Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » Stronghold: won't work
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold: won't work
Lord_Epsi
Archer
posted 11-09-18 10:04 EST (US)         
Hi

So I recently decided to install both the original Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader from my old discs onto my shiny new Windows 10 laptop.

Crusader? Works fine. No problems, other than that I have to run it in compatibility mode.

Stronghold, on the other hand? It won't work. It supposedly installed but every time I click to run it the message comes up 'do you want to allow this app from an unknown publisher to make changes to your computer', I click yes and... nothing happens. I run it as administrator and in compatibility mode and the same thing happens. And yes, DirectPlay is checked.

Can anyone please help me?

[This message has been edited by Lord_Epsi (edited 11-09-2018 @ 10:06 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 11-09-18 12:39 EST (US)     1 / 2       
It could easily be the copy protection.

My suggestion is buying Stronghold HD on gog.com, it's 75% off this week and it's without DRM (legally even)

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Civis Romanus
Earl
posted 11-10-18 15:32 EST (US)     2 / 2       
I've had a similar problem with Stronghold on my Win 10 machine. If the Stronghold edition you are trying to load is an 8-bit or 16-bit program, you can potentially not be able to load it on Win 10. My only viable solution was to run it on my XP legacy computer; and on that computer, it loads and runs fine.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames