Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.5 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Multiplayer » Looking for stronghold 2 players
Bottom
Topic Subject:Looking for stronghold 2 players
jurgjurg
Archer
posted 04-01-15 14:35 EST (US)         
I really liked sh2 multiplayer (think it is the best stronghold multiplayer, if some rules are applied) and would like to get back into it in the future again. Now that the servers have gone down I find it terribly hard to get a game on something like game ranger. So my idea was to make something like a steam group full with people who still want to play sh2 multiplayer so it will still be possible! If you're interested you can post in this topic or find me on steam (just search for the name jurgjurg and you'll find someone called "[GIT RIKT] plz plz").

Some of the rules which I was thinking of (cause I think with no rules the cav archer and knight spam can get quite boring):

-no knights
-no cats
-no mantlets
-only single walls
-towers must have at least 3 spaces between them
-no big moats (max like 1 or 2 thick)

I also thought of just completely banning walls, which might make the game more interesting in the way that unit placement becomes more relevant, but completely deletes the awesome siege aspect from the game, so it might be really stupid, especialy in team games

I hope to get some kind of reply, would be great. Would love to get this game rolling again!

Like the wind horse archers
AuthorReplies:
EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-01-15 17:54 EST (US)     1 / 5       
I like your ideas. I don't have much time to play, but I would be willing to play, when I am able to.
Also, I would suggest no sending burning carts into enemy army (deliberately attacking troops instead of buildings using burning carts).
jurgjurg
Archer
posted 04-02-15 03:53 EST (US)     2 / 5       
That's a very good suggestion! burning carts can be really lame.

I don't have the time to always play too, but I think if we have a group of players there will always be some online who might want to play!

My computer is currently not working but I'm getting it fixed so I will be able to play again, you can add me on steam if you want, then I'll make a steam group and maybe we can get more people in there.

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-02-15 09:45 EST (US)     3 / 5       
I'm glad you agree with me regarding burning charts. Also, I wouldn't ban them completely, as they might be useful against buildings, and that is they way they were intended to be used - not to go around soldiers and leaving fire behind them. I'm not sure what they can burn though - the grass or is green, or there are only some rocks and dust. :| Still, I have nothing against banning them completely, only I don't want to spoil fun to those who like using them in this way.

Speaking about the Steam, I am unable to add you, as I haven't bough any game from Steam Store, but you can add me. You'll recognize me, I have a Stronghold 2 swordsman as an avatar, with the same shield I have here.
jurgjurg
Archer
posted 04-03-15 06:09 EST (US)     4 / 5       
I added you.
I also joined the stronghold 2 steam group, we might be able to find some players there!

Another thing I was thinking about is to just all start as freeman. I think this is the way the game was supposed to be played and may also be the reason why knights are so stupidly strong

EaglePrince
Archer
posted 04-03-15 13:49 EST (US)     5 / 5       
I agree, and I believe that it is the way most players play multiplayer. In a way, you can consider that as a no rush period - players don't attack each other until they are able to train troops.
I think that all multiplayer games I played were played like that.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames