You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Issues
Moderated by Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.12 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » NO Warez, CD-Cracks, trainers etc allowed on HeavenGames
Bottom
Topic Subject:NO Warez, CD-Cracks, trainers etc allowed on HeavenGames
Merepatra
HG Alumnus
posted 05-04-05 06:51 EST (US)         
ABSOLUTELY NO Linking to, providing, or discussions of Warez, CD-cracks or other piracy is allowed on these forums
Trangressions will result in permanent account suspension without warning or notice.
See our Code of Conduct for more details.

NO Trainers allowed
We take a firm stand against trainers as they will, especially in a multi-player, rated, or tournament environment, do more harm than good.

For single play, they lead to people to be bad players as they come to depend on the cheats. If you want to mess up your gaming skills, by all means go ahead, but don't expect help from us.

Heavengames does not host trainers and moderators will suspend the forum accounts of people that admit to use of trainers to cheat in multiplayer games.

AuthorReplies:
mr england
Archer
posted 05-16-05 15:49 EST (US)     1 / 12       
i h8 cheats ive beeen gaming for the past 20 years and ive never cheated

hackers wrecked diablo 1 and 2 online everyone was using the cheats,cracks

if u have to cheat to win u dont win

the multi-player player cheats are the worst of all

it will serve them right getting banned

[This message has been edited by mr england (edited 05-16-2005 @ 03:54 PM).]

eyeofthetiger
Archer
posted 06-04-05 23:02 EST (US)     2 / 12       
Hi, can you define trainers and Warez for me, i'm kind of a noob
Thanks eyeofthetiger

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ processor --- LanParty UT nf3 250GB mobo --- GeForce 6200 OC AGP 8X 256mb video card --- onboard Realtek 850 8ch Audio codec sound card --- 1X1gb DDR 3200 400mhz RAM
Merepatra
HG Alumnus
posted 06-05-05 00:59 EST (US)     3 / 12       
Warez is a general term for pirated software. A clearer definition of what is restricted on Heavengames can be found in our Code of Conduct.

Quote:

"Piracy" is the illegal copying and/or distribution of copyrighted content including, but not limited to, games, software, music, movies, pictures, ROMs, abandon-ware, and leaked software. "Cracks" are programs that disable copy-protection technology; "Trainers" are programs that enable a player to gain an unfair advantage in a game; a "Key" is a combination of numbers and letters that is required for software installation and sometimes used to validate users for online play; and "Key-Generators" are programs that generate valid Keys.
You may not encourage, discuss, link to, or post in support of activities, methods, and/or techniques involving piracy, cracks, multiplayer trainers, keys, and key-generators.

Theones
Archer
posted 06-22-05 04:08 EST (US)     4 / 12       
Well in my opinion cheat or trainer may use for personal purpose only NOT on multiplayer or public domain, and GAME suppose to make we out of stress or make happy not make we crazy because that game difficult to play, is it the purpose of game right? (make out if stress or bad mood, well that's my opinion. (sorry for bad english).cheer
WipperSnipper
Archer
posted 07-20-05 07:27 EST (US)     5 / 12       
I think that's a farely immature additude to be honest.
I agree with you on the multiplayer part. But singleplayer honestly has nothing to do with you. How can you ban someone for something that is none of your buisness.

The illegal software part is understandable. Although the illegal software is obviously not been created by that person , so i think they should atleast get a warning. Especially considering not everyone is going to look straight at this post.

GillB
EXCO Alumna in Kul Tiras
posted 07-20-05 07:45 EST (US)     6 / 12       
It's in the rules that you sign up to when you register. This thread is just a reminder.

You can use trainers if you like when you play single-player, just don't post about it. As for the illegal software, the person has made a decision to do something illegal, therefore it doesn't matter whether they created it or not.

A lot of people from developers visit & post in all our forums. They're hardly likely to do that if we condone people posting how they've stolen from them by downloading illegal copies of their game.

'Inside every old person is a young person wondering what happened' Moving Pictures
SunnyDrake
Archer
posted 08-26-05 18:02 EST (US)     7 / 12       
I must say it's better toget warning for cheats(hmm some bug's
in this game is spoilers(cheats), so it's posted here to get fixed notice this).
Let's keep away this rules from ethical/political opinions, this rules just keep this forum from flooding.
DioGirl
Archer
posted 10-17-07 00:02 EST (US)     8 / 12       
Mr. England - What??? you got to be serious! Cheating a multiplayer online? I have never heard that before.. I could see someone using it offline, but what the heck??
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 10-17-07 21:56 EST (US)     9 / 12       
Yes, some players are so obsessed with winning the game that they will cheat through any means possible. Many newer games have anti-cheat programs that make sure all players are playing with the same version of the game and have no extra programs running that can give a player an unfair advantage.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
Mathew Steel
Archer
posted 07-20-10 15:08 EST (US)     10 / 12       
why cheat the games fun without it need help il answer infact if they dont want the game too have cheats make it proppelly
NinjarakuPwnz
Archer
posted 04-26-13 22:00 EST (US)     11 / 12       
I stopped playing Age of Empires 2 age of kings because 8 out of 10 times i was pinned against a person with hacks and/or bots, the one that made me stop playing it online was when a person built an entire arsenal within 1 minute had buildings taking half the map, then the next minute was watching my fortress get demolished faster then i could imagine.. I'm talkin' instant army creation, tried my own scenario's but hackers still made their own advantages.

So I agree, hacking and cheating is not worthy of my time, I prefer to play strategy, not a script(unless its a single player AI haha)
but I promise as thy character king is bravely standing above thy castle, I don't cheat =) AND NOR SHALL YOU! lol. first time I have came across a gaming forum with this rule enforced, glad to see it.

Glad to have joined everyone =)
peter2008
Knight
posted 04-27-13 01:30 EST (US)     12 / 12       
What may operate in the minds of people who fell the need to use some kind of cheat?
Here's an anecdote about an experience that opened my eyes.

In the community of Crusader multiplayer, there was a certain guy who was said to know the game well and to be among the strongest and - to use a trainer for placing more weapons workshops early.
I met this person in Alpha 4 of SH Kingdoms. He quickly provoked a quarrel with his neighbours and had a private war with one of them. Bad castle, bad setup in attacks, called for support in a crying tone that made me see him as in undershirt.

With cheats, people seem to avoid really facing themselves, including their mediocrity.

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames