You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold: Game Help & Strategy Discussions
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, ericgolf, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.7 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold: Game Help & Strategy Discussions » Original Stronghold Patch Error
Bottom
Topic Subject:Original Stronghold Patch Error
KillerDreaming
Archer
posted 06-18-04 19:09 EST (US)         
Have you downloaded the 1.1 or 1.2 patch for Stronghold and recieved the error that you must enter the CD into the CD Rom?

This is because you have installed the patch when V1.2 was already on you'r game, The combo of "Tropico and Stronghold Classic" already has the patch with the game..

To fix the game you must reinstall it, But don't worry about losing you'r maps, Just move them into a seperate folder by doing the follows..

Create a new file called "Stronghold Files" with sub folders like "Maps" and "Saves" and move you'r maps and saves into the folders..

To see if you have V1.2 BEFORE you install the patch, Open the game and at the main menu look at the top-left of the screen and there will be text that says "V1.?" If it say's V1.0 then you can download either of the patches, If it say's V1.1, You can download V1.2, However..

If it say's V1.2, You don't need to download or install the patches, If you did download and install the patches when you have V1.2, Read above for how to fix it..

The reason it has this error is because if V1.2 is already installed, Installing it again cause a overwrite of the current files, That means the code of the files that were installed for you'r game had been changed and caused a code error inside the game and caused it to not be able to detect the CD..

Trained Bowman..
Skills: Can shoot 2 bow's at once..
Weapon: Custom made Bow..
AuthorReplies:
firewrks
Archer
posted 08-20-04 02:05 EST (US)     1 / 7       
I'd like to refer to Types of Stronghold and the Do I Need to Patch Guide. These contain the proper procedures for identifying the correct distribution/release of Stronghold. The method of relying on the presence of a "v1.X" is inaccurate since some prepatched Stronghold copies do not indicate any version information. Hence, relying on "v1.X" only adds confusion and can render a Stronghold installation unusable.

Also, the explaination of the CD error cause is inaccurate. The cause of "v1.1/2 Patch applied cause CD detection failure" is not game code, it is publisher code. When Firefly wrote Stronghold, Take2-Gathering (the original publisher) added CD copy protection code to Stronghold.exe. However, Stronghold is now published by Global Star Software, this publisher has added different CD copy protection code. Since v1.1/2 patches are published under Take2-Gathering and before Globalstar began publishing, the updated Stronghold.exe in the patch contains CD Copy Protection code from Take2-Gathering. So, if a v1.1/2 patch is applied to a Global Star Stronghold release, the patched executable is a Take2-Gathering CD Copy Protection code attempting to read a Globalstar copy protected cd. Subsequently, the Take2-Gathering code fails to read the GlobalStar Stronghold CD. Hence the error, "CD Not Found".

Summary
-Stronghold has two publishers Take2-Gathering (original) and Global Star Software (current)
-Patch No CD errors caused by incompatble publisher cd protection
-Use the Do I Need to Patch Guide for correct determination
-------------------------

Stronghold: Lord of the Rings -- Begin the Journey

Mastermindj
Archer
posted 11-22-04 19:55 EST (US)     2 / 7       
I have a problem with my copy of Stronghold. I know that it is the Global Star version, but according to their website, that version is supposed to be pre-patched. However, I still encounter numerous bugs such as extra trees spawning from the apple farm. What's wrong?
Wraith
Archer
posted 11-23-04 20:08 EST (US)     3 / 7       
They didn't (and as far as I know wont) address those issues.

Guard your walls, I am coming.
My Recommendations
Vorkill
Archer
posted 07-29-06 15:37 EST (US)     4 / 7       
I have a Global Star release of Stronghold. I called the support team to find a solution to the bugs that were allegedly already fixed in this release and weren't. The nice gentleman at the other end did insist that the bugs were fixed and really couldn't help me in my situation. I think what may have happened is Global Star may have released for a very breif time a "pre-patched" version. That would explain this problem.

Now I know this may seem like crossing a border into no-mans land...[edited by Sparrow]. I own a legit copy of Stronghold.

--------
Added by Sparrow:

That was crossing the border into no-mans land and into the forbidden territory beyond.

This post contained a discussion of obtaining and using a crack. Such discussions violate the Code of Conduct and those references have been deleted.

[This message has been edited by Sparrow (edited 07-29-2006 @ 06:16 PM).]

Sparrow
Archer
posted 07-29-06 18:10 EST (US)     5 / 7       
Vorkill, our Code of Conduct (CoC) states:

Quote:

You may not encourage, discuss, link to, or post in support of activities, methods, and/or techniques involving piracy, cracks.... In addition, the following are grounds for moderator action on your post and/or account:

Admitting to possess...cracks....
Admitting to the use of cracks....

Please adhere to the Code of Conduct. Thanks.

[This message has been edited by Sparrow (edited 07-29-2006 @ 06:11 PM).]

raima55
Archer
posted 10-23-14 02:51 EST (US)     6 / 7       
If anyone is still looking to purchase SH1, it's probably worth just buying SH3 off steam and SH1 comes free.

Get free demos for 642-737 free exam dumps exam and PMI exam with wiki pedia guaranteed success.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-23-14 03:04 EST (US)     7 / 7       
Yeah, they offer Stronghold Collection (SH1, SHC, SH2, and SHL) all the time now, I think, and that is around 20 euro, while the pack with SH3 is more expensive, but this week you can get all those five games for less than 10 euro.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames