You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help » Question: Do all skirmish maps work in Crusader HD?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question: Do all skirmish maps work in Crusader HD?
Crusher67
Archer
posted 10-10-17 20:26 EST (US)         
Do the skirmish maps I find here work in Crusader HD? Is there anything I need to know to get them to work?

I've got a few of my own maps made in Crusader HD, and think it'd be a time saver if maps found here work, but before I download some, I wanna know if the maps here are compatible. I also need to know if my HD maps need a file name that has HD in the name so that you know they work in Crusader HD.

Please advise. Thanks in advance.
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-11-17 13:35 EST (US)     1 / 2       
Yes, all of them work on Crusader HD. Any map made by an older version of the game works in any newer version of the game.

Also, when you submit a map, you only need to pick among all possible options the game version you've made your map with, and this way anybody who downloads your maps will know. This way there is completely no need to put any "HD" tag into your maps name, nor anything like that.

But keep in mind that now we have two HD versions. 1.3, and 1.4. But if you have 1.3, maybe it might be better to just continue using this one for making your maps, as this way you make your maps for larger number of people. Also, I'm not sure how much stable the 1.4 is.

So far I've only noticed that in 1.4 the game scrolls through the map smoother. But I also had some issues in multiplayer, though I'm not sure if that had something to do with the version. I've had very little time to play the game this summer, so I can't tell for sure. Just be aware.
NomsayinBrah
Archer
posted 01-04-18 07:07 EST (US)     2 / 2       
Awesome! I had the same question. Just bought 3 copies for me, my dad and my brother.

Damn, can't wait - this is gonna be so much fun! Nostalgiaaa!
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames