You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help » You CAN move your stockpile!
Bottom
Topic Subject:You CAN move your stockpile!
Boingo
Archer
posted 05-15-06 14:38 EST (US)         
I was playing map 41: Thunder Hill yesterday, and I used a very important technique that is probably not often used.

The stockpile beside the keep can be deleted. If you do it quickly enough at the beginning of the level, you will probably only lose a few units of wood. Then you can start a whole new stockpile somewhere else on the map. You do not have to build your stockpile next to the keep. This was very useful on map 41, because the keep was under relentless archer attack from almost the beginning of the game, and was a very bad place to have a stockpile.

http://www.doomlegends.com/SHC/ST4102.jpg

This is a composite screenshot from the crummy walkthrough I did at http://stronghold.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=2048&f=&st=10&ci=

As you can see, the stockpile, at (1), is nowhere near the keep at all, but up on a plateau away from the fighting. That turned out to be a very important move, because I was able to have all other buildings that depended on the stockpile away from the fighting as well.

[This message has been edited by Boingo (edited 05-15-2006 @ 02:58 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
MNICY
Archer
posted 05-15-06 16:57 EST (US)     1 / 6       
Ive done this before, i use it to move my whole base over to an allie's base. Then, both lords can defend one castle. The problem is, if your peasents die, they have to walk over from my old castle.

Lords: Conquest - Medieval MMOG
"Come to think of it, how many people CAN fit on a pike?" -artofmath
"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
LordJacky
Archer
posted 05-15-06 17:12 EST (US)     2 / 6       
i use that strategy so my hops,iron, and other supplies could be put there quickly.I also ove the granery to get faster food. I also do that with my weapons.

The word overkill is the most important word that existed in my opinion as I have demonstrated when I sent 500 knights to my enemy not realizing they can't go into keeps...
Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 05-15-06 17:44 EST (US)     3 / 6       
Ive used this only once. I prefer to keep it as it is.

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
LordJacky
Archer
posted 05-15-06 20:59 EST (US)     4 / 6       
u know if you put it closer to your industrial things, they could put there supplies faster so you'll get more stuff

The word overkill is the most important word that existed in my opinion as I have demonstrated when I sent 500 knights to my enemy not realizing they can't go into keeps...
Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 05-16-06 17:25 EST (US)     5 / 6       
Um, yes. That is logical.
But too lazy to do so.
Production goes as well as it is in my castle.

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
LordJacky
Archer
posted 05-16-06 17:26 EST (US)     6 / 6       
i move my graneries but never my stockpile i oughta do that sometime soon!!!

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames