You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.144 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help » Bonus AIs
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bonus AIs
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 6  Next Page »
The Ztolk
Archer
(id: Ztolk)
posted 10-12-02 15:25 EST (US)         
Three bonus AI's are currently available for download, and I will continue posting updates. You can download them thanks to the nice folks at Sword and Pistol. These AI, as well as four others, are part of the Warchest package. The four Warchest AI are the Wazir, Nizar, Abbot and Marshal.

Philip

Frederick

Sheriff

Update
I had word from FireFly's Darren Thompson about the AIs that are part of the Warchest package. They AIs are not to be distributed outside of the actual package.

So if you want these extra AIs you will just have to order Warchest.

[This message has been edited by Sparrow (edited 04-28-2006 @ 02:21 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
The_Marquis
Archer
posted 01-01-03 12:23 EST (US)     26 / 144       
Hi,

Help!

Ever since I installed the three new AI opponents, my computer keeps crashing, as in a blue screen is generated saying "Stop Exception Error, or something" or "IRC not less or equal". I have since uninstalled and reinstalled the game twice. Needs help. Maybe there is a way to solve this problem? And, anytime now my computer is going to go blue screen again, which I will have to restart.

Best regards
The Marquis

Wildfire
Archer
posted 01-09-03 21:37 EST (US)     27 / 144       
I dont think anyones answered Da Houseman Question so i will. The only original wayt o get the lords were to pick them up a a perticapating store when SHC came out.The way I no Is I download the demo and at the end of the game when you exited it did a advertisment about the new stuff and that was one of the advertisments.
Da Houseman
Archer
posted 02-10-03 14:30 EST (US)     28 / 144       
Thanks Wildfire for answering my question
FilthyCrusader
Archer
posted 02-22-03 18:55 EST (US)     29 / 144       
I never had any problems downloading new characters, maybe its because I got brains and am smart enough to download a couple of files and put em in a folder! I want more lords-I heard they got Sir Longarm and many many more.

P.S. The guys who made Frederick are the most stupid @#$%s.
He is my favorite emperor but the way they transformed him in crusader is just horrible and here are the reasons why.

* He was goodhearted like Lionheart, maybe more.
* He was brutal in warfare, raising the largest army the 3rd Crusade ever saw -it was so strong and huge that there wasn't a fleet in Europe that could transport it! HE had to march out from his Holy Roman Empire to the Holy Land on foot!!!
* And last but not least he had a gigantic red beard. Even though he was 67 years old when he died he still had a great big orange beard-not what the actual stronghold crusader video shows. They didnt call him Barbarossa for nothing you know!

P.S. I want one of em strong lords with 5 blue dots on top!I deserve it!

Lord Benedict II
Banned
posted 06-20-03 06:22 EST (US)     30 / 144       
Ztolk,Matt told me about the fourth A.I. which is the Marshall,is it true!!!
Jvlivs Caesar
Archer
posted 08-02-03 01:40 EST (US)     31 / 144       
I just downloaded the extra lords but i dont know how to instal them can some one please help thx
Mc Cloud
Archer
posted 08-04-03 17:21 EST (US)     32 / 144       
Unzip them all in the same folder where Crusader is located.
i unzipped them manually, and my Crusader folder is: C:\Games\Crusader. Each AI .zip file contains many files. Those AI .zip's from the Sword and Pistol Tavern site are for some reason zipped TWICE. So, the first time you unzip them you will get just another .zip file which you need to unzip AGAIN.When done, it will work and you will be able to see them when you set up a skirmish or multiplayer game. All players on Multi must have them installed in order to play the game properly.Once i had all of them (3) my buddy had only two, and we couldnt play. When he installed the third all was well. Go figure. may be just my/our machines fault.
Good luck, and have fun!
C. Mc Cloud
ToAsTy
Archer
posted 11-15-03 11:36 EST (US)     33 / 144       
Hmmm....
I've heard about the new AI personalities for the warchest version. Havnt gotten around to buying it yet. Anyone know how much it is, and can anyone send or post the new ai personalities until i purchase the game.

P.S. I know that this sounds kinda awkward but I'd really appreciate it

[This message has been edited by ToAsTy (edited 11-15-2003 @ 11:37 AM).]

The Ztolk
Archer
posted 11-15-03 11:52 EST (US)     34 / 144       
http://stronghold.heavengames.com/sc/warchest
You can purchase for $30.00 at the take2store. We're not sure if it's legal to send the AI files from Warchest, we're waiting for a statement from Firefly.
ToAsTy
Archer
posted 11-15-03 13:48 EST (US)     35 / 144       
lol, thats what i thought. I'll just go buy it, thanks for the price quote. Well I'm off to play hockey. Man I love that sport.

Hmmmmmm........ i seem to have lost, o dear.
Grant47
Archer
posted 11-28-03 23:54 EST (US)     36 / 144       
wait, confused. These new AIs from the poll...are they available for download or are they available through the Warchest?

The Wazir

Nizar "The Silent"

Emir Omar

Marshal Sir Longarm

The Abbot of Sterling

"Kindness is the language that the blind can see and the deaf can hear" - Mark Twain
"War is Hell" - William T. Sherman

Proud member of the LKS Clan
Zn: LKS_Wallpits

The Ztolk
Archer
posted 11-29-03 10:03 EST (US)     37 / 144       
Those are all warchest AI.
Krakindale
Archer
posted 12-02-03 21:00 EST (US)     38 / 144       
I think it is decent that we get to download the bonus AIs, since most of us already have Stronghold abd Crusader, and buying Warchest just for the bonus AI seems rather a waste of money.
The Ztolk
Archer
posted 12-02-03 21:27 EST (US)     39 / 144       
There's also another skirmish trail and some new Stronghold maps, but I agree that it's not worth the money unless you don't already have the games.
Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 12-03-03 03:04 EST (US)     40 / 144       

Quote:

We're not sure if it's legal to send the AI files from Warchest, we're waiting for a statement from Firefly.

We still are...
Sotaria
Archer
posted 06-08-04 17:03 EST (US)     41 / 144       
How do y'all rate the 8 new AIs? Of the old ones, Saladin is the best, Lionheart the next, The Caliph is relatively tough, but the Wolf beats him if he has enough food resources. Otherwise the Wolf beats himself. How do the new ones compare?
The Ztolk
Archer
posted 06-08-04 17:39 EST (US)     42 / 144       
Well I've found that the Warchest AI's will always fight along a certain theme.

For instance, the Abbot will always use hundreds upon hundreds of monks with no other infantry, the wazir (or whoever the assassin guy is) will only use assassins, etc.

Most are not too good, but fun to play against.

Sotaria
Archer
posted 06-12-04 13:14 EST (US)     43 / 144       
Okay, here are my ratings.

The Rat - weakest. A total wimp.
The Sultan - very weak. Likable scum. Not much of a threat.
The Pig - very weak. He will build up an army of spearmen, but obviously not too threatening.
The Abbott - weak. Builds massive number of monks, but any macemen, swordsman, or even a number of archers can take them out easily enough.
Nasir - medium weak. He can be a major pain if he doesn't defeat himelf. Poor economic skill often causes him to starve, but it he doesn't he can hit you with many dirty tactics.
Philip - medium weak. Arrogant Frenchman (of course). He builds knights, but has little else to protect himself and doesn't send an imposing army at you.
The Marshal - medium weak. Knights and swordsman, but not too many. Vulnerable castle defenses make you feel sorry for the once great knight; now senile.
The Snake - medium weak. Dirty tactics, scaling ladders, but not too great a castle and never too strong an army. Patience will take him out.
The Caliph - medium. Dirty and a pain in the behind, but not a major threat. He will set fire to anything he can, so invading his castle in the bigggest problem. Beware pitch and fire.
The Sheriff - medium. His castle is tougher than it looks. If you can avoid the fire, I build towers and connect them at the rear entrance, making it a short fight, but his fire will do major damage.
The Wolf - medium hard. In a good environment he is a solid opponent, but he can starve himself out of the game in a desert economy. If he doesn't he has a massive castle and good armies.
Wazir - medium hard. Good little castle and dirty tactics, but his armies are beatable with any good defenses and numbers (along with seige equipment) will take his castle down without too much trouble.
Frederick - medium hard. He is hard to figure out. He builds good armies and ammasses large funds of money, but he seems to fruggle. Whenever I take him down, he still have 10,000 gold in his pocket. Not much use if you don't spent the money!
Richard the Lionhearted - hard. The best of the Europeans, his castle is small but tough and he makes good armies.
Saladin - hard. Arguably the best of the desert rats, Saladin's castle is fairly strong and his armies equal to the task.
The Emir - hard. Sometimes he look better than Saladin. His castle can be taken with good seige equipment, however. He will attack often, and with swordsmen, but the armies are never too large.

Any one disagree? I would sure like to see a killer AI. Perhaps combine the Wolf's castle building with the Caliph or Sheriff's love for fire. Get Frederick's economic savvy, but spend the money on soldiers instead of hoarding it. Finally, add the hit and run tactics of the Wazir or Caliph with the seige tactics of Saladin or Richard. That would be a good opponent.

Marshal Vader
Archer
(id: MasterLordVader)
posted 06-12-04 13:37 EST (US)     44 / 144       
The Emir can be deadly if you let him alive for too long. He once assaulted me with 60 arabian swordsmen and some other war stuffs.

As for Saladin, he's just like Lionheart. His castle is square-shaped, thick walls, and siege engines. A standard castle but it's hard to give him a direct siege. I usually set his castle ablaze first.

But after all, the Bonus AIs are really fun to play with.

=====MarshalVader=====
Darkness? Yes.
My Recommendations

Jamie151102
Archer
posted 07-08-04 07:47 EST (US)     45 / 144       
Does anybody yet know of a site to download the extra warchest AI characters (other than Philip, Sheriff and Frederick)?
The Ztolk
Archer
posted 07-08-04 15:57 EST (US)     46 / 144       
You can't download them, you have to buy Warchest. Sorry.
Skaarjx
Archer
posted 07-12-04 03:46 EST (US)     47 / 144       
Is this firefly studios' statement? Because I would like to know what their statement was (Ztolk said he was waiting for one earlier in this thread). If someone could post the official statement, it would be appreciated, as it will be hard for me to obtain warchest, where I am :P.

Cheers,
Skaarjx

British Patriot
Archer
posted 02-02-05 13:41 EST (US)     48 / 144       
Help me! I've just downloaded Frederick and don't know what to do with him! The files are just stuck on my desktop under the name "crusaderfrederick".

What should I do with him? I am about 80% computer illiterate!

Eternal rest give unto them O Lord,
And let perpetual light shine upon them,
May they rest in peace.
Amen.
Soul of the Axe
Archer
posted 04-01-05 14:16 EST (US)     49 / 144       
Is there any way you can design the AI? So that the Pig uses better units or something along that road.
Bismuth
Archer
posted 04-01-05 15:20 EST (US)     50 / 144       
I'd like to see, maybe, the Pig AI tends to destroy economic targets (scorched earth policy), the Wolf tends to go stright for the keep to finish off the lord, the Snake maybe more agressive in attacking while the Rat less agressive and perhaps retreating and regrouping (or scattering?) in the face of strong oppositon.

Some variation in AI programming like this would provide much more interesting game play and options for the designer.

+++++++++++++++++++++

Sorry, I see that I have posted in the Crusader section but talking about original SH characters. Anyway, you get the idea.

No king is saved by the size of his army; no warrior escapes by his great strength.
A horse is a vain hope for deliverance; despite all its great strength it cannot save.
But the eyes of the LORD are on those who fear him, on those whose hope is in his unfailing love.
++33rd Psalm, Verses 16-18++

[This message has been edited by Bismuth (edited 04-01-2005 @ 03:22 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 6  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames