You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Sword and Buckler Inn
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.11 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Sword and Buckler Inn » Is Stronghold Heaven slowly dying?
Bottom
Topic Subject:Is Stronghold Heaven slowly dying?
Kostus
Archer
posted 03-24-17 12:41 EST (US)         
Hello.
I made roughly 2 maps for stronghold - one for Multiplayer, and one "Siege That" scenario (independent from the contest), and i have noticed, that my 2 scenarios and 2 other scenarios made by other people are NOT getting approved - the newest file on this website was made 2 weeks ago (sorry if i am an inpatient person)
Do we have to find an another forum, or is this forum actually still alive?
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 03-24-17 16:57 EST (US)     1 / 11       
This place shall never die as long as there are us who care about it. Well, at least I hope...

If the latest file was approved two weeks ago, it still doesn't mean that this place is dead. It has been like that for quite a while. Oh, and yes, you may check when was the latest Stronghold 2 file approved. I have posted a Stronghold 2 kingmaker map about one year ago, and it still hasn't been approved. Not sure if it's ever going to be approved. It would be much better if it gets approved more quickly, but I'm just saying that the situation with Crusader 1 and Stronghold 1 is not bad, but we just have to be patient.

Another thing I would like to say is that I think that after you post your map, you may create a thread in the forum for each of these maps, where we would discuss them if you want. That could make this place more alive.

I did have few more ideas how to make this place more alive. One of them being to bring this forum to Tapatalk, you may read about it more in these threads, and I would be grateful if anybody supported the idea - preferably in both threads.
Winter Solstice Recovery Room at Stronghold Heaven forum, and
Suggestion to bring your forums to Tapatalk at Heaven Games forum.
This way people would be able very easily to visit Stronghold Heaven from their phone, or a tablet, or even a Windows 10 PC - right from the start menu. If you're interested how that would look like, you may ask, and I would make a video.

Too bad Heaven Games works in such a bad way. If you don't have a working moderator for something, then you obviously need to recruit another one to do the job of the former one which has obviously abandoned his place. Here I refer to Stronghold 2 downloads section.

And finally, you don't have to wait for Heaven Games to make up their mind how to motivate their moderators or to recruit somebody new, and you don't have to search for another forum. Stronghold Nation has been active for quite a while now, you may pay them a visit, see how it looks like, and share your maps with them. But, please, don't forget this forum. I am pointing you at Stronghold Nation because I feel you asked indirectly if there is another Stronghold community, which there actually is. I would be the most happy if you continued to visit both of these forums, and contribute both of them, as we indeed need to treasure both of these communities.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 04-07-2017 @ 01:39 PM).]

Kostus
Archer
posted 03-25-17 01:40 EST (US)     2 / 11       
Thank you for Reply, it was just my problems with patience after all...
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 03-25-17 03:56 EST (US)     3 / 11       
But still, it's not that there's nothing which needs be improved over here, and Heaven Games would have to take care for their visitors not to get that feeling how these communities are dieing, etc. Visitors have to notice that somebody is hear - listening to them, giving them replies, approving their files, downloading and playing their maps, etc.

And if I were you, I would submit your file at Stronghold Nation too. The best is to have your files submitted to both places.
Lady Arcola
SHH Seraph
posted 04-03-17 23:55 EST (US)     4 / 11       
Thanks for the nice reply EaglePrince, Lets see if we can get some life back and some maps approved.
Kostus i will email the download staff.

Seraph Lady Arcola
"I believe that friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have trouble remembering how to fly."
"A real friend is one who walks in when the rest of the world walks out." -Walter Winchell

~ BFME2 Heaven | Stronghold Heaven | Stronghold 2 Heaven~
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-08-17 14:03 EST (US)     5 / 11       
Lord Dredde
Archer
posted 07-20-17 16:50 EST (US)     6 / 11       
No I don't believe it is,there are still people making maps,dont know how long they take to appear on the downloads,but I submitted a new map this Monday and it hasn't appeared yet.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 07-20-17 17:18 EST (US)     7 / 11       
Heaven Games obviously doesn't care. Not just that they don't want to modernize their forums (and move it closer to new generations who do play Stronghold games), so they could get a mobile friendly forum with email notifications, and perhaps even introduce their forums to Tapatalk, but they don't care when there are files waiting to be approved for more than two years! That's right, two years. The latest approved Stronghold 2 file was approved on May 2, 2015.

But we have Stronghold Nation as well, so... Though I would prefer if both communities had active moderators, not just one.

But let's be happy they didn't shut down their servers.
Lord Dredde
Archer
posted 09-13-17 09:36 EST (US)     8 / 11       
just resubmitted part three of my new series,as for stronghold nations i uploaded the first mission, looked for it and got 'the file not found' message,tried to resubmit it got a message saying 'file already exists'.

I have a lot of spare time and wondered about being a moderator.
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-15-17 05:12 EST (US)     9 / 11       
Well, about Stronghold Nation, for that you might need to contact Lord Chris, and see if there is a problem with the file.

As it comes to this forum. Yes, I on the other hand don't have so much spare time, but I would also be willing to be a moderator. It's not that this is some busy forum with many visitors. Basically we wouldn't need to deal with issues between members like on some active forums, but merely to delete some spam, and perhaps to approve some files now and then.

If you want, you may try to ask for it at the main Heaven Games forum. You may mention there I would be interested as well. I hope you can make it. But I just got feeling how Heaven Games owners and most of the stuff has become too much careless.
Lord Dredde
Archer
posted 09-15-17 07:37 EST (US)     10 / 11       
Hi i will be submitting the rest of the maps at stronghold nations fansite- the ist episode is available. as for email it seems the i need windows email or client type to contact staff here- never been 'techy'
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 09-15-17 08:48 EST (US)     11 / 11       
Where have you found this email link? I guess you got to some mail-to html code, or something like that which automatically directs you to Microsoft Outlook, or another email client. In that case, don't left-click the link, but you can right-click the link, (well, this part may depend on the browser that you use, but Firefox or Chrome certainly can do the job, and most other browsers.) and pick "copy link", or something like that. And then you'll be able to paste the address where you want. Indeed, most of us use their email through the browser.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames