You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room
Moderated by ericgolf, Lady Arcola, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold and Crusader: The Map Room » how to download stonghold hd maps
Bottom
Topic Subject:how to download stonghold hd maps
deadfly
Archer
posted 09-07-15 22:09 EST (US)         
i can download and extract files, but they never show up when i go to play the game.
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-08-15 07:11 EST (US)     1 / 5       
Did you copy the maps into Documents\Stronghold\Maps folder? Also, what is the map type you downloaded, and where did you try to find it within the game? War scenarios and economic scenarios should be easily found there; for example: economic based games -> play economics mission.

I hope this helps. By the way, sometimes the game creates the folder for those custom maps somewhere else, but if you had the folder Stronghold in your Documents folder then it's there.
deadfly
Archer
posted 09-08-15 13:29 EST (US)     2 / 5       
i downloaded/extracted an invasion map called skyrim. i opened the game and it doesnt show up anywhere. and yeah its in stronghold maps folder.

[This message has been edited by deadfly (edited 09-08-2015 @ 01:30 PM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-09-15 02:54 EST (US)     3 / 5       
I have downloaded the map now, and I found it in the game in combat based games\play and invasion, and I assume you did try to find it there?

In case you still can't find it there I would suggest you to check if there is another folder you could put this map into. Have you tried to make your own map recently? In case you have, was it saved to the same folder you extracted the skyrim map? If you haven't, you can try to make some random map - no need to finish it, just save it, leave the game, and see if it is saved to My Documents\Stronghold\Maps.

You can also try to save it into:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Stronghold\maps
if you have the Steam version of the game, or you can try to save it to:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Firefly Studios\Stronghold\maps
if you have the non-Steam version.

I hope this helps.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 09-09-2015 @ 02:55 AM).]

SuperKevMLG
Archer
posted 10-05-15 09:38 EST (US)     4 / 5       
Hi all, so I've recently decided to sell a few of my old things for a bit of money. And I decided that I'd like to buy a new graphics card for my laptop.

So I'm asking for help. I don't want to spend any more then 320. So if you guys could help me find a card that I could upgrade my laptop with, I'd be grateful.

I want to upgrade with an AMD or Nvidia graphics card. The card will be used for gaming. It doesn't have to play games at ultra (maybe High ).

What I'd like:
-at least 2GB of memory graphics
-can run newer games at High
-cost no more than 320

Obviously it needs to be able to be upgraded into my laptop. So I'm not sure how to check so if you could check that too, I'd be very grateful.

Laptop:
-Dell
-Inspiron 7520
-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz
-8GB Memory
-64-bit Operating System
-AMD Radeon HD 7730M
-Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Here's 2 graphics cards I've found so if these will be good enough to meet my requirements (if you could check for me) I'll happily buy one. So here they are:

Nvidia GTX 770

Radeon HD 7870

All help is appreciated thanks for taking your time to read this and help me out,
Mathew x

EDIT= Sorry about the broken links PCD

Links fixed
- Angel PCDania
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 10-05-15 11:49 EST (US)     5 / 5       
I believe this should have been asked within technical issues forum, not in this tread.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames