You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.98 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help » Crusader FAQ
Bottom
Topic Subject:Crusader FAQ
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 10-29-03 03:21 EST (US)         
Well, we've been doing some excavations in some long lost parts of the site and unearthed the Crusader FAQ Ztolk had been working on months ago.

You can find it here.

If you think any information is missing...please add it to this post?

Thank you kindly.

AuthorReplies:
k_c
Archer
posted 10-30-03 08:15 EST (US)     1 / 98       
Yes,there's something missing with the Crusader FAQ!

It's this:
What do the dots above the units(both Arab and European)mean?

I don't know the answer but I think you know it!Just add it to the FAQ!!

-k_c

Hi!I'm k_c,and cheats is my middle name!
Need cheats PM(if there's any)or just e-mail for cheats!
You can also see me in CrusaderPlanet.com,home of King Guru!
See you there!
The Ztolk
Archer
(id: Ztolk)
posted 10-30-03 08:35 EST (US)     2 / 98       
You mean the Fear Factor dots?
k_c
Archer
posted 10-30-03 21:09 EST (US)     3 / 98       
Yes,mi lord!!
And now I know what do those dots mean!!

The dots has 2 colors,red and green,those are the troop bonus which mean,the more green dots your troops above their heads,the more it will be more invulnerable against enemy attacks,but when your troops has more red dots above them,they are more vulnerable with enemy attacks.Confusing,isn't it?

Well,I think Jayhawk or Ztolk know how to rephrase my sentence but it's TRUE,I tell you!!

-k_c

P.S.Does the forum has some new looks!!?

Hi!I'm k_c,and cheats is my middle name!
Need cheats PM(if there's any)or just e-mail for cheats!
You can also see me in CrusaderPlanet.com,home of King Guru!
See you there!
The Ztolk
Archer
posted 10-30-03 21:14 EST (US)     4 / 98       
We already have an article on fear factor, but maybe we could have a question based on the coloured dots.

Jayhawk changed the colours because some people thought the old ones were too gloomy. I personally liked them.

red braizer
Banned
posted 01-13-04 12:57 EST (US)     5 / 98       
I didn't know there were dots???
Fear Factor dots???

The Ztolk
Archer
posted 01-13-04 15:59 EST (US)     6 / 98       
Yes. If you have enough positive or negative fear factor, dots appear. You get fear factor by placing Good Things and Bad Things.
Myri22
Archer
posted 01-24-04 10:57 EST (US)     7 / 98       
Can I add blue(green) dots to my lord, Master????

Please help poor Myri!!!!

The Ztolk
Archer
posted 01-24-04 11:53 EST (US)     8 / 98       
Nope, sorry. You'll just have to put up a good defense
Pmahalkita
Archer
posted 05-05-04 15:39 EST (US)     9 / 98       
WHY DO YOU LOSE A FEW MEN WHEN YOU DIG A MOAT OR FILL IT IN I'VE JUST NOTICED IT I USED THE PIKE MEN TO DIG THE MOAT OF AN ENEMY AND THEY STARTED TO DISSAPER, WHY?
The Ztolk
Archer
posted 05-05-04 15:48 EST (US)     10 / 98       
Were they killed?
NAT
Banned
posted 05-05-04 16:10 EST (US)     11 / 98       
I have heard of this bug before at another website. Only happens in Crusdaer and is very rare. Happened with macemen in the case I remeber. It is a rare phenomenon....

And I don't think anything can be done

Benizio
Archer
posted 07-23-04 05:38 EST (US)     12 / 98       
Hi all! I'm kinda new to this forum(registered today) but i've read a lot of topics that you guys have put up here. Very interesting. I'm half on my way to buy crusader but i've got a question.

Is "Crusader" an add-on where you need the regular version of stronghold to play or is it a stand-alone?

I hope you'll excuse my spelling, i'm from finland, you know.

Thanks!

"Cave ne ante ullas catapultas ambules."

"If I were you, I wouldn't walk in front of any catapults."

Stratego
Knight
posted 07-23-04 06:19 EST (US)     13 / 98       
Hi Benizio,

welcome to the Stronghold/Crusader Forum and have fun here!

To answer your question: Crusader is a stand-alone version, you don't need the original Stronghold for that.

Greetings

Stratego

Darkthz
Archer
posted 10-10-04 23:28 EST (US)     14 / 98       
Hi, I'm new too and got Crusader recently (bought it just with the jewel case [new, but at a discount price], so no manual), and I have a really simple question.

In the original Stronghold, you could change the difficulty setting in the briefing screen...How do you change it in Crusader? I can't find a difficulty setting anywhere!!!

The Ztolk
Archer
posted 10-12-04 10:02 EST (US)     15 / 98       
Unfortunately, Crusader missions don't have difficulty levels (unless my memory is mistaken).
Soul of the Axe
Archer
posted 01-01-05 20:22 EST (US)     16 / 98       
I have noticed that in Stronghold Crusader, units won't climb ladders at all. I tested this in the editor, using a simple enemy stonewall and archers. The green arrows appeared above the wall, but upon clicking, did nothing.

This is a strange problem and I don't understand it.
It is version 1.1.

michaelho
Archer
posted 02-21-05 06:58 EST (US)     17 / 98       
I have just downloadede stronghold crusader version 1.1 and now my game won't work

it says that i have not the CD in my computer even when i have

pls help me

Kester
Seraph Emeritus
posted 02-21-05 12:35 EST (US)     18 / 98       
It sounds like you have a version of Crusader that doesn't need the patch. You might have to uninstall it and reinstall it (but save any custom maps you have). More info on the versions and patches can be found here.

.--.- Kester -.--.
-.--.- deviations .--. flickr .--. gamertag -.--.-
.--.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.--.
Theris264
Archer
posted 03-01-05 17:28 EST (US)     19 / 98       
I have a few, (rather n00bish ) questions.
  • I recently bought the crusader jewel case version, and decided to update it. Googled a bit and found update version 1.2. However, since I updated with that, all building icons appear as if they were the original stronghold ones. I think the cause is that I updated with a stronghold patch. Could you please tell me wether this is the case, and whether I need another patch or not?
  • How do I reinstall without losing my savegames, bonus AIs campaign progress and custom faces?
  • How do I rotate the engineer's guild when placing?
    Again, I am sorry to bother you with this.
    Many thanks in advance.

Theris264
    former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
    "An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
  • Arn_de_Gothia
    Archer
    posted 03-02-05 01:03 EST (US)     20 / 98       

Quote:

I recently bought the crusader jewel case version, and decided to update it. Googled a bit and found update version 1.2. However, since I updated with that, all building icons appear as if they were the original stronghold ones. I think the cause is that I updated with a stronghold patch. Could you please tell me wether this is the case, and whether I need another patch or not?

How do I reinstall without losing my savegames, bonus AIs campaign progress and custom faces?

How do I rotate the engineer's guild when placing?

well you make a save were you are in the campaign and then copy that save and all the others to some place else but not the stronghold/crusader folder. and copy the faces picture as well. and then reinstall and place the files in the saves map and in the crusader map

I dont really know about this, but reinstalling and patch it with the crusader :P patch and it should work fine.

Sorry there is no way to rotate buildings.

You are more than welcome with this sort of questions.
    Cheers\
    \AdG

[This message has been edited by Arn_de_Gothia (edited 03-02-2005 @ 01:06 AM).]

Kester
    Seraph Emeritus
    posted 03-02-05 01:09 EST (US)     21 / 98       
    You can uninstall and reinstall the program, Theris264 - I believe you're right in that you didn't need the patch.

As for rescuing your saved games... what I would do is make a copy of your saves folder (C:\Program Files\FireFly Studios\Stronghold Crusader\saves) to your desktop and rename it, then move the saved files back to the new saves folder after reinstalling.

.--.- Kester -.--.
    -.--.- deviations .--. flickr .--. gamertag -.--.-
    .--.- if (Kester.says("Zen! Get online")) { zen.status("online") } -.--.
    Theris264
    Archer
    posted 03-02-05 15:11 EST (US)     22 / 98       
    Well, thank you very much, Arn_de_Gothia and Kester!
    I did exactly as you told me, and now everything works fine.
    Strange though that I could update Crusader with a Stronghold patch.

Theris264
    former Age of Mythology Heaven and Age of Empires III Heaven forumer||former member of Ambition Designs
    "An eye for an eye, and the whole world goes blind" -Gandhi
    Soul of the Axe
    Archer
    posted 03-31-05 14:57 EST (US)     23 / 98       
    I play Crusader with the 8 new opponents and was playing the Crusader Trail today in a match against 2 Emir and the Wazir with Longarm as an ally. When the game drew out and only the Wazir remained, terrible lag struck it.Animation and scrolling was jumpy and whacked. There's enough ram and there was only a few hundred units on the map. I've tried loading the save again and again but its the same. I don't want to play that level oncemore so does anyone know a cheat for more chickens or something like that? The slow down is very irritating and usually only occurs briefly following a long mouse drag. Any ideas?

I want to hop between levels in both Crusader Trails.
    How is it that single AI opponents in Crusader Trail operate more constructively than in regular custom games?

MNICY
    Archer
    posted 03-31-05 23:34 EST (US)     24 / 98       
    That lag happens to me to. It is very annoying. Anyone know why?
    Supersephiroth
    Archer
    posted 04-15-05 02:06 EST (US)     25 / 98       
    If you play on a map with alot of running water EG : Waterfalls this can cause alot of lag. Try closing down any other programs (Msn those kind of things), this would make the game run smoother.

Supersephiroth

Supersephiroth
    Add me on msn @ super_sephiroth@hotmail.com
    One winged angel
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames