You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.13 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » - 03 Krak des Chevaliers: Hell & the Hospitaller - By WarLord Designs -
Bottom
Topic Subject:- 03 Krak des Chevaliers: Hell & the Hospitaller - By WarLord Designs -
WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 07-08-14 06:47 EST (US)         

Greetings to all,
I hope all is well within the SHH community, I know that it may be a bit sparse compared to the heyday of yesteryear but I have seen a few of the old guard around on the rare occasion. I guess you could say that were coming up on the 2 year anniversary…of the map not being released when I said it would be…but I suppose the few still around wouldn’t begrudge me would you? You all know how it is with those old maps you want to complete, but never do. To be fair the map has been complete this whole time. I recall having it play tested for feedback by Lord of Hell; the problem was his feedback required changes. And I was way too lazy to make them. To be fair to LOH the changes were all very good ones and I’m sure the map would be better for them, but I honestly can’t be bothered so I’ve decided to release it as is. I have tweaked a few things, restricting troops and such but unfortunately I haven’t the will power to tweak it in such a way that it would be the right balance, amount of game years, game flow etc. In my opinion it is still a challenge, still fun (maybe a bit too long, too bad ) and I thought what a waste just sitting there, so I mustered up a story and here it is…finally. Well once I upload it...I'm doing it now I promise

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
AuthorReplies:
WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 07-08-14 06:55 EST (US)     1 / 13       

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 07-08-14 14:21 EST (US)     2 / 13       
Ready to download, Enjoy.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

[This message has been edited by WarLord_Designs (edited 07-08-2014 @ 02:26 PM).]

Timballisto
Archer
posted 07-08-14 18:30 EST (US)     3 / 13       
Well, I'll be, look who it is! Yep, gonna download this now.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
WL_D Alexus
Archer
posted 07-08-14 21:58 EST (US)     4 / 13       
Hi Timballisto,

sure has been a while, anything new in the works? I had a chance to look at your Robin Hood map, very nice work indeed.

I had been playing a few old maps and thought I'd finally get this one out. I've seen a few other threads too, but I guess things are pretty slow these days...life just gets in the way of a mapmaker i guess

Anyway good to hear from you,

Alexus.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it -Voltaire
ericgolf
Earl
posted 07-09-14 13:57 EST (US)     5 / 13       
New WLD map! Amazing screens And its here in the DLs
Heroesflorian
Archer
posted 07-09-14 19:12 EST (US)     6 / 13       
life just gets in the way of a mapmaker i guess
Indeed

And that looks like another fantastic map from you guys! Great to hear from you again!

Ever expect the unexpected!
Life is a row of mistakes, but avoiding them will not make life shorter!
Every kind of biological life is egoistical, but the human race is the only known one that successfully manages to destroy the living room of its own descendants.

Some of my better creations: The Ancient Knight, Ain Ebel Warfare, United AIV, Dark Skies over Al'Shareed
WL_D Alexus
Archer
posted 07-10-14 04:45 EST (US)     7 / 13       
Thanks ericgolf, please tell me you aren't still posting theses >< like this >:P.....

Hi Heroesflorian,

it's good to hear from you too!

The talk of crusader 2 and its release has made me kind of want to do some map making again, hope they give us something we can be creative with.

Alexus.

I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it -Voltaire
ericgolf
Earl
posted 07-10-14 12:10 EST (US)     8 / 13       
:P
Heroesflorian
Archer
posted 07-11-14 10:36 EST (US)     9 / 13       
A good map editor for SHC2 would be desirable indeed!

Ever expect the unexpected!
Life is a row of mistakes, but avoiding them will not make life shorter!
Every kind of biological life is egoistical, but the human race is the only known one that successfully manages to destroy the living room of its own descendants.

Some of my better creations: The Ancient Knight, Ain Ebel Warfare, United AIV, Dark Skies over Al'Shareed
The Dragonheart
Archer
posted 07-24-14 08:18 EST (US)     10 / 13       
Dinosaurs are meant to be extinct, not walking around the Heaven Forums.

Epic map. Good work.
WL_D Alexus
Archer
posted 07-29-14 03:05 EST (US)     11 / 13       
Dinosaurs are meant to be extinct, not walking around the Heaven Forums.
Yeah ericgolf! :P ....oops

Thanks Dragonheart,

I've kind of felt like messing around in the editor again, not sure if I have the power to make something new, but who knows.

Alexus.

[This message has been edited by WL_D Alexus (edited 07-29-2014 @ 03:06 AM).]

Timballisto
Archer
posted 08-02-14 17:16 EST (US)     12 / 13       
Hi, there is a map in development, but it won't be released anytime soon. Life is doing a very good job of keeping me busy these days. I'm glad you liked the map, I plan to release an updated version based on the feedback I've received.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
Dougleass
Archer
posted 11-19-14 11:26 EST (US)     13 / 13       
HAH! I remember when you guys said in 2007 that you were going to quit! xD

Hey guys, long time no see! I haven't played Stronghold in a looong time but heck, a (relatively) new Warlord_Designs map might be worth it.

Check out Rome, Duomo, Troy, and Ghost.
Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames