Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » New Graphics Card
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Graphics Card
Mathew Steel
Archer
posted 08-11-14 13:25 EST (US)         
Hi all, so I've recently decided to sell a few of my old things for a bit of money. And I decided that I'd like to buy a new graphics card for my laptop.

So I'm asking for help. I don't want to spend any more then 320. So if you guys could help me find a card that I could upgrade my laptop with, I'd be grateful.

I want to upgrade with an AMD or Nvidia graphics card. The card will be used for gaming. It doesn't have to play games at ultra (maybe High ).

What I'd like:
-at least 2GB of memory graphics
-can run newer games at High
-cost no more than 320

Obviously it needs to be able to be upgraded into my laptop. So I'm not sure how to check so if you could check that too, I'd be very grateful.

Laptop:
-Dell
-Inspiron 7520
-Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3612QM CPU @ 2.10GHz
-8GB Memory
-64-bit Operating System
-AMD Radeon HD 7730M
-Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Here's 2 graphics cards I've found so if these will be good enough to meet my requirements (if you could check for me) I'll happily buy one. So here they are:

Nvidia GTX 770

Radeon HD 7870

All help is appreciated thanks for taking your time to read this and help me out,
Mathew x

EDIT= Sorry about the broken links PCD

Links fixed
- Angel PCDania

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 08-11-2014 @ 05:20 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 08-11-14 17:17 EST (US)     1 / 3       
You can not buy a new graphics cards just like that for a Laptop/Notebook. Graphics cards for desktop computers does not fit in a laptop, it's both too big and the connector is different not to mention the power requirements and cooling required. For upgrading the graphics card in your laptop you will have to contact support at the manufacturer of your laptop.

Btw, why do you keep on insisting on posting technical questions in the wrong forum?

We have a special forum for that kind of questions, namely Troubleshooting which can be found when selecting HeavenGames in the dropdown menu and then scroll down a bit.

or at least post you technical questions in the Technical Issues forum.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.

[This message has been edited by PCDania (edited 08-11-2014 @ 05:21 PM).]

Mathew Steel
Archer
posted 08-12-14 04:16 EST (US)     2 / 3       
Apologies about the toping forum. I thought this was more suitable since there isn't any real technical issue and it's not really a troubleshooting problem. In future I'll post in technical issues, my apologies.

I contacted Dell and they said it is possible to upgrade the GPU so I'll contact their technical support team Thursday to enquire about it.

Thanks for the help anyway,
Mathew
BobJohnson
Banned
posted 10-05-15 09:44 EST (US)     3 / 3       

[This message has been edited by Doomsword (edited 10-07-2015 @ 06:41 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames