghold 1, and not to some other Stronghold game?

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 04-16-2017 @ 05:05 PM).]

Evey
Archer
posted 04-17-17 04:32 EST (US)     2 / 3       
Yes I think the author made his tutorial for Stronghold Crusader 1 and Stronghold the original as well.

It is actually in this forum, the author name is ultima_spock:
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=4,519,,all

I just don't see how I can add so many variables in the editor itself.
For example I don't see how I can set a certain amount of ressources to get to win.
For example the objectives would be:
Get: 200 bread

I don't see anything like this, just "Ressources bought".
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-17-17 15:07 EST (US)     3 / 3       
First of all, for this you need to be working on a scenario map. (Though another types of maps should be possible to convert to scenario maps.) Then you have the Edit Scenario option. Go there, and hit Add Event. In the bottom you can choose action, and in this case it should be Win, while above you have the Edit Conditions button. There you can set your win conditions.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames