You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Issues
Moderated by Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » i am trying to record shc with bandicam
Bottom
Topic Subject:i am trying to record shc with bandicam
iaminneedofhelp
Banned
posted 05-20-18 14:28 EST (US)         
hello again "super smart technician". today i am trying to record stronghold: crusader's tutorial with Bandicam. but there is a problem. bandicam can't record stronghold crusader properly. what am i supposed to do now? (bdfix.exe is not the solution for this problem)
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 05-21-18 09:24 EST (US)     1 / 6       
Yes, Bandicam can record a Stronghold Crusader game, I've done it before. You need to start Bandicam, then start the game, and then press some hotkey to start or stop recording. What hotkey, I don't know, look in the settings. You can even change the hotkey if you want.

Besides, you can turn on or off the ping numbers. When it is turned on, it changes the color between red and green. I think it should be red when recording, and green when not. Pretty useful, though this ping number might bother you. It did bother me. But you can try to do it first with the ping number, just for practice, to know when you're recording, and when not.
iaminneedofhelp
Banned
posted 05-22-18 11:26 EST (US)     2 / 6       
the version i am trying to record is 1.1
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 05-22-18 13:05 EST (US)     3 / 6       
iaminneedofhelp
Banned
posted 05-22-18 15:07 EST (US)     4 / 6       
when i try to record after i start the game i get an error saying "Failed to start video capture", when i record the game in the main menu, start the game and then stop recording. well... i don't know what to say. https://www.dropbox.com/s/pb0c2grsu0u4j0q/for stronghold heaven.zip?dl=0

EDIT: for some reason i can record the HD version but not 1.1

[This message has been edited by iaminneedofhelp (edited 05-22-2018 @ 03:56 PM).]

Destructor45acp
Archer
posted 07-09-18 00:49 EST (US)     5 / 6       
I use OBS Studio and its free. Works great for my VR captures as well.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-11-18 04:54 EST (US)     6 / 6       
Thanks for that suggestion! I might try.

I have also learned about Apowersoft Screen Recorder. That might be a useful tool as well. If it does what we need, of course, I've seen recently this tool, but they used it for streaming.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames