You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1309 replies, Closed
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Summer Solstice Recovery Room
Bottom
Topic Subject:Summer Solstice Recovery Room
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 03:12 EST (US)         

May God
grant you always...
A sunbeam to warm you,
A moonbeam to charm you,
A sheltering angel
So nothing
can harm you...

Laughter to cheer you,
Faithful friends near you,
And whenever you pray,
Heaven to hear you.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~

[This message has been edited by Lady Arcola (edited 10-04-2013 @ 04:30 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
DesertMonarch
Archer
posted 01-01-10 05:43 EST (US)     1 / 1309       
Don't think that a picture of me and my mates trying to figure out who is the most drunk falls under the category "best new years pic you could take"

Anyway. FIRST POST !!!
ericgolf
Earl
posted 01-01-10 06:59 EST (US)     2 / 1309       
Hey! A new recovery room for the new decade. And only one post in front of me And many more to come

This is a new decade isn't it? I mean I seem to recall that when it was Jan 1st 2000 some folks claimed it was not the new millenium due to some counting phenomenon that I have forgotten the ins and outs of...

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 10:10 EST (US)     3 / 1309       
Yes, 2000 was the beginning of a new decade, so 2010 is.

The decade of the electric car, stem cell treatments, 48-core desktop processors, a moon base...who knows what might happen these next 10 years.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 01-01-10 11:05 EST (US)     4 / 1309       
Yes, 2000 was the beginning of a new decade, so 2010 is.
Only if one see it from a binary point of view where '0' is a number. If seen from an analog point of view, year 2010 is the last year in the decade that started year 2001. Remember, in the analog world, '0' is not a number.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
Civis Romanus
Earl
posted 01-01-10 13:45 EST (US)     5 / 1309       
PCDania is absolutely correct. In historical terms, this is the year 2010 CE (Christian Era). Christ was not born in Year Zero. He was born in Year One of this era. Thus, the centuries and decades are counted from Year One. The 20th Century ended on December 31, 2000 and the 21st Century began on January 1, 2001. The year 2010 therefore is mathematically, historically and logically, the end year for the first decade of the 21st Century. However, because a digit changed from one to two, mass media and popular viewpoint (all in search of something to yak about) calls this the beginning year of a new decade when it actually is not. The same happened when 1999 became 2000. So much for accuracy in educating the public through the mass media.
ericgolf
Earl
posted 01-01-10 15:02 EST (US)     6 / 1309       
So 2010 is part of the "naughties" (or "noughties") then?
And 1930 was part of the "Twenties" then?
:P

~~~~~~~~~~~~
PCDania
Archer
posted 01-01-10 15:20 EST (US)     7 / 1309       
And 1930 was part of the "Twenties" then?
Nope, that is something different, that is about number naming (or what ever it's called).
The year 2010 belonging to the decade that started in 2001 is about counting not what the numbers are named.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 01-01-2010 @ 03:21 PM).]

Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 01-01-10 22:22 EST (US)     8 / 1309       
I completely forgot to take pics

Let's hope YH took some

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 01-01-10 22:43 EST (US)     9 / 1309       
Extraterrestials are going to have a very hard time figure the human species out.

\\//\\//
subindxsubin
Archer
posted 01-01-10 23:15 EST (US)     10 / 1309       
Hello Everyone. Nice to see this place again.

We think our ancestors are mysterious and hard to figure out.

Imagine what happened to them happening to us. The new people would go haywire studying our civilizations. No sense at all.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master

[This message has been edited by subindxsubin (edited 01-01-2010 @ 11:17 PM).]

Civis Romanus
Earl
posted 01-02-10 00:27 EST (US)     11 / 1309       
To understand the error of our countings think of the last year of what we call BC or BCE. Once the last year of the era began, it became Year Zero BCE. Why? Because at midnight of the Year Zero BCE, there was less than a full year of time left before it became Year One CE (or AD, if you prefer). On the other hand, the Romans in power at the time and other such civilizations would never have had a problem with this. They weren't counting years in terms of BCE or CE in their time. It became a problem when the years in eras were set by Christian civilizations retroactively.
Extraterrestials are going to have a very hard time figure the human species out.
ET's are the least of our concerns. More than likely they'll have a better grasp of it than we do and will at long last teach us the concept accurately. Maybe once they take control, they'll cause all televisions to cease operating. Once this happens, the intellectual quotient of humans is likely to expand geometrically.
subindxsubin
Archer
posted 01-02-10 01:27 EST (US)     12 / 1309       
I have also heard rumours that there is an error of 7 years from BC to AD. Doesnt really matter though, (I mean my case, )

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
PCDania
Archer
posted 01-02-10 07:39 EST (US)     13 / 1309       
It's more like a magin of error as we lack info making it possible to pinpoint the correct year and date more precise.
Once this happens, the intellectual quotient of humans is likely to expand geometrically.
I would guess the women giving birth without c-sec are happy then, that the TV was invented and spread so rapidly over most of the world.

Coll
Archer
posted 01-02-10 16:06 EST (US)     14 / 1309       
yep its true. Christ was originaly born in 7 before Christ (sounds weird lol) so its hard to figure out what year REALLY is, cause we dont know if something else isnt worng aswell. Also, muslims, greeks and jewrys has other year.

btw. I didnt get it... what is this romm about???!
Younghappy
Archer
posted 01-02-10 20:42 EST (US)     15 / 1309       
Hey Coll, I do believe I asked a fairly similar question the first time I visited the then Pooh Corner recovery room back in 2006
P.S What is the Pooh Corner Recover Room? Is there anything you are meant to do or any themes to stick to. Or is it a place to just chat.
and the answer I was given was:
YH, the Pooh Corner is one of the many Recovery Rooms. Every so often a new one is introduced. It's just a place to relax, chat and eat LadyArcola's buffets
A blue moon is when there are two full moons within the same month.
____

I won't be so active these days as I have to get my good computer fixed.
I was tidying my bedroom the other day so I turned the music on my computer up quite loud so as I could hear it in the next room. But as things go, there was too much bass in the Amon Tobin song that was playing and it was enough to shake the big Hi-Fi stereo speaker off its perch on the bookshelf and it landed on the computer

Now when I turn it on, the CPU fan goes on then it dies out and comes back on again. Not sure what the problem is but I sure as hell don't want to blow out the CPU over the head of a broken fan!

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins

[This message has been edited by Younghappy (edited 01-02-2010 @ 08:52 PM).]

WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-02-10 21:36 EST (US)     16 / 1309       
Also, muslims, greeks and jewrys has other year
That doesn't make you question that you may be wrong?
No it is not true, who told you this? you can only say something is true if it has been proven though I guess some people don't really care about facts and other silly things like that, old text written in the earliest days of man's ignorance are good enough.
Remember if youre not willing to read my opinion on your religion don't insult me by talking about it in a place I may read it.

Now that i'm done with that subject the Recovery Room is pretty much our random chat room, I use it to talk about issues, events, weather and such. On the odd occasion I also like to state what I think should not be discussed in the RR
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 01-02-10 22:59 EST (US)     17 / 1309       
The more absurd the proposition, the more I believe it. -Voltaire

Let us discuss pleasanter things. Like...the newest family of huge viruses, Marseillevirus, of which amoeba are hosts.

\\//\\//
Coll
Archer
posted 01-03-10 02:07 EST (US)     18 / 1309       
No its true. From history you can find, that jewrys count years from begin of world, which they know from Bible, so they have about 10 000 years now.

Muslims count years from event when Mohamed went to Mekka.So they dont have 2010 too.

Greecs count years from first olympian games in 76 before christ.

Information about that we count years from bad start is true, it is about 2 years old. It was on BBC and CNN too I watched it. .)
PCDania
Archer
posted 01-03-10 04:11 EST (US)     19 / 1309       
that jewrys count years from begin of world, which they know from Bible, so they have about 10 000 years now.
Umm just for the sake of it, it's more like year 5770 which started at sunset 18th of September 2009 AD.
Now when I turn it on, the CPU fan goes on then it dies out and comes back on again. Not sure what the problem is but I sure as hell don't want to blow out the CPU over the head of a broken fan!
I would start out checking the power connector for the fan. BTW, are you sure it's the fan on the CPU? There are usually at least 2 fans in a computer: CPU fan and PSU fan. If you have a discrete graphics card then it very likely also have a fan and they can all get pretty noicy.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 01-03-2010 @ 04:15 AM).]

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 01-03-10 20:00 EST (US)     20 / 1309       
The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster puts the age of the earth at about 180 years. Upon reflection, the truth of this is intuitively obvious. Who cares about the empirical evidence of scientists with cross-confirming radiometric dating techniques on rocks (4 billion years minimum--man have they been fooled by the Burning Chef)?

\\//\\//
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 01-03-10 20:30 EST (US)     21 / 1309       
No its true. From history you can find, that jewrys count years from begin of world, which they know from Bible, so they have about 10 000 years now.
I'm struggling to hold back on picking that one apart, but I will because I know i'll step the line and hurt someone. Let us agree to disagree, I don't want to force my beleifs on you after all.
Information about that we count years from bad start is true
Not denying that but I have a totally different opinion on how far off we really are, I don't base my opinions on an old book of myths with no scientific background.
Let us discuss pleasanter things. Like...
The Gospel of the Flying Spaghetti Monster puts the age of the earth at about 180 years. Upon reflection, the truth of this is intuitively obvious. Who cares about the empirical evidence of scientists with cross-confirming radiometric dating techniques on rocks (4 billion years minimum--man have they been fooled by the Burning Chef)?
I actually joined that movement yesterday, the lack of evidence was enough to know it was the religion for me, at least it doesn't preach human sacrifice, murder, slavery and rape
Come on Sir Hugh, you're going to be labeled evil like me, and we can't have an evil seraph running around it's blasphemy

[This message has been edited by WL_D Arthus (edited 01-03-2010 @ 08:38 PM).]

Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 01-03-10 23:21 EST (US)     22 / 1309       
Good grief guys, lets just talk about photography of the new year as I intended.

Gads there is need of ale and a buffet for this new room.
Waves wand*~*! Wow look at the goodies that produced.
Enjoy

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
Coll
Archer
posted 01-04-10 03:24 EST (US)     23 / 1309       
on photo: there is a castle, a tree, a river, another tree
PCDania
Archer
posted 01-04-10 03:58 EST (US)     24 / 1309       
I've found a few pictures of the blue moon in 2009 but they were unfortunately on sites with copyright.

ericgolf
Earl
posted 01-04-10 05:21 EST (US)     25 / 1309       
the blue moon in 2009
Was it blue because it was made of blue cheese?
:P

Was there not some sort of nursery rhyme where it was theorised that the moon was made of cheese?

Sorry. I don't have a picture of that...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 53  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames