You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner
Moderated by Lady Arcola

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.237 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » The Jousting Ground - Stronghold's Competition Corner » Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader: Fantasy Scenario Competition
Bottom
Topic Subject:Stronghold and Stronghold Crusader: Fantasy Scenario Competition
« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10  Next Page »
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 05-04-07 07:48 EST (US)         
Ladies and Gentlemen. On behalf of the staff at Stronghold Heaven, I would like to cordially invite you to compete in;

The Stronghold and Crusader Fantasy Scenario Competition

As the title suggests, we are looking for a fantasy/ficticious scenario that can be set in either Stronghold 1 or Stronghold: Crusader. The scenario content is entirely up to you, and can be based on either a siege, invasion or economic map. There are only a few limitations, which are set out below, and the competition is designed to allow you all to let your imaginations run riot!

• No freebuild scenarios or skirmish maps; we want to see full use of the editor, including any events
  • You must produce a full story and/or instructions to accompany the scenario. In addition, you must produce a separate document to explain how and why you chose the scenario, what you are trying to achieve with the map and explain any specific events, landscapes and characters
  • You may submit one Stronghold 1 map and one Stronghold: Crusader map if you wish; two maps per designer

In the case of multiple designers with one account, you can either submit maps designed by both parties, or separated individually, but clearly labelled by the individual designer.

The idea of the competition is not just to allow you to exercise your imagination, but to explore the use of the editor and complete a 'packaged' map (i.e. map, write-up, separate document and screenshots/minimap).

A few other pointers;

• Eye candy is up to the designer, however you will not be punished if you do not have great swathes of tricks littering the map
  • All entries will be judged by Sulis with assistance from other members of staff. Our decision will be final.
  • You must complete a new scenario, not a map already submitted to the downloads section (although you may use a semi-completed scenario from your hard drive as long as it has not been made public knowledge to others)
  • Entries will be judged on unique scenario design, a strong story and/or instructions, excellent use of the editor and a genuine 'feel' of fantasy or fiction throughout your scenario

The closing date for entries is 13 July 2007.

There will be two winners, one for Stronghold and one for Crusader. The winners will have a dedicated page on the site under the competitions tab with minimaps, screenshots and an introduction to the scenario, including the judges' comments. The map winners will also be added as a news item. Runners up will have minimaps and judges comments. All maps will have a link taking forumers to the relevant download.

Please submit your competition entries to Sulis@heavengames.com. Do not upload your entry to the site until after judging has taken place and the winners announced.

To all of you who play Stronghold 2 and Stronghold: Legends, your turn will be next!

No doubt there will be many questions, so please ask away

We wish you all the very best of luck!

Sincerely,

The Stronghold Heaven staff

[This message has been edited by Sulis (edited 06-07-2007 @ 10:56 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Younghappy
Archer
posted 09-12-07 14:42 EST (US)     201 / 237       
I definately think that Sulis needs a break before he makes another competition.

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
Dougleass
Archer
posted 09-12-07 15:17 EST (US)     202 / 237       
Thanks SubindxSubin!

Yes, Sulis definately should take some rest right now... he deserves it.

Check out Rome, Duomo, Troy, and Ghost.
Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.
surajsubba
Archer
posted 09-13-07 04:38 EST (US)     203 / 237       
Contragulations Dougleass & Loegaire

'.___________'-._______________.-'__________.'
.--.________.-~"^'~-.____'~-.-~+=≡↵-._◊◊_.-↵≡=+~-.-~'____.-~'^"~-.________.--.
.-________'.__'.____.-~"'_________"'~-._..-~+=↵≡+-.._◊Ĭ◊_..-+≡↵=+~-.._.-~'"_________"'~-.____.'__.'________-.
'._.-'^'-._ __'-._.-~"_"'~.-=◊↵Dark Water.wip↵=~-._◊_.-~=↵Skirmish Masters↵◊=-.~'"_"~-._.-'___.-'^'-._.'
Dougleass
Archer
posted 09-13-07 05:49 EST (US)     204 / 237       
Thanks Surajsubba!

Sulis, what kind of prizes were you talking about?

Also, check out my campaign! First chapter, second, third, fourth, and the fifth chapter.

[This message has been edited by Dougleass (edited 09-13-2007 @ 05:54 AM).]

Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 09-13-07 08:16 EST (US)     205 / 237       
Congrats both of you. I'm sure those maps were awesome
*Claps*
Great work, Sulis (And the rest of the judges)

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 09-13-07 08:16 EST (US)     206 / 237       
I'm hoping to get hold of some tshirts and/or caps. Tshirts are usually more popular, but i'll see what else HG has to offer
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 09-13-07 11:07 EST (US)     207 / 237       
Congratulations Loegaire and Dougleass. I hope to play everyone's maps soon. My entrant can be found here.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
Dougleass
Archer
posted 09-13-07 13:31 EST (US)     208 / 237       
hah, cool prizes! I'll send you the info later.

Thanks Lord Michael and Sir Hugh!

I want to make clear that I have updated the map. There's only one thing that's been changed... If you know you won it quicker than you should (using a shortcut) you should know I blocked it, making it impossible to win easier than it meant to.
Other than that, there's no need to download it again.

Loegaire
OD Core Group
(id: Lord Ap Hywell)
posted 09-14-07 13:23 EST (US)     209 / 237       
Wahoo! First Stronghold contest I've ever entered, too.
Loegaire used top be around here more (before my day) and was a popular designer.
I'll admit I've always been a Stronghold/Crusader fanatic and I still have it as my homepage, but that I was a popular designer was news to me. I've made a few maps, but this was the only one I've ever submitted to the best of my knowledge. Thanks for the compliments anyway though.

Sulis, I'm actually going to have to ask you to send me a copy of my own map. When I got to college a few weeks ago, I had computer problems which culminated in them wiping all my games and save files. I'll need it back so I can upload it, please and thank you. I'll send you my contact info later today too.

On the individual level the response may appear to be a fiction, but fiction in a wider cultural context has a way of appearing to be true.
Younghappy
Archer
posted 09-14-07 13:48 EST (US)     210 / 237       
Yeah. I'd love to see your minimap.

Congratulations once again!!

"the only thing that makes me feel safe is the fact that this is the 20th one of these camps my school has done and snakes are reptiles so they get their energy from the sun so when the sun goes down hopefully they will go to sleep or whatever they do and not decide to sleep with me when they discover there log isn't very comfortable."-scragins
Dougleass
Archer
posted 09-16-07 14:48 EST (US)     211 / 237       
When is the rest of the competition results coming?

Loegaire
OD Core Group
posted 09-19-07 09:07 EST (US)     212 / 237       
Er, Sulis? Can you e-mail me a copy of my map so I can re-download it to my computer? Thanks...

On the individual level the response may appear to be a fiction, but fiction in a wider cultural context has a way of appearing to be true.
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 09-20-07 03:19 EST (US)     213 / 237       
Loegaire: done
Dougleass
Archer
posted 09-21-07 18:03 EST (US)     214 / 237       
Sulis, wasn't there going to be a more thurough presentation of the results, and some of which was going to be added on the news?

[This message has been edited by Dougleass (edited 09-22-2007 @ 04:54 PM).]

Loegaire
OD Core Group
posted 09-22-07 15:19 EST (US)     215 / 237       
I was kind of hoping to see it too.

Younghappy
Archer
posted 09-22-07 16:43 EST (US)     216 / 237       
Could we see your minimap Loegaire??

Loegaire
OD Core Group
posted 09-23-07 20:49 EST (US)     217 / 237       
Yeah, sorry. I was having problems with my CD and I wanted to fix something that was bugging me before I uploaded it.

Minimap and three screenshots:

[This message has been edited by Loegaire (edited 09-23-2007 @ 10:42 PM).]

ericgolf
Earl
posted 09-24-07 14:46 EST (US)     218 / 237       
Great looking map, Leogaire

That castle is vaguely reminiscent of a winged insect, in a way. Most unusual.

And I love stockpiles on boats! I used a small one in my La Muerte Negra map. But your one is much more impressive. It is great to see the workers loading and unloading. Well done!

What is the name of your map again?
(Sadly I don't have Crusader (yet) so I can't play it )

He who hesitates is.... er....
~~~~~~~~~~~~
Saviour of Lugm Campaign Contribute a Review

[This message has been edited by ericgolf (edited 09-24-2007 @ 02:48 PM).]

Loegaire
OD Core Group
posted 09-26-07 11:59 EST (US)     219 / 237       
I uploaded it last night after making a last-minute fix, so it should be available to play shortly.

Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 09-27-07 05:28 EST (US)     220 / 237       
Comments on the other maps, plus the news item and display of your entries, will be coming very soon. I'm working on a layout and content today (even though I should really be working!)
Lord Tanthos
Archer
posted 09-27-07 19:16 EST (US)     221 / 237       
I'm working on a layout and content today (even though I should really be working!)
Think of it this way: work is the exertion of energy causing the movement of matter, therefore, you technically are working. You're causing keyboard buttons to move!

"Night-time sharpens...heightens each sensation...darkness wakes...and stirs imagination..."
WarLord_Designs
Archer
posted 09-27-07 22:45 EST (US)     222 / 237       
Congrats guys.

Work in progress
The Ourea 3
Fallen Angel

The world is my country, all mankind are my brethren, and to do good is my religion.
Author: Thomas Paine
Tammo VII
Archer
posted 09-30-07 21:31 EST (US)     223 / 237       
Wow, ive been very busy lately, havent had a chance to check up here. Congrats to Dougleass and Loegaire on winning the competition! I shall be uploading my map soon, hopefully. However, I think I'd like to wait for the thourough results first.
Loegaire
OD Core Group
posted 10-08-07 12:10 EST (US)     224 / 237       
*plays Jeopardy music*

Dougleass
Archer
posted 10-09-07 14:33 EST (US)     225 / 237       
Again, thanks everyone!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 7 8 9 10  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames