You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, peter2008, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Briefing&building settings
Bottom
Topic Subject:Briefing&building settings
Cortez2000
Archer
posted 02-11-17 12:10 EST (US)         
Hi! I'm recently decided to dabble with map editing, but there are a few problems I can't solve.

Is there a way to comment on the objective display? Like: "You need to get stone for the coming siege" next to the victory/defeat objectives?

2nd problem: Is there a way to give the AI buildings certain settings. For example the tax rate or the granary consumption. I can't seem to modify it anywhere and when I used map unlocker on campaigns, I can't see the orders, even though on the peace campaign, William's granary seems to be on comsuming double ration.
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-11-17 14:49 EST (US)     1 / 3       
Welcome to Stronghold Heaven!

As about the first question. As far as I know it is not possible. If it is possible, it should be with some tricks I think. Mostly map creators simply make a .txt file which they submit together with the map description which serves the purpose. It is not perfect, but it's easier. They also put the story into the map description in the downloads section.

You may want to have a look into this thread, but I don't know if it's going to be of help.

As about the second question, I don't know. I guess that after you give those buildings to AI, after the game is started, the AI would handle them the best way they can. In fact, we indeed wouldn't want the AI not to be flexible when it's coming to running their economy, they really should be able to manage taxes and everything else according to their needs and possibilities. But maybe somebody else could give a more precise answer.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 02-11-2017 @ 02:50 PM).]

Cortez2000
Archer
posted 02-11-17 15:11 EST (US)     2 / 3       
Thanks for the reply. Man, I can't believe that basics such as allowing messages (especially when we have a trigger called "no messages playing..."). Unfortunately, I'm not much of expert on map making in Stronghold, so I'll have to rely on doc then (I can play tricks on that at least how to show info.

By the way, do you know any possibilities on Lord switching to default and/or name change? For example, war chapter 8 had default enemy lords with their own names, such as Hugo Blanc, but I can't find the option to name the enemy anything.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-11-17 16:13 EST (US)     3 / 3       
Who knows, maybe it is possible, but I just think it is not. But when it comes to basic things, such as "collect 50 bread", I would add that adding this message may not be necessary at all. The one who plays the scenario would check the objectives, and they would know what they need to do. Not perfect, but just saying. Still, for more detailed answers we should wait for others, such as Doomsword to tell us what he knows.

Regarding changing of the default lord, it is possible to change the default lord in entire game - by switching the body files for different lords in the Stronghold 2 folder. There is also a way to change the default keep for kingmaker games, so if you like - you may be able to start all your games with wooden, small, or even huge keep. Though that doesn't have to do much with changing such details in one specific game.

Again, Doomsword knows a lot about these things - from map making and scenario creating to modding the game. Hopefully he will notice this thread soon, and tell us what he knows.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames