Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.9 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » Can't change email
Bottom
Topic Subject:Can't change email
MilesBHuff
Archer
posted 03-28-18 14:07 EST (US)         
Hello! I have had an account on this site for over a decade. Earlier today, I logged into that account (username: Sweyn78), and requested to change my email. I never received the confirmation email, and none of the "change password" emails I've requested have come through. As a result, I am now unable to log into my account. I would be most remiss if I were to lose access to it forever due to a simple a website bug, since I have uploaded many things and left many comments and reviews using that account.
It should be possible to corroborate my story with the site logs.
I created this account, "MilesBHuff", solely for the purpose of recovering my "Sweyn78" account. Relatively simple Google searches can reveal that I use "MilesBHuff" and "Sweyn78" pretty much everywhere, so I am very much one-in-the-same person (and no, I do not use the same password anywhere, in case anyone nefarious is reading this).
I still have access to the original email for this account, in the event that you need it in order to verify anything.
Thanks.
AuthorReplies:
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 03-29-18 03:53 EST (US)     1 / 9       
Hi Sweyn78.

Try send a mail to arcola@heavengames.com and explain your problem, she should be able to help you out.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
MilesBHuff
Archer
posted 03-29-18 08:30 EST (US)     2 / 9       
Thanks, PCDania -- will do!
MilesBHuff
Archer
posted 04-03-18 09:09 EST (US)     3 / 9       
No luck; she didn't reply. :\
PCDania
Archer
posted 04-03-18 13:11 EST (US)     4 / 9       
Hmmm....

Try email Terikel Grayhair: terikel.grayhair@heavengames.com

Tell him you have tried contacting Lady Arcola but haven't got a reply and also explain your problem.

If you like you can tell him I send you his way.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 04-03-2018 @ 01:12 PM).]

MilesBHuff
Archer
posted 04-10-18 13:17 EST (US)     5 / 9       
No reply, but I just got this "Undelivered Mail Returned to Sender" message:
<arcola@heavengames.com>: host alt1.aspmx.l.google.com[209.85.147.27] said: 421-4.7.0 [198.252.153.129 15] The SPF record of the sending domain has one 421-4.7.0 or more suspicious entries. To protect our users from spam, mail sent 421-4.7.0 from your IP address has been temporarily rate limited. Please visit 421-4.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more 421 4.7.0 information. c189-v6si1672658ith.120 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)
<terikel.grayhair@heavengames.com>: host alt1.aspmx.l.google.com[209.85.147.27] said: 421-4.7.0 [198.252.153.129 15] The SPF record of the sending domain has one 421-4.7.0 or more suspicious entries. To protect our users from spam, mail sent 421-4.7.0 from your IP address has been temporarily rate limited. Please visit 421-4.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126#authentication for more 421 4.7.0 information. c189-v6si1672658ith.120 - gsmtp (in reply to end of DATA command)
It looks like Google has blocked or ratelimited everyone using my email provider. That explains why neither HeavenGames person has replied to my emails.
I want to point out that the reason I didn't receive any reset password emails has nothing to do with RiseUp being my email provider, since this temporary account is registered to a RiseUp.net email, and my original account was changed to a Linux.com email.

[This message has been edited by MilesBHuff (edited 04-10-2018 @ 01:31 PM).]

PCDania
Archer
posted 04-10-18 16:13 EST (US)     6 / 9       
Ok, I've tried contacting someone I know. Here is hoping my email get through.

Civis Romanus
Earl
posted 04-10-18 18:17 EST (US)     7 / 9       
Hello PCDania:
I received your message and will see what I can do to help MilesBHuff (aka Sweyn78)

Hello MilesBHuff:

We'll begin with an introduction. I am a member of EXCO and serve in that capacity with Terikel Grayhair. I would like to begin the process of working to resolve your issue by having you send an e-mail to my working address for HeavenGames:

civisromanus.us@gmail.com

In your e-mail please tell me the following:

1. The account name you want to be active on HeavenGames.
2. The screen name you want associated with that account. (Note: It can be different than the account name, but the account name will always be visible along with your screen name.)
3. The e-mail address you want attached to that account.
4. The password you want assigned to that account.

The e-mail you send to me hopefully will not suffer a rejection. It's to test for that is why I want you to send it to me at the above e-mail address.

Once I get that e-mail, I will attempt to re-establish your chosen account which I expect will be Sweyn78. Then I will ask that you give me some time as in days to work our system and attempt to reactivate your account. Once I've determined what can be done or can't be done, I'll send a message to your specified e-mail address which I will ask that you confirm you received. Hopefully, I will be able to include instructions on how to access your chosen account once again.

Please send your e-mail as soon as you can.

Cheers!
MilesBHuff
Archer
posted 04-11-18 22:00 EST (US)     8 / 9       
Thank you very much for your help, PCDania!
Civis Romanus, I've just sent you an email from MilesBHuff{at}Linux.com (The email is sent through RiseUp.net's servers.).
Fingers crossed that it comes through!

[This message has been edited by MilesBHuff (edited 04-11-2018 @ 10:02 PM).]

Sweyn78
Archer
posted 04-13-18 14:25 EST (US)     9 / 9       
Thanks, everyone! I have access to my account again!
However, the site still won't send me emails.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames