You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Website Announcements and Updates
Moderated by Lady Arcola, Doomsword

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.62 replies
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Website Announcements and Updates » New stronghold game to include 300 SHH maps!
Bottom
Topic Subject:New stronghold game to include 300 SHH maps!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 12-02-08 03:02 EST (US)         
Yep you heard me everyone has the chance to have their map in a new release of Stronghold 1.
Mods will work to put together 300 of the top Stronghold 1 files on HeavenGames. Its been talked about for quite a while now but we have got the go ahead from Firefly studios so we can go public with it.
This could be huge for HG; if we deliver the 300 files, we're supposed to get front of box credit. As in, the HG logo on the front of the Stronghold box that will be released soon
Keep in mind we will be hard at work and will select what we consider the best 300 maps, please don't ask, if youve made a quality map it will be included no problem

Here comes the time consuming part, as we select maps we also need approval from the designer for it to be published in a game: No one is getting paid but you can boast that you are part of the best PC game ever made how can you say no?
Please to make our lives easier Post yes if you are ok with it or no if you don't wanna see your map in the game.

Any questions feel free to ask and we'll get to them asap.
thanks everyone
AuthorReplies:
WL_D Arthus
Master Illuminator
posted 12-22-08 19:04 EST (US)     51 / 62       
Sure are, i put a few good ones in - DoY had a few gems
Darkslave Master
Archer
posted 12-25-08 18:43 EST (US)     52 / 62       
Heh, I just opened my mail (haven't in 2 weeks) and found that three of my maps got selected
I didn't expect that at all!
Oh, and sorry for the delay to whoever sent them!
ericgolf
Earl
posted 12-26-08 05:38 EST (US)     53 / 62       
Oh, and sorry for the delay to whoever sent them!
It is OK DSM. Those maps of yours made it into the list as a result of your earlier post in this thread in which you gave advance permission
Kula_Dhad
Archer
posted 12-27-08 02:00 EST (US)     54 / 62       
I just checked my email today and saw the request. Unfornately my email account thought is was spam and deleted the email before I could read the whole thing . but I do give permission for my map to be used. Thanks for considering it.

P.S. I sure would like to be able to read the rest of that email, lol
Zebas
Archer
posted 12-27-08 05:52 EST (US)     55 / 62       
They won't give us the game for free as we'll be the ones making up the majority of their sales

A certificate or something official looking would be nice, so you can go to your kids and go: "Look daddy/mummy helped make a game once" and they can all bask in your reflected glory*

Thanks to all the mods for their hard work, it's great seeing HG being recognised.

*More likely they would look up from their super Xbox9000/PS5 and go "Whatever..." before returning to their own little world; but the kudos is still there.
Dumptrailer2
Archer
posted 12-27-08 08:33 EST (US)     56 / 62       
"*More likely they would look up from their super Xbox9000/PS5 and go "Whatever..." before returning to their own little world; but the kudos is still there."

That they hopefully would be playing Stronghold 5 on
Tammo VII
Archer
posted 01-02-09 14:17 EST (US)     57 / 62       
Any chance of posting a list of all 300 games selected for the bundle?
ericgolf
Earl
posted 01-02-09 15:08 EST (US)     58 / 62       
Any chance of posting a list of all 300 games selected for the bundle?
There is a chance. But it would not be a quick thing to do. A special page would need to be made, and not just your average HTML stuff. So don't hold your breath.

What I can say is if you were to ask me which of Tammo VII's maps were in the list my answer would be:

"The Leven Wars, Chapter I
and
The Leven Wars, Ch. II - The Fens of Elendighed"
Tammo VII
Archer
posted 01-02-09 18:18 EST (US)     59 / 62       
Well that will have to do for now. Thanks!!

Still, if someone feels bored enough to jot down the list (and I know 300 is a huge number) I think that would be interesting to see all the different maps that made the 'cut'
Lord Dredde
Archer
posted 01-04-09 20:51 EST (US)     60 / 62       
Sounds fantastic!Just to say i give permission for my maps to be used AND altered where necessary,subject to approval of course(just kidding?)Seriously 300 maps!
Darren
FireFly Studios
posted 05-06-09 06:32 EST (US)     61 / 62       
Hello everyone,
Ericgolf, sent my a link to this thread. I must admit, I missed it before.

Thanks to everyone for giving us permission to use the fantastic maps you have created.

If any new people read this and want to give us permission. Please ensure, you write that you give full (blanket) permission to use all the maps included in the map pack. Also, if you could email me a copy of this to make it more official...

Thanks Everyone!!!

Btw, everyone who made it into the map pack will get there name (nickname) into the credits in the manual. It's not much of a thank you, but I hope you like it.
The Dragonheart
Archer
posted 05-06-09 07:44 EST (US)     62 / 62       
Too bad I don't have SH1, then I'm sure I'd have a map or two in the next game :P

Will there ever be a new Crusader game that will feature 300 maps from us? lol
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames