You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.98 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help » Crusader FAQ
Bottom
Topic Subject:Crusader FAQ
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 10-29-03 03:21 EST (US)         
Well, we've been doing some excavations in some long lost parts of the site and unearthed the Crusader FAQ Ztolk had been working on months ago.

You can find it here.

If you think any information is missing...please add it to this post?

Thank you kindly.

AuthorReplies:
MNICY
Archer
posted 05-27-05 19:21 EST (US)     26 / 98       
I tried that and it still lags. This only happens sometimes, but it is annoying when it does.
Leaveyou
Archer
posted 05-28-05 08:08 EST (US)     27 / 98       
How about formating your hard drive, smashing the Windows instalation cd and sending some annonimus swears to Bill Gates? or:

USE LINUX. You can emulate the game so it would run in linux too and still it will run 20% faster. I bet your problem is with viruses. I have plenty of them and Linux is imune to those kind of threats.

(the first part is a joke, I have no intention to send anything to Bill Gates, not even money because I REALLY don't plan to buy any sort of unstable software like Windowze.)

denis97y
Archer
posted 06-04-05 17:52 EST (US)     28 / 98       
In opponents section information about Saladin and Caliph is missing. Could someone write about them? You encounter them quite often especially in skirmish scenarios and both are not very easy opponents (especially Saladin).

D.

MNICY
Archer
posted 07-18-05 14:29 EST (US)     29 / 98       
i will just make a few quick notes about saladin and caliph.

saladin uses slingers as his main ranged unit, you you can ususaly take out his wall by placing you catapults far enough away from the wall so he cant hit you but you can hit him. when you breach his walls, send in lots of units (100s)because he will use fire to try to burn them. my best avice for defence is hundreds of archers as soon as possabe and water pots before it is possible! saladin will get lots of money by selling everything he gets. if you burn his castle he usualy is doomed.

for the caliph, i usualy use the same attack and defence as whith saladin, but he is a little harder. if i am playing againsed multiple ais, i try to take the caliph out first because i think he is hard to defete if he gets to strong...

they both use arabian units, which i think are weeker, (thining of slaves(need lots of slaves to do any damage) and slingers(where you are better off to just save for archers!). Both ais whill try to burn your castle so remember to build water pots and if you are building an army, keep them on top of you keep so the dont die in fire in your castle burns (i once lost 200 swordsmen this way!)

hope my informatin was helpfull (seeing how i typed it in about 5 minutes!)

emperor du sing
Archer
posted 07-25-05 19:30 EST (US)     30 / 98       
SALADIN...
Not the Sultan.
I didn't think that Saladin used slingers...

Saladin, take him out early. Because he'll build big round towers w/ those annoying mounted siege weapons that can take out 1/4 of your attacking force before it even gets there. What I do is I rush in w/ 160 Horse archers (no less or you will lose but cause considerable damage) and destroy the troops and mounted siege equipment. Then I use melle troops (anything stronger than spear-men works) and destroy the gatehouse and kill the lord. Make sure that Saladin has lost all of his troops and spent nearly all of his gold. Otherwise he will recruit more troops on top of the ones you are sending in and may cause a few problems, but 80% of the time you will succeed if he has enough gold to recruit.

I hate playing agianst him.

Caliph, I use trebuchets to knock down one side of a wall and then charge in with small waves (10-15) of melee troops till he dies.

Hope it helps.

Tamer455
Archer
posted 08-08-05 19:21 EST (US)     31 / 98       
I have been having some problems tryign to play Crusader online, I just figured the IP adress thingy didnt work (cuase it didnt) and if I use gamespy it leaves my friend waiting for host, even though I have already got the game completely set up.

-I have turned off all the secruity stuff for the games
-Tried using the CD instead of playing without it.
-Tried IP adress thingy
-Tried switching out being host of the game

Can anyone help?

[This message has been edited by Tamer455 (edited 08-08-2005 @ 07:23 PM).]

Ibeliamoyes
Archer
posted 08-09-05 19:00 EST (US)     32 / 98       
try playing against someone else you know who owns the game. I have this same problem with one of my friends (friend A), but not with another (friend B). Friend A's PC is on a network but B's isnt, so i dont kno if that makes a difference. Sorry, but i cant help with this and it would be good if someone else could...
MNICY
Archer
posted 08-25-05 12:45 EST (US)     33 / 98       
i cant get multiplayer to work on mine. the ip adress does not work and i think my computer just hates gamespy.
longdon
Archer
posted 12-10-05 11:29 EST (US)     34 / 98       
hi. Wondering if anyone could tell me how to play the maps that can be downloaded off the internet e.g. the helms deep map. i can load the map and edit but can't actually play if that makes sense. could someone please tell me how to play the scenario thnks.
Dpminatr
Archer
posted 12-10-05 11:31 EST (US)     35 / 98       
If it's an invasion or economic, you need to select Play Map in custom scenarios.
Castle builder under Castle builder
Skirmish under Skirmish

"If your rich uncle bought a new house and you had to help take the wheels off, you might be a redneck." -Jeff Foxworthy
"There was this one girl I was seein' for a few weeks, 'till someone took the binoculars outta my truck." -Larry the Cable Guy
MNICY
Archer
posted 12-10-05 12:39 EST (US)     36 / 98       
and multiplayer under skirmish

Lords: Conquest - Medieval MMOG
"Come to think of it, how many people CAN fit on a pike?" -artofmath
"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
Lord Naismith
Archer
posted 03-20-06 03:11 EST (US)     37 / 98       

Quoted from Soul of the Axe:

I have noticed that in Stronghold Crusader, units won't climb ladders at all. I tested this in the editor, using a simple enemy stonewall and archers. The green arrows appeared above the wall, but upon clicking, did nothing.

This is a strange problem and I don't understand it.
It is version 1.1.

Greetings
I just registered for the forum and I don't know if anyone logs on or if these posts are even read anymore but. But to help future Crusader fans I want to give what little information I have on some problems I've read about.

I know the quote up there from Soul of the Axe is soo long time ago( Like first page of "Crusader FAQ"), but I know some loopholes or I guess what your supposed to do to make laddermen work.

Once you have your laddermen actually up against a wall, choose the people you want to go up(I found only TWO European units can climb ladders, SPEARMEN and MACEMEN. If anyone finds a way to get others to climb PLEASE post something!) and place them near the laddermen. Then, put them on aggressive stance and they will within a few seconds dash to the ladder and start climbing up.

Sorry if this post is long. It's my first time ever posting on a website so I hope I'll learn fast.

For intense strategists who use almost every unit to an advantage, I hope this helps your battles!

MNICY
Archer
posted 03-20-06 12:55 EST (US)     38 / 98       
Welcome to the forums Lord Naismith Thoes ladder men. Peronsaly, i dont bother with them, becasue i usualy dont use macemen, and only use the beguing spearmen you get for digging moats...

Quote:

Sorry if this post is long. It's my first time ever posting on a website so I hope I'll learn fast.

no, that post is a good length.
Check out the Silver Spear Inn, Make your own ai, A Renaissance Fair Recovery Room, Solve me, Solve me not, the Stronghold Census, the Stronghold RPG, and maybe youl like playing Lords.

-MNICY

"How to kill the Rat: Build 20 Horse archers and 10 swords men. Laugh at him." -Lord Michael I
Lord Naismith
Archer
posted 03-22-06 01:54 EST (US)     39 / 98       
Thanks MNICY.

Another bit on laddermen, to get the units to climb, there has to be something on the walls attacking them.

So, macemen or spearmen will not go up ladders if no archers on the wall, they will start attacking the walls instead. So make sure you attack a place where there are achers close enough to provoke them to climb. Archers can climb too, but it is very complicated.

I don't use laddermen either, at least, not in multiplayer games. In skirmishes though, it is sort of cool to swarm the enemy and take over the gatehouse and walls by having masses of spearmen and macemen climb up. Then have archers and crossbowmen go in.
You could use a seige tower too though.

I checked out some of those weblinks, thanks!
Lords does look like a cool game to play, I want to sign up.
Thanks for the great welcome! Hope to see you online there!

Lord Naismith

[This message has been edited by Lord Naismith (edited 03-22-2006 @ 03:57 AM).]

Lord Miffy
Banned
posted 03-29-06 03:09 EST (US)     40 / 98       
Whats wrong ? I tryed to have a multipayer game with my friend a me as host and he could not find me. What happened?
Lord Naismith
Archer
posted 03-30-06 02:20 EST (US)     41 / 98       
I'm not sure, but you know to let down protector stuff right? Like, firewalls, take down and let crusader pass through. And other protections make sure to check over!
MNICY
Archer
posted 04-18-06 22:50 EST (US)     42 / 98       
it doesnt work me me either
um... yah i dont know how to fix crusader multiplayer unfortionetly. i tried to turn off the firewall, and that didnt even help.

crusader666
Archer
posted 05-04-06 14:17 EST (US)     43 / 98       
I just started playing Stronghold Crusader. I don't understand how to play multimplayer games, can anyone tell me how?
candyman_09
Archer
posted 07-06-06 00:32 EST (US)     44 / 98       
hey everyone. umm....i posted this earlier on 2 different map designers pages, but i was wondering...could someone make a map from the Inheritance series? if none of you know what the heck i'm talking about, lol, i'm talking baout eragon and eldest. theres already a map about carvahall, and one about the battle under farthen dur. but my questions are, 1*...can someone make a map about the fight *outside* farthen dur? i know it was a bried battle, but it's still a prety nice fight. like have eragon have not saphira, but the dwarves fight outside the mountain. and those who retreat shall and hve to be killed. i think thatd be really cool. because eragon and eldest are 2 fasinating books,lol. and my 2nd question is this....in the last few chapters of eldest, the sequel to eragon, there is a battle, a rather huge** battle. and its between the vardne and the empire, but this battle is huge! and sounded really cool from the book. ie: the last abttle in eldest, between the empire and the varden. if neone knows what i'm talking about, please let me know if you can do it, lol, because i suck at making maps for stronghold crusader, lol. thank you for your time,a nd yes, i know, i didn't capitalize hardly, lol. thank you again, bye.
MNICY
Archer
posted 07-11-06 12:27 EST (US)     45 / 98       
@crusader666:
post here: http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=ct&f=15,2734,,10 for multiplayer help.

@candyman_09:
yes, someone could make thoes maps if they realy wanted to.
It is deffently possible. I dont know if you can convice anyone to make it for you, but if you did, i think it would be realy cool.
Try posting here: http://stronghold.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forum/display.cgi?action=t&fn=17

[This message has been edited by MNICY (edited 07-11-2006 @ 12:29 PM).]

RussianAssassin
Archer
posted 10-14-06 16:22 EST (US)     46 / 98       
I've been playing Stronghold Crusader for about a month now but I used to play way back when my brother bought it and now I have it on my computer. I have a couple of questions:

Seige Towers: I know the engineers build them, but what military unit can go in them?

Seige Sheilds: Who can go behind them?

Thanks in advanced!

Lord Michael I
Knight
posted 10-14-06 18:18 EST (US)     47 / 98       
Shields are useful providing cover to both your attacking archers and crossbowmen, if one of those units are behind a shield, they will get less or non damage, the shields may also be used to cover siege equipment as catapults. As for Siege towers, I don't remember well, but I think any unit except horse-mounted ones can use the siege tower...

My Johari window.
Do you have what it takes to hold off Saladins' forces? Find out here...
"I think most people are trying to forget Aqua... Most people I know still haven't recovered from Barbie Girl" - QuickDraw
Sparrow
Archer
posted 10-14-06 20:54 EST (US)     48 / 98       
To add on to what Lord Michael I said. While shields are most often used with ranged units, any type of troop placed behind one will be protected.

All unmounted troops can use a siege tower to gain the top of an enemy wall. This includes manned shields as well. Assassins will use them if in a direct path to their destination, otherwise they prefer to climb.

MNICY
Archer
posted 10-15-06 19:26 EST (US)     49 / 98       
also, a good stratagy is to put shields up towers, for extra protection for your archers.

Maniac_1
Archer
posted 12-04-06 03:29 EST (US)     50 / 98       
Im not sure if this is the right place for this query... But when i play crusader, the ai (enemies) will not attack me, will not build decent castles etc and waste all their $$ on what seems like nothing. Ive installed the latest patch (1.1) and nothing has changed... Ive also deleted all saved games too.. Any help for this would be appreciated.

-simon

« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames