You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.20 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » The Far-Distant Kasbah : SHC Eye Candy
Bottom
Topic Subject:The Far-Distant Kasbah : SHC Eye Candy
surajsubba
Archer
posted 08-06-13 17:51 EST (US)         

This is my first eye candy map which has been sitting in my hard drive for a very long time.
Nothing interesting done here, just the lowered walls, platforms, custom bastions, the usual stuff.

Minimap

There are custom farms already made in some parts of the map and it is the only thing left to do besides adding the final brush ups. Its tedious work, dont know why i did it in the first place.

Screenshot

http://tinypic.com/r/2nqdslj/5

http://oi44.tinypic.com/2r4pocz.jpg

http://oi44.tinypic.com/280ld6x.jpg

Castle construction is finished, landscaping remain.

Suraj

'.___________'-._______________.-'__________.'
.--.________.-~"^'~-.____'~-.-~+=≡↵-._◊◊_.-↵≡=+~-.-~'____.-~'^"~-.________.--.
.-________'.__'.____.-~"'_________"'~-._..-~+=↵≡+-.._◊Ĭ◊_..-+≡↵=+~-.._.-~'"_________"'~-.____.'__.'________-.
'._.-'^'-._ __'-._.-~"_"'~.-=◊↵Dark Water.wip↵=~-._◊_.-~=↵Skirmish Masters↵◊=-.~'"_"~-._.-'___.-'^'-._.'

[This message has been edited by surajsubba (edited 08-07-2013 @ 06:10 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Timballisto
Archer
posted 08-06-13 18:05 EST (US)     1 / 20       
Looks real nice, good work!

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 08-06-13 21:34 EST (US)     2 / 20       
Very Nice work for your first eyecandy map.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
surajsubba
Archer
posted 08-06-13 22:18 EST (US)     3 / 20       
Thank you

It's been a while since i've done the lowering walls trick and apparently a bunch of workers/peasants keep getting stuck on edges of lowered walls. So i'm the correcting that problem.

will be adding a few more screenshots later on today.

.-________'.__'.____.-~"'_________"'~-._..-~+=↵≡+-.._◊Ĭ◊_..-+≡↵=+~-.._.-~'"_________"'~-.____.'__.'________-.
'._.-'^'-._ __'-._.-~"_"'~.-=◊↵Dark Water.wip↵=~-._◊_.-~=↵Skirmish Masters↵◊=-.~'"_"~-._.-'___.-'^'-._.'

[This message has been edited by surajsubba (edited 08-07-2013 @ 04:53 AM).]

Fayez2010
Archer
posted 08-07-13 05:34 EST (US)     4 / 20       
The Far-Distant Town (kasbah) looks great from minimap and screenshots.
"Nothing interesting done here." I don't agree. All looks interesting.
By the way, are you from South Asia?

Titanic is as strong, even God can't sink it.
surajsubba
Archer
posted 08-07-13 06:10 EST (US)     5 / 20       
Hello Fayez. Thanks for your comment and yes, i am from south asia

I've added a couple more screenshots.
Castle is complete, working on minor remodeling of landscape. This is one of the many maps i was working on whilst travelling the Middle East. Hence the title.

Lord_of_Hell
HG News Director
posted 08-08-13 17:17 EST (US)     6 / 20       
This reminds me of an old map, similar in the design, but obviously yours is done in a highly professional level. Looks amazing

-\\__∴__//-
\\_//
surajsubba
Archer
posted 08-09-13 17:50 EST (US)     7 / 20       
Come to think of it, yes the minimap does look similar to Queen of the Desert by Sulis.

The Dragonheart
Archer
posted 08-10-13 02:24 EST (US)     8 / 20       
After reading Lord_of_Hell's comment, I instantly thought of Queen of the Desert.

This one looks good. Can't wait to explore it.
ericgolf
Earl
posted 08-10-13 03:07 EST (US)     9 / 20       
A stunning mini-map and screenies!
surajsubba
Archer
posted 08-10-13 05:31 EST (US)     10 / 20       
Thanks

The map is almost finished. Just have to put some finishing touches on it and it's done. Currently working another eyecandy map, the basic layout of the castle and terrain is complete. Will be announcing it soon.

How is your Magnum Opus coming along, TDH?

The Dragonheart
Archer
posted 08-11-13 03:07 EST (US)     11 / 20       
It's not coming along. I haven't touched it in 4 months. I may or may not finish it - but this is your thread, not mine, so let's discuss your map instead.

Is the desert landscape elevated on high terrain? From the minimap, the winding river looks like it's on low height as it cuts through higher elevation. Intriguing. I'm also interested to know what that bridge looks like (the bridge that crosses over the river near the ocean).
surajsubba
Archer
posted 08-11-13 04:20 EST (US)     12 / 20       

The desert terrain & fortifications are made on high terrain. The stronghold sits on the highest terrain while the rest of the buildings are placed on different height levels (made by lowering walls). I've kept the bridge simple, just a stretch of walls.. really.

Here's a screenshot of the bridge

http://oi40.tinypic.com/2lc4hhv.jpg

Heroesflorian
Archer
posted 08-16-13 09:52 EST (US)     13 / 20       
Well, indeed, nothing special or interesting to see here... :P Except the great map!^^ The layout of both the city and the surrounding landscape looks great, the mix of custom and regular farms looks quite amazing and natural.
The wall-based eye-candy is a held bit simpler than in Dragonheart's fantastic requiem and magnum opus maps, but nethertheless it looks great! Keep up the fantastic work.

Ever expect the unexpected!
Life is a row of mistakes, but avoiding them will not make life shorter!
Every kind of biological life is egoistical, but the human race is the only known one that successfully manages to destroy the living room of its own descendants.

Some of my better creations: The Ancient Knight, Ain Ebel Warfare, United AIV, Dark Skies over Al'Shareed
surajsubba
Archer
posted 08-16-13 16:40 EST (US)     14 / 20       
Thanks Heroes, i like incorporating eye-candy in my maps, well most of it and i am trying it to blend it well with the castle.

I can't and wouldn't compare my maps with The Dragon Heart's. Stating the obvious here; he's one of the best map-maker and we are all ware of it.

I'm still ironing out some fine details on the map and like i said, nothing interesting...

surajsubba
Archer
posted 09-28-13 10:33 EST (US)     15 / 20       
Hey everybody,

Due to a recent virus infestation in my laptop and temporary madness because of it, i've lost the map whilst moving files around. So i'm afraid this is the end of my little project.
This is depressing and i'm really starting to detest flash drives.

Oh, well...

Heroesflorian
Archer
posted 09-28-13 18:34 EST (US)     16 / 20       
Oh... that's really sad...

I hope you at least didn't lose any other important files?

Nonetheless, losing a great map is always depressing...

One hint, maybe, for the future is to save a backup copy of such "gems" and other important files at some free cloud storage provider to be able to restore it when something gets lost on the hard drive... anyways, hope the virus is gone now.

Ever expect the unexpected!
Life is a row of mistakes, but avoiding them will not make life shorter!
Every kind of biological life is egoistical, but the human race is the only known one that successfully manages to destroy the living room of its own descendants.

Some of my better creations: The Ancient Knight, Ain Ebel Warfare, United AIV, Dark Skies over Al'Shareed
The Dragonheart
Archer
posted 09-29-13 07:18 EST (US)     17 / 20       
That's terrible.

Should have had a backup.
surajsubba
Archer
posted 09-29-13 08:52 EST (US)     18 / 20       
Well i do periodic backups of the maps i work on. This one somehow just got lost; one possibility is that i may have deleted it accidentally thinking it was some other unwanted map. However i still have my other Eyecandy map.

Also, i just noticed that my Dark water skirmish maps didn't have the latest backup saves. So again, there goes the updates. What a real bummer. I had been tearing my hair out trying to complete all these.

Better to just start working on the maps again..don't want to sound any more whinier than i already have

return of Yasko
Archer
posted 12-08-13 17:04 EST (US)     19 / 20       
Oh man. I'm sorry to hear this happened. I just currently finished up my magnum opus, an eyecandy I've been working on here and there for 6 years. Judging from the screen captures, it looks like great work though. And well, quite frankly, all your maps are eyecandy anyway
Cupboard
Archer
(id: TheCupboard)
posted 03-13-14 01:06 EST (US)     20 / 20       
Great-looking fields of grain.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames