You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.237 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner » Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader: Fantasy Scenario Competition
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader: Fantasy Scenario Competition
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10  Next Page »
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 05-04-07 07:48 EST (US)         
Ladies and Gentlemen. On behalf of the staff at Stronghold Heaven, I would like to cordially invite you to compete in;

The Stronghold and Crusader Fantasy Scenario Competition

As the title suggests, we are looking for a fantasy/ficticious scenario that can be set in either Stronghold 1 or Stronghold: Crusader. The scenario content is entirely up to you, and can be based on either a siege, invasion or economic map. There are only a few limitations, which are set out below, and the competition is designed to allow you all to let your imaginations run riot!

• No freebuild scenarios or skirmish maps; we want to see full use of the editor, including any events
  • You must produce a full story and/or instructions to accompany the scenario. In addition, you must produce a separate document to explain how and why you chose the scenario, what you are trying to achieve with the map and explain any specific events, landscapes and characters
  • You may submit one Stronghold 1 map and one Stronghold: Crusader map if you wish; two maps per designer

In the case of multiple designers with one account, you can either submit maps designed by both parties, or separated individually, but clearly labelled by the individual designer.

The idea of the competition is not just to allow you to exercise your imagination, but to explore the use of the editor and complete a 'packaged' map (i.e. map, write-up, separate document and screenshots/minimap).

A few other pointers;

• Eye candy is up to the designer, however you will not be punished if you do not have great swathes of tricks littering the map
  • All entries will be judged by Sulis with assistance from other members of staff. Our decision will be final.
  • You must complete a new scenario, not a map already submitted to the downloads section (although you may use a semi-completed scenario from your hard drive as long as it has not been made public knowledge to others)
  • Entries will be judged on unique scenario design, a strong story and/or instructions, excellent use of the editor and a genuine 'feel' of fantasy or fiction throughout your scenario

The closing date for entries is 13 July 2007.

There will be two winners, one for Stronghold and one for Crusader. The winners will have a dedicated page on the site under the competitions tab with minimaps, screenshots and an introduction to the scenario, including the judges' comments. The map winners will also be added as a news item. Runners up will have minimaps and judges comments. All maps will have a link taking forumers to the relevant download.

Please submit your competition entries to Sulis@heavengames.com. Do not upload your entry to the site until after judging has taken place and the winners announced.

To all of you who play Stronghold 2 and Stronghold: Legends, your turn will be next!

No doubt there will be many questions, so please ask away

We wish you all the very best of luck!

Sincerely,

The Stronghold Heaven staff

[This message has been edited by Sulis (edited 06-07-2007 @ 10:56 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 08-28-07 05:00 EST (US)     176 / 237       
Great to hear, i cant wait to play the maps

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
Duke of York
Knight
posted 09-04-07 08:40 EST (US)     177 / 237       
I believe judging is complete and the results are......

Sorry to keep you waiting. Sulis will publish the results and congratulate the winner next week. I must say that I was impressed with all of the entries. Judging a competition like this is very hard. We used a 100 point scale (10 possible points in 10 categories) - dont ask me to elaborate at this point.

I can say that the final scores are VERY close. Sulis will give details next week in his post. Thank you for your patience.

Sincerely,

DoY

Duke of York
"..The Father sent the Son to be the Saviour of the world." 1 John 4:14
Dougleass
Archer
posted 09-04-07 10:32 EST (US)     178 / 237       
If it's done, why do we have to wait til next week? I'm dying here!!!1!

Check out Rome, Duomo, Troy, and Ghost.
Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
Duke of York
Knight
posted 09-04-07 10:42 EST (US)     179 / 237       
Sulis has to post the results, he is the head judge. I am just a lowly cherub, he is an Angle

You have waited this long, a few more days will hurt. I promose you'll get your answer soon.

Duke of York
ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-04-07 12:56 EST (US)     180 / 237       
I am just a lowly cherub, he is an Angle
Now I know Sulis steeped himself history to make his Bretwada series but.... are you saying he is an exponent of the "method" school of map making Maybe that make Lord Ako a Viking?
!!!1!
Clearly the tension is mounting (along with the typos)

I think I will join you, Dougleass: !!!2!!!

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review
Younghappy
Archer
posted 09-04-07 13:46 EST (US)     181 / 237       
Lord Ako a Viking, Sulis an Angle. That must make me a Celt.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
Duke of York
Knight
posted 09-04-07 13:59 EST (US)     182 / 237       
Angle, Jute, Saxon - they are all the same.....right????

Sorry for the typo - good catch!

Duke of York
Dougleass
Archer
posted 09-09-07 10:43 EST (US)     183 / 237       
How's it going? ;o

Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
Younghappy
Archer
posted 09-09-07 10:59 EST (US)     184 / 237       
By the looks of things, Sulis hasn't been online for a while, I think someone mentioned he moved house...probably a few RL things to sort out.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-09-07 11:51 EST (US)     185 / 237       
There was some mention of the results getting announced next week. Apparently the judging is finished. So the judges know the results...

~~~~~~~~~~~~
subindxsubin
Archer
posted 09-11-07 09:22 EST (US)     186 / 237       
Where are the results???

I think the judging has took way lot more time than the time that was given to make the maps.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
Duke of York
Knight
posted 09-11-07 10:21 EST (US)     187 / 237       
the results will be published soon.

Duke of York
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 09-12-07 09:00 EST (US)     188 / 237       
Finally...

I'm delighted to announce the results of this competition!

The winner of the Crusader entry is:

'No Place Like Home' by Loegaire

The winner of the Stronghold entry is:

'Ghost' by Dougleass

Many congratulations to you both!

To the other entrants, you should all be deeply proud that you caused me so many headaches trying to decide who deserved to win! It was a very close run decision, with only one point separating the winning entry for Stronghold (out of a score of 100) and only five between first and second for the Crusader maps. All of you have done incredibly well. Please: feel free to submit your entries to the downloads section when you are able to and let others enjoy your work

My thanks to the entrants for your prolonged patience in awaiting the results; it is very much appreciated

I'll now arrange to have all of your entries displayed on the site for others to see.

Can all entrants please provide me (by email only to sulis@heavengames.com) with your postal details so I can arrange for some prizes to be sent out to you? If anyone has concerns with this, please say so and i'll direct you to the relevant Privacy Statement, etc etc.

Once again: Congratulations and well done everyone!
Dougleass
Archer
posted 09-12-07 09:54 EST (US)     189 / 237       
Wow I can't believe I won!

I've said this before, and I say it again, thank you for your hard work Sulis. I recall you saying that you played each map 6 times. I think everyone participating appreciated what you did.

Will there be a more thorough explanation of the results?

Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 09-12-07 11:56 EST (US)     190 / 237       
thank you for your hard work Sulis
My pleasure, as always
I recall you saying that you played each map 6 times
I did, but in the end it turned out to be more than that. Excessive? Yes, definitely. Pointless? Not in my eyes
Will there be a more thorough explanation of the results?
There will, yes. I'm tempted to expand on many of the good points from my notes to promote all of your work and to help to encourage people to download your scenarios, but I won't put up my comments ad verbatim as it were. A lot of it would be unnecessary, I suppose.
Younghappy
Archer
posted 09-12-07 12:05 EST (US)     191 / 237       
Well done Dougleass, can't wait to see all of the maps!

And same to Sulis and other staff, you have all done a great job and I think the site has definately improved since you and Lady Arcola were put in charge.

*Dashes to Download section....WOW!!

Battle Mage corp
Archer
posted 09-12-07 12:06 EST (US)     192 / 237       
Congratulations Dougleass from both of us.We are very happy that you won such a tough comp. Be quick to post your winner as we are dying to try it out.

Unfortunately we don't know Loegaire but a lot of salutations are addresed to his name.Good job mate.

We aplaud the patience and careful examination from the SH staff. Great job!!!

Cheers.
Morbid Angel and Lan al Malkier
BM corp.

If it's a doze it's a doze, if it's life it's life, the evironment can never be bliss. Author: Luben Karavelov.

[This message has been edited by Battle Mage corp (edited 09-12-2007 @ 12:07 PM).]

Younghappy
Archer
posted 09-12-07 12:15 EST (US)     193 / 237       
Hey it's available in the download section...go quickly!!

Well done to Loegaire too, but sadly I don't have crusader

Loegaire used top be around here more (before my day) and was a popular designer.

ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-12-07 12:16 EST (US)     194 / 237       
Congrats Dougleass and Loegaire! Well done
Must see this Ghost map

PS. Along with Dougleass I say thanks to the judges and Sulis (Playing the maps 6 times .... above and beyond the call of duty I would say)

~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 09-12-2007 @ 12:22 PM).]

Battle Mage corp
Archer
posted 09-12-07 12:19 EST (US)     195 / 237       
Hey guys Im experiencing a problem with Ghost in the pack there is no map file why is that.

P.S.
Im eager to see the crusader map.
Morbid Angel

If it's a doze it's a doze, if it's life it's life, the evironment can never be bliss. Author: Luben Karavelov.
Dougleass
Archer
posted 09-12-07 12:37 EST (US)     196 / 237       
Thanks so much, everyone! The problem is fixed, the map is now included. And there are also some images on the download page now. If you plan on playing it, then... enjoy! I hope you'll like it.

ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-12-07 13:25 EST (US)     197 / 237       
That is me uploaded my Mined Over Matter map now. At last a new map in the DL section after many months

Edit:
Gosh. That was quick. It's up already. Thanks Sulis

~~~~~~~~~~~~

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 09-12-2007 @ 03:29 PM).]

Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 09-12-07 13:29 EST (US)     198 / 237       
Approved. And that has to be my record for pressing the 'go get it' button methinks!!

Lovely screenshots on your download description page, ericgolf!
Younghappy
Archer
posted 09-12-07 13:37 EST (US)     199 / 237       
Oh goody!!

Looks like I have to re-install Strongold.

subindxsubin
Archer
posted 09-12-07 14:32 EST (US)     200 / 237       
Finally the results are here.

Congrats leograie and dougless!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to sulis too for his hard work!!!!!!

It feels bad not having been able to enter my map.
It feels as if I lost without trying.

Thats no problem to me I willl surely enter the next competition what ever it is going to be.

Sulis throw out a new competition.

Subindxsubin
"OMG return of the forummers! Welcome back, chaps!"-King Of Scots
"Holy......Subin's back!"-Venomrider
"For all who draw the sword will die by the sword-Jesus my lord
"I would send you some snow Subin if I knew it wouldn't melt."-Lady Arcola
"Congratz Jubu, you have eneded subin's tyrannical dictatorship"- Darkslave Master
« Previous Page  1 ··· 6 7 8 9 10  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames