You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Castle Building and Chilling
Bottom
Topic Subject:Castle Building and Chilling
Trepadus
Archer
posted 10-12-15 18:33 EST (US)         
Hello! I am glad I found this forum. I just reinstalled Stronghold Crusader HD on Steam, and wanted to relax and play some castle building scenarios. However, I find most of them pretty bland.

I noticed there are a lot of maps for a great session of castle building, but I do not know which ones to pick. Can you recommend me several maps?

Thank you.
AuthorReplies:
peter2008
Knight
posted 10-13-15 03:47 EST (US)     1 / 3       
Hello Trepadus,

if you like to do Castle building, it's about exploring the landsscape, the ways and opportunities in it, I guess.

So, in the Download section, choose "Top Rated" to find some maps which received reviews. Sulis and SUBINDXSUBIN e.g. were among the great mapmakers.

Another fascinating map is the Peace version of Darshen by Sir Vet.

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin
Trepadus
Archer
posted 10-13-15 07:42 EST (US)     2 / 3       
So should I go by top rated or downloads? Some of them are uploaded way back, do they still work on Steam? Also where do I save them?
peter2008
Knight
posted 10-13-15 11:17 EST (US)     3 / 3       
Go to Download section / Stronghold Crusader: Castle Builder / then "Top rated" will appear in the left column

Sorry, I did not answer the technical question. (Have retired from gaming, so don't know exactly.)
Yet I do hope there's a way to still add custom maps to the Stronghold games on Steam.
By all means, it's not a matter of age, but of version. Maps created with the old 1.1 version of Crusader work fine with the later versions (but not vice versa).

Of Honour without Fame,
Of Greatness without Splendour,
Of Dignity without Pay
- Walter Benjamin

[This message has been edited by peter2008 (edited 10-13-2015 @ 11:35 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames