You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.25 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » The community is dying alongside mapmakers and reviewers! The Horror of it all!
Bottom
Topic Subject:The community is dying alongside mapmakers and reviewers! The Horror of it all!
Ircher
Archer
posted 01-31-15 09:04 EST (US)         
Though seriously, if you were to approximate, about how many people show some activity in the Stronghold/Crusader community?

Also, can you please give names (I'm actives sometimes, but not consistently all year -- I shift between an old game by SpiderWebSoftware, Stronghold, Scripting & Databases, and Programming my own game in C -- I get bored sometimes.)
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-01-15 05:43 EST (US)     1 / 25       
Right now there is one number of players at Stronghold Nation, but I am sad that this is the situation here.

However I do believe that we can do something for this community - we can post some messages here now and then, to show some random visitors that there is some activity here, which I believe is the case.

Also, I am trying to tell to those players from Steam about SHH and SHN, there are many of them that didn't know about Stronghold Heaven for example.
Timballisto
Archer
posted 02-02-15 22:02 EST (US)     2 / 25       
I am still here, among the tumbleweeds...Ooh look, there goes one now!

In the forums I'd say there are about 4-5 regulars, Maybe a total of about 10 people who make an appearance at some predictable interval, usually people who have been here for a very long time.

As for the downloads section, there still seem to be a number of active map authors that come and go, although of course nothing like there was several years ago.

I regret not having found this place sooner, it seems I signed up just in time to have caught the tail end of its golden age.

-DOOMBRINGER-
"DOOMBRINGER, make a parking space IMMEDIATELY!"
"DOOMBRINGER declares it to be SO!"
"DOOMBRINGER, I command you to lay siege to THE ISS!"
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-03-15 09:59 EST (US)     3 / 25       
Nice describing with the tumbleweeds.

I kinda feel the same, although I came few years later after you did. I have two account here though, when I first arrived to this land I chose the nick EagleKingNS, or EagleKing, something like that.

And indeed, it was way much more alive few years ago.

Right now I think that the main problem for Stronghold Heaven is Steam Community, as most of players who get Stronghold games are at Steam, and Steam Discussions is the simplest way to them to ask question.

I do say things about Stronghold Heaven and Stronghold Nation there, and I hope that will bring some more attention to this community. Also, we could be a little bit less shy right here, as that will encourage those new-comers to register here and to ask questions about Stronghold series.

Sadly, I also think the reason for that might also be Heaven Games itself... Not sure about that, but each bad thing that happened effected the number of forum visitors. I do realize that they are doing their best though, and that one cannot defeat the nature!
Ircher
Archer
posted 02-04-15 17:09 EST (US)     4 / 25       
Two things:

1. I came here when Stronghold was extinct as I didn't get the game until the end of 2012

and

2. Where in the world did the report button go?????
Timballisto
Archer
posted 02-04-15 20:58 EST (US)     5 / 25       
Report button? Heck, I dunno, I've never used it I don't think. Did you need to use it for some reason?

EDIT: Nevermind, found what you need it for : P

-DOOMBRINGER-

[This message has been edited by Timballisto (edited 02-04-2015 @ 08:59 PM).]

Lord Ako
Archer
posted 02-05-15 09:01 EST (US)     6 / 25       
I'm still around every now and then. I have a map lying around that's pretty far along (Seven Saints) that I might finish in the coming weeks or months.
ericgolf
Earl
posted 02-06-15 12:25 EST (US)     7 / 25       
I have a map lying around that's pretty far along (Seven Saints) that I might finish in the coming weeks or months.
This would be quite something A Lord Ako map

btw, If you look in the Downloads there is a constant flow of new files.

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Léugìm Campaign Contribute a Review

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 02-06-2015 @ 12:27 PM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-07-15 00:45 EST (US)     8 / 25       
Indeed, if we take a look at Downloads section, it's not that empty as it may seem to look.
Lord Ako
Archer
posted 02-08-15 12:42 EST (US)     9 / 25       
Yes I've noticed, and it's great that people are still uploading! Seven Saints is on my old desktop PC which doesn't have a monitor anymore so I'm trying to get some files out. I'll keep you guys posted if there's any progress.
Timballisto
Archer
posted 02-10-15 20:21 EST (US)     10 / 25       
I think I remember seeing a topic announcing it a long time ago...

-DOOMBRINGER-
ericgolf
Earl
posted 02-11-15 13:39 EST (US)     11 / 25       
Yes! Here it is.
It is a while ago so it is archived so it accepts no new posts. But we can hope that when Lord Ako gets back to it he can make a new thread and link to that one

~~~~~~~~~~~~
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-11-15 14:30 EST (US)     12 / 25       
Lord Ako
Archer
posted 02-12-15 06:40 EST (US)     13 / 25       
Yes ancient indeed. If I start making progress with it I'll open an new thread. Just need to find a screen on the cheap first.
Cheap Plastic Rosary
Archer
(id: D0ct0r Wh0)
posted 02-12-15 15:47 EST (US)     14 / 25       
It's nice that people are uploading. It would also be nice if they also reviewed.

But, then, I'm not around often. And frankly, I think we all enjoy making maps more than playing each others' maps. At least, that's what I do.

...[T]he least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold. -Aristotle, De Caelo

On the lips of the catechist the first proclamation must ring out over and over: “Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.” - Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel

Call me out if I fail or seem to fail to live up to either of these. Either I will learn something, you will learn something, or we both will.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-12-15 17:28 EST (US)     15 / 25       
I agree, but still it is the fact that most of players do enjoy playing, although - how much... I guess that could depend of the map type as well. But still, it is a fair thing to do - to write some feedback for the guy who made the map for you.
Ircher
Archer
posted 02-13-15 21:07 EST (US)     16 / 25       
Not to derail, but this forum REALLY NEEDS A REPORT BUTYON -- There's another spam thread, this time in Stronghold Crusader discussion thread.

I agree btw that most people prefer to make maps than play maps.
Cheap Plastic Rosary
Archer
posted 02-14-15 09:07 EST (US)     17 / 25       
Hey, OP, far as I'm concerned, you can turn this thread's direction wherever you want.

I think the reason people like making the maps is because - well, Firefly made the landscapes so BEAUTIFUL. I've never seen an isometric game capable of the immense detail Stronghold is capable of.

How do you join the Steam Community for Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader? I own both games, but they're from GOG.com.

...[T]he least initial deviation from the truth is multiplied later a thousandfold. -Aristotle, De Caelo

On the lips of the catechist the first proclamation must ring out over and over: “Jesus Christ loves you; he gave his life to save you; and now he is living at your side every day to enlighten, strengthen and free you.” - Pope Francis, The Joy of the Gospel

Call me out if I fail or seem to fail to live up to either of these. Either I will learn something, you will learn something, or we both will.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-14-15 10:53 EST (US)     18 / 25       
I still think that there are more players who like playing those maps created by community, only they don't come over here to give their feedback not knowing how would that be appreciated by the creators. Another reason why some players doesn't play don't play maps from here, would the fact that they don't think someone could created this good maps which happen to be better then the original Stronghold scenarios (within the campaigns).

Regarding Steam community for Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader, you may be able to access it by buying any game from Steam Store (which means from Steam), or by getting a Steam version of Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader. I dislike this fact though...
Cheap Plastic Rosary
Archer
posted 02-14-15 19:04 EST (US)     19 / 25       
Well, I have reviewed some maps. I think perhaps I ought to review some more. People like to see maps that other people play. Maybe more people will come if they see we have quality maps. And the only way they'll see it is if it has a 4.0+ rating next to it.

So I think I'll review some maps.

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-15-15 06:21 EST (US)     20 / 25       
Also, another thing which we can do is promoting Stronghold Heaven at Steam Community. Lots of people there are new Stronghold players, and they don't even know about this place.
PAlAT
Archer
posted 06-22-15 20:23 EST (US)     21 / 25       
Totally agree with the above point. I spend most of my gaming time on Steam... y'all part of the Steam HG group?

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 06-23-15 02:06 EST (US)     22 / 25       
I am in Stronghold Crusader HD discussions - I follow all Stronghold discussions except for Stronghold Legends.
Fayez2010
Archer
posted 07-13-15 17:05 EST (US)     23 / 25       
Hello everyone. Nice to see you all, the forums and the downloads section, still healthy.

Titanic is as strong, even God can't sink it.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-14-15 04:07 EST (US)     24 / 25       
ericgolf
Earl
posted 07-20-15 16:05 EST (US)     25 / 25       
Hey guys, How about we we start a new thread for this ?
Because I see now that the topics are no longer fitting with the thread title.

~~~~~~~~~~~~
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames