You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, peter2008, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Question About A Future Mod
Bottom
Topic Subject:Question About A Future Mod
Serros_1
Archer
posted 11-07-15 09:03 EST (US)         
So as many of you know, I've been working on a Roman era mod for SH2. I am still working on it, and probably won't be done for some time.

However, in my spare time, I have also been creating a second mod for the medieval era. Originally, I was content to simply make this mod a graphical improvement. But unfortunately for me, when I make something, it has to be the best. lol

So here is my question. For a medieval mod, would you rather reprise the Stronghold 1 storyline? (Same/similar missions, but with sh2 mechanics)

Or, would you rather have an entirely new campaign with new characters and missions?

Your feedback is greatly appreciated.

-Ghost Phoenix
And because you guys are great, here's a sneak peek.

AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 11-07-15 12:10 EST (US)     1 / 4       
The picture is great, I see you're doing a great job there!

Well, it seems to me that you're on the good way to bring Stronghold 1 atmosphere to Stronghold 2, but it also reminds me of Stronghold 3... If you do any of those it would be great, but I do want to remind you could also remake Stronghold 3 campaign. What do you think about that? I'm just giving an idea, though regarding your question my vote is: remake Stronghold 1 campaign.
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 11-09-15 02:23 EST (US)     2 / 4       
That was what I was about to suggest Eagleprince

Yes - I think that's similar to SH3 too and would look very good with an SH3 styled campaign.

Could I/you upload some of theme textures to StrongholdNation or download?

My Stronghold fansite: http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk
Serros_1
Archer
posted 11-12-15 15:09 EST (US)     3 / 4       
Are there seriously only 3 of us left who visit this part of the forum? lol For the record, I never liked Stronghold 3. To this day, I've never finished the campaign.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 11-13-15 04:27 EST (US)     4 / 4       
Well, many of us who used to visit SHH have more obligations nowadays, and while I come here and to SHN to relax, others find other ways to do that, and they come here periodically. Also, regarding the new visitors, they are just to lazy to come here from the Steam Discussions not appreciating the good sides of communities like this...

Regarding Stronghold 3, we all have our opinions, but I guess that Stronghold 3 suits best to us who want to cheer up for a while and enjoy building a nice castle. It's not a game that can catch you, so you would wait to come home and continue your fight - it's more a game to relax. Like fishing. Regarding campaign, I think it's a good one, but again, we all have our opinions.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames