You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy
Moderated by ericgolf, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.17 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2: Game Help & Strategy » Help my strong keep suddenly collapse in kingmaker
Bottom
Topic Subject:Help my strong keep suddenly collapse in kingmaker
elbadrunos
Archer
posted 06-29-14 21:29 EST (US)         
Anyone can help me ?

I have problem with this game. I try to play in kingmaker mode. When the game played about 20 minutes my strong keep suddenly collapse and fall apart. So do the campfire and peasants disappear. Then I can't train any units or build a hovel.

Whats wrong with that ? is there any solution ? thanks before
AuthorReplies:
Doomsword
Earl
posted 06-29-14 21:50 EST (US)     1 / 17       
Sorry but that's a new one to me. The keep only disappears, and it allows the game to continue? Odd.

/\.........................../\
/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
/_/./././|||||||||||||\.\.\.\_\
/_/./_/{||||||||||}\_\.\_\
/_/......X..|||..X......\_\
elbadrunos
Archer
posted 06-29-14 21:55 EST (US)     2 / 17       
Yes it is. The game still continue. But I cant train any units, build hovel, and no peasants at campfire. weird is it ?
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 06-30-14 02:13 EST (US)     3 / 17       
Have you used the map unlocker by any chance to unlock the path of peace map & used that somehow with the ruins in?

If only the keep disappears then the markers must still be there. Send your map to me at lordchris [at] strongholdnation.co.uk and I'll take a look for you and see if I can see anything blatantly wrong.

My Stronghold fansite: http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk

[This message has been edited by Duke Chris (edited 02-24-2015 @ 02:26 PM).]

elbadrunos
Archer
posted 07-01-14 00:52 EST (US)     4 / 17       
No i haven't used the map unlocker.
I play in path of war kingmaker mode.
I confused which map that i should send to you lord chris.
I have sent my save game to you please check it out. Big thanks before
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 07-01-14 02:13 EST (US)     5 / 17       
I've had a look through your saved game, and unfortunately when loaded the entire screen went black and there was nothing on the minimap. Saved games will only show certain bits of information anyway and are not always 100% reliable when trying to find bugs as things could have been done by the player or AI that could potentially change the map.

Could you send the actual map file? It's only with this that I would be able to identify anything wrong with it really. What version of the game do you have?

elbadrunos
Archer
posted 07-01-14 03:25 EST (US)     6 / 17       
I've sent you the file that contains my maps. i used V 1.4 actually.
Doomsword
Earl
posted 07-01-14 06:02 EST (US)     7 / 17       
1.4?? sounds like that's the issue. 1.4.1 or 1.3.1 are the only versions you should be using.

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-01-14 07:08 EST (US)     8 / 17       
Also, I played 1.0 version which worked fine, when I was making maps. Back then I had no internet, so I knew nothing about patches.

In that version there were stuff that should be fixed (like they were fixed later), but it worked mostly fine... At least here were no problems with maps I created! Only you wouldn't be able to play most of maps from here.

Nevertheless, 1.4 does have bug that were fixed in 1.4.1.
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 07-01-14 09:04 EST (US)     9 / 17       
1.4 has a lot of bugs that were fixed in 1.4.1:

Blank games and duplicate games no longer appear in the multiplayer lobby.

Disbanded troops now appear from the player's hovels. If no hovels are placed peasants will appear outside the keep.

Troops placed in stockpiles can now be targeted by enemy players.

Stone quarries can now be placed on both Island Hopping and Rocky Island free build maps.

A player can no longer open and close their gatehouse once it has been captured by the enemy.

Sally ports now appear hidden to enemy players.

Fixed issue when dismounting units so that the animation only plays once, preventing them from crossing inaccessible terrain.

Fixed issue so that the Lord can no longer attack buildings from a distance using the Return to Civic Duties button in the keep interface panel.

Archers can no longer use braziers when standing on level ground next to a wall with a brazier.

Fixed issue with knights being unable to mount horse if they moved while the horse was en route.

Fixed issue in which wrong weapons were selected when going to the weapons panel in the market by clicking on the Armoury interface panel.

Fixed issue in which monks would not go to the monastery when it was placed in certain rotations.

Fixed a multiplayer issue in which turning off food consumption would cause the game to go out-of-sync.

Fixed a multiplayer issue in which Herons could cause an out of sync.

Great Britain map has been re-balanced

I wouldn't necessarily have thought that that would have caused the issue by itself though, unless there is a major issue with the game - an example being a pirated one.

[This message has been edited by Duke Chris (edited 07-01-2014 @ 09:04 AM).]

cript
Archer
posted 07-17-14 17:39 EST (US)     10 / 17       
That looks like the cap population limit

you can't train anymore civilians or soldiers normaly an army of 120-140 men with 6 opponents and ofcourse you have a civilian top too. when you defeat a enemy you increase the cap limit
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 07-18-14 02:36 EST (US)     11 / 17       
That looks like the cap population limit
No it doesn't. Population limits don't affect the game in that way.

cript
Archer
posted 07-18-14 03:32 EST (US)     12 / 17       
For update the game, you must do it one by one patch 1.0 to 1.1, then 1.1 to 1.2 you can't patch it from 1.2 to 1.4
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 07-18-14 07:19 EST (US)     13 / 17       
For update the game, you must do it one by one patch 1.0 to 1.1, then 1.1 to 1.2 you can't patch it from 1.2 to 1.4
Yes, that's correct. But it certainly isn't what you said before. That was completely wrong. Population never reacts like this on any version of the game.

Doomsword
Earl
posted 07-18-14 20:04 EST (US)     14 / 17       
No, it's not correct. 1.3.1 covers the previous patches then you need 1.4 and 1.4.1

/..\_______________/..\
/..Angel Doomsword.\
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 07-19-14 02:20 EST (US)     15 / 17       
It is only correct for the original version of SH2 though, not SH2 Deluxe. So Doomsword is correct.

cript
Archer
posted 07-24-14 10:24 EST (US)     16 / 17       
Try compatibility with Windows XP SP3. You can't lose anything
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 07-24-14 12:38 EST (US)     17 / 17       
No, that still won't work. An error like that is game related, not OS related.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames