Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » Game Ranger Issue
Bottom
Topic Subject:Game Ranger Issue
Yitshak
Archer
posted 12-03-15 10:29 EST (US)         
Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue with Game Ranger at the moment. I haven't played Stronghold 2 in quite a while but it did work some time ago. However since I reinstalled it and the game when I join a host there is no issue until the game is started.

It turns on my game but doesn't go past the main menu and doesn't take me into the host itself.

I'd like to note I'm using Windows 10, last time I played Stronghold 2 I was using Windows 7 so that maybe a part of the issue but the game itself runs fine. I can turn it on, play Kingmaker or any of the other modes other than multiplayer.

I found the same issue on the GameRanger board but no one had responded and it had been a while.

Help me Heavengames-community... You're my only hope.
AuthorReplies:
PAlAT
Archer
posted 12-03-15 11:02 EST (US)     1 / 3       
Are you running a Steam version of SH2? IIRC I had the same multiplayer problem with the Steam version, so I ended up reinstalling the game from my old SH Collection disc. For some reason that worked.

Yitshak
Archer
posted 12-03-15 16:08 EST (US)     2 / 3       
Yeah I am using the Steam Version, however it did work on Windows 7 so I wouldn't think that is the issue but it could be.

Edit:

I managed to get it to work, apparently it required to run Sh2 and GameRanger in compatibility mode w/ Windows XP SP3

I tried so many things and it ended up being that simple

[This message has been edited by Yitshak (edited 12-03-2015 @ 08:54 PM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 12-04-15 02:37 EST (US)     3 / 3       
Well, I guess I wouldn't remember to try running GameRanger in compatibility mode as well - at least not at first.

Nice to hear that there is a solution.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames