Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Legends: Game Help & Strategy » Game does not start :-(
Bottom
Topic Subject:Game does not start :-(
Late Starter
Archer
posted 04-08-19 14:33 EST (US)         
Fellow peasants, I am calling for help!

I downloaded SH Legends from Steam. When Is try to start the game, all I get is a white screen and the SH mouse pointer. Nothing else happens. I have Windows 10. I used to play Legends on the same computer from CD Rom without trouble.

So far I tried:
- run as administrator;
- run in compatability mode (Windows XP Service Pack 2 or Windows 8);
- Direct Play is activated, I already checked that;
- the drivers should be up to date.

And this is where my computer knowledge ends. Any suggestions? Nothing too complicated, please, I do not want to mess up my computer for an old game.

Thanks,
Olaf
AuthorReplies:
Lord Tanthos
Archer
posted 07-24-19 17:40 EST (US)     1 / 1       
Hey there, Late Starter. I myself am starting this reply late, but I will do so in case it helps you or someone else.

When I first started the game from Steam (Windows 10) I also got a white screen and pointer. It lasted for a long time, upwards of several minutes.

But after waiting that time, the loading screen started up and the game ran fine. Future startups only left me with a white screen for several seconds thereafter. Try being patient -- I think the game might be configuring something in the background.

If that doesn't help, a simple fix is to use the launcher to set your graphics settings to Windowed mode. That helps you bypass it.

A slightly more technical way to solve the problem is to go to the Compatibility tab on StrongholdLegends.exe.
Go to "Change settings for all users" and check the box for "Disable Fullscreen optimizations".

Hope that helps.

Known elsewhere as Planewalker.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames