You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, peter2008, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Stronhold 2- Map Editor for selfmade war Scenario
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronhold 2- Map Editor for selfmade war Scenario
BavarianKnight
Archer
posted 12-13-17 09:22 EST (US)         
Hi, I'm creating a war-scenario map.
During a testrun of my campaign, i discovered a problem and I don't know how to solve it. Maybe you can help me.

The first Mission in this campaign is to rebuild a monastery. After the monastery is finished up to 100%, the monks are walking towards the keep and disappear suddenly. The monastery itself doesn't look, like it is completely finished and I can't use it, like the monasteries, you can build during the gameplay. Is there any way to solve the problem?

I've looked up many forums on the internet, but haven't found something about the problem.

Thanks and greetings

BavarianKnight
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 12-15-17 06:14 EST (US)     1 / 5       
Welcome to Stronghold Heaven, BavarianKnight!

That is a strange issue... Have you tried to do the same thing on a blank map? Just for a test, to see if it always works like that? I mean, just to make a blank scenario map with enough stone in the stockpile, and with this monastery that needs to be rebuilt? Maybe it just works this way - you rebuild it, and that's it, it's not there for you to train monks, but only as something that needs to be rebuilt, and that may not even belong to you?

If I am not mistaken, in some campaign missions we even need to rebuild a monastery that is outside of our estate, across a river. (Though maybe I'm wrong, maybe it is in the player's estate, I can't say for sure.)

Sorry for late reply.
BavarianKnight
Archer
posted 12-15-17 12:52 EST (US)     2 / 5       
Hello EaglePrince,

you don't need to apologize..I'm very glad to get an answer in this short time

I've made a test-run on a blank map, and it happened the way you were saying. I think you are right, this kind of monastery is just for rebuild. I think I have to change the "Story" of my campaign a bit. Or is there a way to make a rebuilt monastery disappear during the campaign (so I could replace it with a new one, which I can use)? With the tear-off-button it doesn't work. But I think it won't be possible in another way, or do you have an idea?

Thank you for your help!
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 12-15-17 15:21 EST (US)     3 / 5       
I don't know if it is possible to replace this monastery for rebuild with a monastery for use. Maybe it is, in one campaign mission I think that the player needed to achieve something, and after that, before moving on with the mission, some changes to the map were made. Such as part of the forest clearing up. Again, maybe I'm wrong... But I've been seeing these things, such as changing ownership of a castle, making some castle lord your ally, etc. I only can't tell if I saw some of those things in the campaign, or in custom scenarios as well. Simply, there are some stuff that the guys from Firefly made in the campaign, which we simply cannot do in the editor.

But there would be some workaround... You should be able to reward the player for repairing the monastery with the needed knowledge to make a monastery of his own! So at start the player wouldn't be able to build the monastery, and after that they would. I think you could do it by making missions. The first mission would include rebuilding monastery, and in the second mission the player would be able to build a monastery for themselves.

I think this would make sense in either way, whether the players can build a monastery in their original estate, or the player's estate changes in mission 2, and not the player can build a new monastery in their new estate... Just some ideas, but I'm not very experienced in this as you can guess. At least not as many other scenario makers.
BavarianKnight
Archer
posted 12-19-17 10:17 EST (US)     4 / 5       
That sounds like a good idea!
I will try something like that. I especially like the idea with the changing estate. I will have a look if I can realise something like that.
Thanks for your help!
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 12-19-17 13:50 EST (US)     5 / 5       
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames