You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Issues
Moderated by Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.43 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » Stronghold 3 Bugs, Exploits, Crashes,....Tardis-es and Paradoxes
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold 3 Bugs, Exploits, Crashes,....Tardis-es and Paradoxes
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 10-30-11 17:10 EST (US)         
Please report the bugs and exploits you encounter here, whether in Single Player or Multiplayer, along with a brief description of what it is like, and what you did leading up to it.

Firefly Studios will see these and hopefully correct them.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
AuthorReplies:
Wolfman4God
Archer
posted 12-21-11 11:32 EST (US)     26 / 43       
How do I do that?

Run like heck, and earn your puke!
Wolfman
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 12-21-11 15:49 EST (US)     27 / 43       
How to:

Start Steam. Select the Library. Find Stronghold 3, right click it and select Properties. Select the Local Files tab. Here click the "Verify integrity of game cache" button. If Steam updates the game, one or more files were missing or damaged. You might like to "Defragment cache files" afterwards.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Wolfman4God
Archer
posted 12-22-11 17:25 EST (US)     28 / 43       
I did both of the suggested, and steam did do the update, but the same thing still happens!

Wolfman

[This message has been edited by wolfman4god (edited 12-22-2011 @ 05:25 PM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 12-23-11 07:26 EST (US)     29 / 43       
Have you tried disabling your antivirus before letting doing the integrity check?

If that does not work:

Please tell the specifications for your computer, and if possible what patch version of the game you have. Please include the problem you have, Firefly checks this thread for bug reports so that will make it easier for them.

Edit: SH3 has just been updated to version 1.7.25308

Although the patchnotes says nothing about your problem, try let the game update and then try if you can start it.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 12-23-2011 @ 01:42 PM).]

Mathew Steel
Archer
posted 01-01-12 17:27 EST (US)     30 / 43       
I don't know if it's a bug but when i play any game mode on SH3 it takes ages to load then lags most of the way. And also my graphics on SH2 have changed. All this happened afetr installing steam and no i'm not uninstalling it.
Wolfman4God
Archer
posted 01-11-12 10:38 EST (US)     31 / 43       
Sorry it took so long to reply, my system is as follows:

Windows 7 Home Premium

Processor Intel(R)Core(TM)2 Quad CPU Q6700 @ 2.66GHz 2.67GHz

RAM: 3.00 GB

32-bit Operating System

That's all I could find.

The Windows Experience Index gives my graphics card a (out of 7.9) 3.0 for game graphics and 2.0 for normal desktop. My computer guy recently changed it out and I thinks it may be a slow card.

Also Steam isn't updating itself, it hasn't got past patch 1.6.24988. I would like to be able to at least play this game, its a good game, so I hope firefly and steam can iron it out.

Wolfman
PCDania
Archer
posted 01-11-12 14:55 EST (US)     32 / 43       
In Windows Experience Index, click the blue text right under where the final total score is shown. Scroll down a bit and you should find your graphics card.
My computer guy recently changed it out and I thinks it may be a slow card.
Was the card changed under warranty and is your computer guy the one who sold you the card? If so he should give you a comparative card or the closes one that is better.

What Steam goes try this:

First disable your antivirus software, then start Steam, select the Library and then right click SH3 and select Properties. On the Updates pane, change the dropdown menu to "Do not automatically update this game", click Close, then go back and change the setting to "Allways keep this game up to date". This should make Steam update the game.

If above does not work try the following:

Go to the Steam folder and delete everything except for the steamapps folder and steam.exe. Then run steam.exe and it will install itself and make sure to update itself. Your games will still be there. When starting a game, Steam will re-activate it and should update it if necessary.

Wolfman4God
Archer
posted 01-17-12 23:44 EST (US)     33 / 43       
OK, got it.

NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5300

DirectX 9.0 or better.

I'll try the update and see how that works.

(Edit)

Update didn't work, so I tried the delete and re-install, and I'm so glad that worked. So steam is updated!

That was the good news, now the bad news is SH3 still doesn't work. SH1 and SHC do but not SH3.

I'll ask the computer guy and we'll work this out.

Wolfman

[This message has been edited by wolfman4god (edited 01-18-2012 @ 00:03 AM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 01-18-12 03:22 EST (US)     34 / 43       
Unfortunately the NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5300 is not a gaming graphics card. -and eh... it is also pretty old...

NVIDIA GeForce PCX 5300

Wolfman4God
Archer
posted 05-30-12 20:04 EST (US)     35 / 43       
Well, I got a new card, a EVGA GTX 550, and now it runs perfectly on ultra.
The only thing is that now that the 'Gold' edition has been released. It says that it includes a new campaign, a new multiplayer, and a new sandbox mode. I bought it before, so I have everything, BUT I can't find the sandbox mode.

Where is that?

P.S. This seemed like the right spot to post, since there might be an issue that prevented me from getting the sandbox mode.

Wolfman
PCDania
Archer
posted 05-31-12 03:12 EST (US)     36 / 43       
I believe the Sandbox mode is called Free Build. If it doesn't show under Single Player, try verifying the game cache in Steam.

How to:
Start Steam and make sure you are Online.
Select Library at the top.
Right click Stronghold 3
Select Properties and then the Local Files pane.
Click the "Verify integrity of game cache" button.
You might see a message in the taskbar saying that Steam has finished downloading Stronghold 3.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 05-31-2012 @ 03:15 AM).]

Wolfman4God
Archer
posted 05-31-12 23:54 EST (US)     37 / 43       
Free build mode was already there. I did what you said and nothing changed. The idea of a sandbox is usually way different than a free build. Free build is where you must play normally without a mission. Sandbox is usually where you can place anything you want without limitations. Agree?

Wolfman
PCDania
Archer
posted 06-01-12 02:56 EST (US)     38 / 43       
Yes, real Sandbox is where one can build to ones hearts content.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 06-01-2012 @ 02:58 AM).]

Wolfman4God
Archer
posted 06-03-12 23:48 EST (US)     39 / 43       
So there's no real sandbox mode then?

Wolfman
PCDania
Archer
posted 06-04-12 02:50 EST (US)     40 / 43       
Not the way you like it to be.

Wolfman4God
Archer
posted 06-05-12 09:40 EST (US)     41 / 43       
So it seems as if firefly has lied to us. There is no "new" sandbox mode! That is outragous. At least tell us what is actually put in the upgrade! Nothing at all has changed in free build since I got the upgrade! I believe that firefly should change this right away!

Wolfman

[This message has been edited by wolfman4god (edited 06-05-2012 @ 09:43 AM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 06-05-12 15:20 EST (US)     42 / 43       
Lied is such a strong word. To Firefly, Free Build is their version of Sandbox. Another thing is that it's the marketing department at the publisher who makes those descriptions so you should place your anger at them and not Firefly.

Wolfman4God
Archer
posted 06-09-12 22:44 EST (US)     43 / 43       
Sorry for that outburst, I am just saying that whoever did the description said that there would be a new mode. Nothing has changed in free build, not one thing.(other than the sweet bug fixes!) Also if firefly says that sandbox=free build, thats fine. I was just making sure what was said about the game was true.

Wolfman
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames