You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy
Moderated by ericgolf, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.48 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy » Stronghold 2 v1.4 Patch Released
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold 2 v1.4 Patch Released
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
CaptSkubba
Bishop (VIP)
posted 09-11-07 10:41 EST (US)         
Hello,

The Stronghold 2 v1.4 patch is now available to download as of Tuesday September 11th, 15:00 GMT / 16:00 CET / 10:00 EST through the in game patching service.
The patch will update all versions of the game in all standard languages (EN-UK, EN-US, DE, ES, FR, IT)

You can also download the patch in a compressed zip file from 2K Games here.

I will edit this post to update with links of alternative places to download the patch from.

Stronghold 2 v1.4 Features

General

•Various multiplayer gameplay optimisations
•Real-Time Shadows, Bloom, Anisotropic Filtering and Anti-aliasing implemented.
•Map transfer in multiplayer lobby implemented.

Game Balancing

•Fire ballistae no longer auto fire, and targets must be selected manually (does not apply to tower mounted ballistae)

Bug Fixes

•Fixed multiple troops pushing ladders off walls repeatedly.
•Fixed bug which allowed tower mounted siege equipment to be built whilst an enemy was in close proximity.
•Auto-scrolling chat in multiplayer game lobby now fixed.
•Fixed exploit where food could be sold repeatedly during periods of latency in multiplayer games.
•Various other bug and crash fixes

Thanks
CaptSkubba and The FireFly Team

[This message has been edited by CaptSkubba (edited 09-13-2007 @ 04:24 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 09-11-07 10:45 EST (US)     1 / 48       
That's great news! And here's me thinking it would never materialise...

I'll news this announcement. Many thanks for informing us
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 09-11-07 11:29 EST (US)     2 / 48       
I'm eager to see what has been fixed and changed when I get a chance to play this weekend.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\¦| Seraph |¦//--/_____/
\\//\\//
°ºº°
SirWhiteWolf
Archer
posted 09-11-07 12:02 EST (US)     3 / 48       
Wahoo! It's finally here!

I'm sorry, but I'm already having a problem... I can't download the patch. Whenever I try to update it the game freezes, then I try to cancel the patch, and my computer locks up. Why is it doing this?

O, Thou hast damnable iteration: and art, indeed, able to corrupt a saint. ~William Shakespear, Henry IV, part:I, act i, scene ii

[This message has been edited by SirWhiteWolf (edited 09-11-2007 @ 12:20 PM).]

CaptSkubba
Bishop (VIP)
posted 09-11-07 13:00 EST (US)     4 / 48       
Hmmm, sounds strange. Are you using a firewall like Zone Alarm ? or are you in Windows Vista by any chance?

Try it again, and when you click to download the patch, press ALT+TAB and see if any messages are appearing on the desktop from Windows, for example, asking if you want to allow permission to download form a certain location etc.
SirWhiteWolf
Archer
posted 09-11-07 13:56 EST (US)     5 / 48       
I will turn off my Firewall, but I have AltTabbed already, and no message comes up.

I have turned off my firewall and it still does not want to download..

O, Thou hast damnable iteration: and art, indeed, able to corrupt a saint. ~William Shakespear, Henry IV, part:I, act i, scene ii

[This message has been edited by SirWhiteWolf (edited 09-11-2007 @ 02:08 PM).]

Jacquou Le
Archer
posted 09-11-07 14:59 EST (US)     6 / 48       
Oh, yes, I've been waiting for almost 2 years to replay this game.

See you guys again on MP battle field

Jacq Lê
Anne de Nice
Archer
posted 09-11-07 19:16 EST (US)     7 / 48       
Heads Up... for those of you who own a legal copy and have dispensed with the need for CD2 by opting for emulation, you will have to start using your CD2 disk again, or role back the patch (which involves uninstalling SH2)

- Lady Anne
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 09-11-07 23:22 EST (US)     8 / 48       
CaptSkubba,

All I can say is sweet! I just played the editor for about a half hour. I have never played it without it crashing on me at some point, this was a blast.

Thanks for posting about this I know alot of people were waiting for this.

«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»«..»º©º«..»º©º«..»
Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
King of Scots
Archer
posted 09-12-07 00:15 EST (US)     9 / 48       
Yay, it's finally out. So much for my skepticism, eh?
Will try it and see what I think.

Alba an Aigh

Canada, eh!?
Dercynus
Archer
posted 09-12-07 02:34 EST (US)     10 / 48       
Cool

Now next patch can you make it so that balista do not shoot through the walls of a tower, or from those expensive ones that your not supposed to be able to get hit by projectiles lol
CaptSkubba
Bishop (VIP)
posted 09-12-07 04:14 EST (US)     11 / 48       
SirWhiteWolf, I really don't know what might be happening there. How long are you waiting to see if it downloads (I know thats maybe a silly question) because it is over 100 meg so it may take a while before it shows its at 1%.
SirWhiteWolf
Archer
posted 09-12-07 12:48 EST (US)     12 / 48       
I am waiting about 10 mins before closing it. I'm going to try again later today though. This time I'll wait until something happens, however long it may be.

gloomy
Archer
posted 09-12-07 15:36 EST (US)     13 / 48       
Downloaded and installed.

It runs very well now. I will miss the autofire on the ballista. I don't play MP, and on large maps I would use them at choke points so I could concentrate on other areas. Ah well, it was a bit of an exploit anyway. The fix on the ladder pushing makes a huge difference. That was one of my largest complaints about the game.

Thanks Firefly for delivering the new patch as promised. Hopefully people will take note of this example of honesty in customer service and not so readily dismiss similar offerings in the future.
Lord Tanthos
Archer
posted 09-12-07 15:47 EST (US)     14 / 48       
Awesome!

Now can I hope and pray for a 1.3 Legends patch?

Probably not, but hope springs eternal they say.

"Night-time sharpens...heightens each sensation...darkness wakes...and stirs imagination..."
SirWhiteWolf
Archer
posted 09-12-07 16:02 EST (US)     15 / 48       
Aww man! The patch sounds awesome! I wish I could get it...

Dercynus
Archer
posted 09-12-07 22:25 EST (US)     16 / 48       
Does anyone els see like 50 blank games when they go to multi player? Then you scroll down to find like 10 actual games but some of them seem to be duplicates?
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 09-13-07 01:03 EST (US)     17 / 48       
SirWhiteWolf I had to do a fresh install on mine. I uninstalled my game and reinstalled it, then it automaticly downloaded. Try that.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
SirWhiteWolf
Archer
posted 09-13-07 02:17 EST (US)     18 / 48       
Now this is getting REALLY annoying! Even after uninstalling it and reinstalling it, it still wont download. (And no I'm not using vista.) Is there any possible way that someone could send me the patch in an e-mail? If so it would be greatly appreciated! (My e-mail is, qzar3456@comcast.net)

CaptSkubba
Bishop (VIP)
posted 09-13-07 04:18 EST (US)     19 / 48       
SirWhiteWolf, the patch is available to download on the 2K Games web-site by clicking here. Click on Stronghold 2 v1.4 Patch to download the patch in a .zip file. it is approx. 120 meg in size so will take a short while to download.

[This message has been edited by CaptSkubba (edited 09-13-2007 @ 04:21 AM).]

gloomy
Archer
posted 09-13-07 05:40 EST (US)     20 / 48       
CaptSkubba:

No chance of getting the increased building rotation that was implemented in Legends?
SirWhiteWolf
Archer
posted 09-13-07 12:47 EST (US)     21 / 48       
Yay! I finally got it! Thanks Capt!

Dorres
Archer
posted 09-13-07 17:47 EST (US)     22 / 48       
Great Patch, I finally played my first multiplayer game and it was great !

Thank you for the effort
Bassie
Archer
posted 09-14-07 05:25 EST (US)     23 / 48       
@ Dercynus

I have exactly the same problem. It is possible to join those games on the end of the list, but al the rest doesnt work. I installed the patch manual. How can i fix this?

Thanks in advance,

Bassie

[This message has been edited by Bassie (edited 09-14-2007 @ 05:27 AM).]

simdude
Archer
posted 09-14-07 07:21 EST (US)     24 / 48       
You can download the 1.4 patch on gamershell too.

http://www.gamershell.com/download_21006.shtml
pc_gamer123
Archer
posted 09-14-07 18:46 EST (US)     25 / 48       
woot! it is here!

hmm, doesn't seem to be much excitement about this...

[This message has been edited by pc_gamer123 (edited 09-16-2007 @ 08:35 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames