You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Website Announcements and Updates
Moderated by Lady Arcola, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Website Announcements and Updates » Stronghold Crusader 1.3 not available in Downloads section
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold Crusader 1.3 not available in Downloads section
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 05-04-14 08:18 EST (US)         
Hi, I have recently uploaded a skirmish map which I have created by 1.3 version, but there was not "1.3" option in the game version inbox. I chose 1.2, as I had to choose some version, but still I wanted to tell you about this problem.

Also, have someone tried playing maps made by v1.3 by an older version? Were there some compatibility problems (game crashing, and stuff like that)?
AuthorReplies:
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 05-04-14 08:24 EST (US)     1 / 6       
All (or most of) the stronghold games have compatibility issues between versions, there isn't much that can be done I'm afraid.

My Stronghold fansite: http://www.strongholdnation.co.uk
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 05-04-14 12:22 EST (US)     2 / 6       
Hi, Chris,

I was making maps before, and I do remember that I was making maps with older versions (1.1 or 1.0, so there would be no, or as little as possible problems for others while playing). I think we could guess the same for 1.3 version - that it would be better not to make maps with it, but with 1.0 or 1.1 instead.

Nevertheless, that's not a problem. I'm gonna make newer maps with version 1.0, so all could play them. I hope I'm right about that..?

I wrote here mostly to tell that there's no way to choose 1.3 version, while uploading Stronghold Crusader skirmish map.
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 05-04-14 13:06 EST (US)     3 / 6       
Yes, that's exactly what I do (and Sir_Vet as well from what he's told me) because it means that more people can play them. They appear to not be backwards compatible, so in order for the most people to be able to play them, you need to create it on the earliest version of the game you can.

It's certainly not ideal in some cases, but with the like of SH2 I prefer the 1.3.1 version so it's fine for me.
I wrote here mostly to tell that there's no way to choose 1.3 version, while uploading Stronghold Crusader skirmish map.
For that issue to get solved, you'd have to wait for a moderator to add it in, though it's likely to not happen I'm afraid. Also, there is a very, very small chance of your file actually being posted know because no files are checked any longer AFAIK. Files have been uploaded since, I uploaded one last June (or about then), the only thing is that no-one approves them any more here.

The good news is, that on my own site, I also missed this off - so thanks for letting me know

[This message has been edited by Duke Chris (edited 05-04-2014 @ 01:08 PM).]

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 05-04-14 15:10 EST (US)     4 / 6       
I hope it is not the case... I see that some newer maps were uploaded in April. So, that should mean, somebody does approve our uploads.

That's nice, I'm glad I reminded you, to do that.

Off topic, I've seen Stronghold Knights are down now, and that's pretty bad. That was a nice community there. I hope this one will continue to function. It is the fact that Stronghold Crusader was released more then ten years ago, but that is a great game, that people still play, maps and other stuff are still being made for it... and the same applies for Stronghold 1. I have also notices your website is up, that's really nice to see.
Duke Chris
Archer
posted 05-05-14 02:43 EST (US)     5 / 6       
hope it is not the case... I see that some newer maps were uploaded in April. So, that should mean, somebody does approve our uploads.
I was actually talking about the SH2/SHL section there - There are many people who have uploaded maps, and just nothing has happened to them - if you go to the SH2 downloads section, the last file approved was by Sir_Vet in January 2013.

I also have a feeling that HG along with several other places are on their last legs, I'm afraid. I hope it doesn't go down as that would be devastating with the amount of uploads and content they have, but...

I'm really disappointed by Stronghold Knights. You can still access pages from 2009 though - http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.php?option=com_fireboard&Itemid=250&func=view&catid=40&id=29001#29000

Thanks

My website's fairly new, it's only been up a couple of months (hence why there's nothing much on it) but we have a small collection of articles, tutorials and downloads that keep getting bigger all the time. Hopefully it will keep growing.

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 05-05-14 15:08 EST (US)     6 / 6       
That's pretty bad - about SH2 and SHL downloads...

Also, I really hope you're not right about what you say. Although lots of people don't use these forums, many of them still use downloads section at least. This is pretty usefull place, where all could find help about the games. Maybe it will get better here, after Stronghold Crusader 2 is released. Maybe some new (and old) guys come over and join the party!

Hehe, I saw Stronghold Knights from link you posted on Firefly's website/forum... Really glad to see that old website again.

And I wish you good luck with your website and forums.

[This message has been edited by EaglePrince (edited 05-05-2014 @ 03:13 PM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames