Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.1 reply
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Technical Issues » No HTTP Secure in year 2018
Bottom
Topic Subject:No HTTP Secure in year 2018
odiss3us
Archer
posted 09-22-18 13:20 EST (US)         
Dear admins,

I realize that the community is almost dead and its heyday passed 10 or 15 years ago. That's why I want to thank you for keeping this site still up and keeping the huge collection of maps available.

However, it is year 2018 and the forum still uses plain unencrypted HTTP. There is no encryption, not even on the login page. Which means, I have to send my password in plaintext. Does it have to be explained why that's risky and generally bad?

I implore you to take action and install a SSL certificate. In fact, I think that any plain HTTP requests should be redirected to HTTPS addresses.

ʕ ͡ ͜ʖ ͡ʔ

[This message has been edited by odiss3us (edited 09-22-2018 @ 01:52 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Mathew Steel
Archer
posted 09-28-18 12:28 EST (US)     1 / 1       
Not to disrespect the site, as this community was where I once spent most of my time.

The site is very insecure in general. Previous members have sent emails to webmasters on the site about breaches years ago and nothing has been done. I won't reveal anything in particular, but pages that should only be accessible to admins can be easily accessed by members. Some of these pages are VERY crucial to protect. If somebody malicious were to manage to find them, well, it wouldn't be difficult to do a lot of damage to the site.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames