You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.4 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » OneDrive makes making screenshots more easily!
Bottom
Topic Subject:OneDrive makes making screenshots more easily!
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 11-19-15 16:51 EST (US)         
Hey, guys! I just made one discovery by an accident. I have OneDrive installed on my computer, and while I had it running I was in a game and I pressed PRINT button. Once I minimized the game, I'm not sure if OneDrive asked me if I want to make screenshots with it automatically or it just did it itself... I think it was the first one, and now when I am browsing, playing games, or anything else, I can just hit PRINT SCREEN or ALT + PRINT SCREEN (to make a screen shot of a window), and I get the screenshots in my OneDrive folder. Also, OneDrive makes your PC no slower - even my old PC works great with it, though I don't have to have it running in the background all the time.

I am telling this because many were coming here asking if there is a way to make screenshots in Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader. I know there are programs such as Fraps, I have it myself too, but OneDrive is one of those that one could have on their PC anyway and it also uploads images on the cloud automatically. It is another issue that it is not the greatest solution to share links from OneDrive here in posts, but the screenshots would be available to you on any of your computers.

I hope this won't be considered as advertising.
AuthorReplies:
Strife
Archer
posted 11-19-15 19:16 EST (US)     1 / 4       
I don't know a lot about computers or the newer Windows. But can't you just press Print Screen and paste it onto Microsoft Paint, then save the file?
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 11-20-15 02:32 EST (US)     2 / 4       
That is correct, and indeed if one wants to make a single screenshot at a time, if they didn't have OneDrive bothering to install it wouldn't be worth it. On the other hand, if you want to make several screenshots during an intense game having to minimize it may be such a pain. I'm not saying it would take much time, but most of people would just give up of making a screenshot. That is a great downside (having to minimize it) of the method for those who want to make screenshots in multiplayer too, especially if they want to make several screenshots.

Still, it may also be useful for making any other screenshot - any "regular" one - from your desktop, some specific window, or something else.

On the other hand, when it comes to making screenshot in Stronghold 2 one gets white images just as they would get it normally by PRINT SCREEN and copying to Paint. Still, Stronghold 2 has it's own hotkey for this matter.
PCDania
Archer
(id: PCD)
posted 11-20-15 08:36 EST (US)     3 / 4       
If you have a Nvidia graphics card and Geforce Experience installed, I believe besides movies, it can be used for screenshots too but saves on your harddisk.

"Cats are the only animals that are both uber, pwns and 1337 at the same time." -King Euric
By reading this fine print your soul is now the exclusive property of HeavenGames.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 11-20-15 10:59 EST (US)     4 / 4       
That's interesting, I didn't know about that. I suppose I could have used that on both my PC's then...

Well, saving it to hard drive is enough for me, and I believe it is also enough for almost anyone else.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames