You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum
Moderated by ericgolf, peter2008, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Stronghold 2 and Legends: Scenario Design and Modding Forum » Aggressive Outlaws and Bugged Troops
Bottom
Topic Subject:Aggressive Outlaws and Bugged Troops
Ascertes
Archer
posted 04-19-18 23:34 EST (US)         
Hey everyone, I have a bit of a problem here. So, I'm working on a war custom map and used the SH2-to-S2m file trick to place some ruins and give myself some additional outlaw units to place across the map.

Everything was going fine, until the outlaws I placed a started gradually migrating towards my castle and attacking my buildings.

To compound this, many times my troops won't take any command orders; I order them to attack a unit, and they just stand there. Other times, they will move of their own accord when I haven't told them to do anything. It's almost as if there's an AI overriding my commands.

I did do the file trick a little late...most of the estates and castles were already set up so I wonder if this was the cause of the issue. Is there something I can do to fix this without going back and undoing everything I've done thus far?

"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence."
-Dread Master Raptus
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-20-18 07:48 EST (US)     1 / 3       
Hi. For what I know about outlaws, I'm not surprised that they come to attack you. But that part with you not being able to give orders to your troops does seem odd to me.

However, I must admit that I am not familiar with the SH2-to-S2m trick, though I have an idea what this might be.

I would advice you to try to ask the same question at Stronghold Nation forum, as your question exceeds my knowledge. There are few guys over there who know more about Stronghold 2 map making and scenario making than I do. Also do keep an eye on this forum as well, and do let us know if you get an answer elsewhere, or find a solution by yourself.
Ascertes
Archer
posted 04-20-18 13:37 EST (US)     2 / 3       
I was using the technique described on this page, if it helps at all:

https://www.strongholdnation.co.uk/article/39-making-ruins-in-stronghold-2

And thanks, I'll make a post over there as well. Thanks for your help and quick reply

"Birth, pain, fear, death; the cycle of existence."
-Dread Master Raptus
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-20-18 14:32 EST (US)     3 / 3       
Yes, I see, it's an article from Stronghold Nation made by Lord Chris. He visits Stronghold Nation forum regularly, he will see your question soon.

One thing that I have learned by my own mistakes with Stronghold 2 is to keep different versions of the map because some steps can mess up a map. Not just tricks like the one you used. I hope there is a nice solution for your problem though.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames