You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Your experiences with Windows 10 and Stronghold games
Bottom
Topic Subject:Your experiences with Windows 10 and Stronghold games
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-18-16 14:19 EST (US)         
Hey, guys! I meant to ask what are your experiences with Windows 10 and playing Stronghold games on it? I don't mean to start a tread about Windows 10 in general, though I have nothing against that of course, but this thing is the most important to me at the moment. Speaking about my other programs I assume one would easily make it work on Windows 10 just like on any older Windows OS, or if not - there would be an alternative. On the other hand, Stronghold has no alternative!

So, do you have Windows 10 on your PC on which you play some of Stronghold games (and in that case - which games in particular), and how do they work?

Also, what about performance? Does your PC work better in general, and does it run games better (again, in general)?
AuthorReplies:
PAlAT
Archer
posted 02-19-16 01:07 EST (US)     1 / 2       
Hey buddy. AFAIK, I haven't had any issues on Win10 on my laptop for Stronghold specifically, but in general the new OS seems to have worse backwards compatibility for older games. Heck, it seems to have worse compatibility with games in general (many won't even launch at all without a lot of troubleshooting). Personally, I'd stick with 8.1, I think the only major difference anyways is that 10 will have support for DirectX 12.

[This message has been edited by PAlAT (edited 02-19-2016 @ 01:08 AM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 02-19-16 13:49 EST (US)     2 / 2       
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames