You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help » There is a way to manage quarry stock?
Bottom
Topic Subject:There is a way to manage quarry stock?
uoy Wheihht
Archer
posted 10-10-17 07:32 EST (US)         
Stones mined from quarry are stored on little stock, from which ox tether take it. There is a way to manage position of this local stock?
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-10-17 15:16 EST (US)     1 / 3       
Welcome to Stronghold Heaven. There is no way to directly rotate it, or something like that, but you can for example place few woodcutters there where you don't want this local stock to be. This way you are actually able to put this stock exactly where you want it, but you could find it time consuming.

On the other hand, what I do is simply acknowledging where this stock is going to be, and the fact that the game searches around the quarry for the free spot in clockwise direction around. So if I want to put four stone quarries next to each other for example, I just put the bottom two, and then the top left, and the top right just after that one. In similar way I can put six, or more of them close to each other.
Crusher67
Archer
posted 10-10-17 20:39 EST (US)     2 / 3       
Be aware that all stone mines face one direction and cannot be rotated. The front of the mine is where the stone comes from to load onto your transport. Save time for you walkers by putting the transport dock close to the front. The transport moves much faster than a walker does, so keep this in mind when developing maps and playing
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-11-17 13:23 EST (US)     3 / 3       
Plus, in skirmish or multiplayer maps the worker would need to get the stone 12 times, or so, so putting oxen close to that platform saves even more time.

Only this may not be much necessary to think about when making a map. I mean almost always the player can work out something, while AI lords would do stupid things anyway. Unless you want to make a perfectly balanced maps.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames