You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » all soldiers wont spawn
Bottom
Topic Subject:all soldiers wont spawn
alord
Archer
posted 07-08-17 08:42 EST (US)         
Hi
I was trying to simply add invasion to my map but not all of the soldiers I put in get spawned. knights and siege equipment wont get spawned for some reason. other soldiers seem to spawn.

does anyone know why?

maybe its because I took a saved game and changed it's extension to map and put it in maps folder so i could edit it....

Edit: (This is in stronghold HD)

thx!

[This message has been edited by alord (edited 07-08-2017 @ 08:46 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-08-17 12:46 EST (US)     1 / 11       
I'm not sure what might be causing the issue, but you could try that same thing on a blank map with the exact same invasion. Another thing you might want to do is to try to edit the invasion troops. Maybe you made the attacking army too large, so the game just doesn't send all of the soldiers you wanted. Just a guess. But whenever you try these things, always make sure not to delete the older version, so if you mess up with anything, you wouldn't have to redo everything.
alord
Archer
posted 07-09-17 04:10 EST (US)     2 / 11       
thanks for your reply EaglePrince.

I wasnt able to get the invasion working in the savegame.

But I started new game and this time the knights spawn (did I change something?)

the siege weapons spawn too , i had forgot to put the engineers so that was the reason they didnt spawn first.

however after few invasions the knight, macemen, etc. and siege equipment fail to spawn again... maybe there's some kind of unit limit or maybe this is a bug in the game.

[This message has been edited by alord (edited 07-09-2017 @ 04:13 AM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-09-17 06:14 EST (US)     3 / 11       
Glad to hear that it works at least slightly better.

Unfortunately, I don't know what might be causing the issue, and to say the truth, I'm not that much experienced in scenario editor... One way would be to check this forum now and then, and to see if somebody who knows the answer tells something (and yes, there are plenty of guys experienced in scenario making, many of them are capable of making marvelous stuff); or another way would be trying to ask the same question at Stronghold Nation forum as well.
alord
Archer
posted 07-09-17 06:59 EST (US)     4 / 11       
The problem is indeed with a unit limit. The more units I had defending the castle the less unit invasion spawns. I played to a point where I had 1k soldiers and the invasions stopped spawning any units.
also at this point the peasants stopped coming to my castle.

so I guess 1k is max unit for this game. does anybody know if that can be changed?

[This message has been edited by alord (edited 07-09-2017 @ 07:07 AM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-09-17 13:46 EST (US)     5 / 11       
That is too bad, and it surprises me that there is a limit which works like that... First, 1000 units seems so little to me, and secondly - why would your population matter to your opponents...

Do you have the new 1.4 version by the way? Maybe this issue is present with this latest version of the game? Maybe this is a bug that needs to be reported to Firefly. If don't know how you would do it, just tell.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 07-09-2017 @ 01:47 PM).]

alord
Archer
posted 07-10-17 07:01 EST (US)     6 / 11       
I have the v1.4
Strife
Archer
posted 07-10-17 12:02 EST (US)     7 / 11       
There's a unit cap of 1500 total, including military, civilian, and wildlife, although I've had issues where there will be a display of maybe around 190 units remaining before reaching the ca, but I would not be able to place any units down except for siege units.

Your best course of action is to spread the invasion forces over a few months with varying sizes (e.g. 300 in month 1, wait three to five months, another 300, wait, etc.) so that the defender can kill off some units before hitting the cap. The effect remains the same, or possibly result in better gameplay. The AI usually still only sends in small groups of units at a time, letting your archers mow them down if you already mass-built them.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-10-17 12:41 EST (US)     8 / 11       
Interesting, I am surprised that this capacity number is so low. At least it seems to me low. Also, since that is the case, another thing he could do is making things for the human player harder, so he cannot mass-build tons of archers like you said. Perhaps that's the reason why I haven't noticed this issue before. I simply prefer those missions where I struggle with economy and with training new troops, thus there is almost now way for them to reach the top capacity.

Few more ideas... Plague, fire, etc... Yup, at first I hated those, but it is interesting when player doesn't only need to deal with enemies army, but with other problems insider their castle as well.
alord
Archer
posted 07-11-17 05:41 EST (US)     9 / 11       
Thanks Strife, I think you are correct.

@EaglePrince
My mission is a tower defense style mission where the invading enemy gets bigger and bigger and last waves should be overwhelming. But of course this didn't happen because of the limit

[This message has been edited by alord (edited 07-11-2017 @ 06:56 AM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-11-17 08:20 EST (US)     10 / 11       
Maybe you could just rethink the scenario, so that the player would have less units. I mean, if I was game-testing your scenario, and if I was able to get 700 troops on my castle, then I would say that the scenario is too easy, and it needs to be made harder. By giving the player less resources around the castle, by giving the player less goods in the beginning, and like I said - by adding those events that would mess up the players economy.
alord
Archer
posted 07-11-17 10:01 EST (US)     11 / 11       
Yeah, I just like to have lot of troops and huge invasions

[This message has been edited by alord (edited 07-11-2017 @ 10:02 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames