You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help
Moderated by peter2008, Lord Michael I, Lord_of_Hell

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.98 replies, Sticky
Stronghold 2 » Forums » Crusader, Warchest, & Extreme: General Discussion & Help » Crusader FAQ
Bottom
Topic Subject:Crusader FAQ
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
Jayhawk
Eminence Grise
posted 10-29-03 03:21 EST (US)         
Well, we've been doing some excavations in some long lost parts of the site and unearthed the Crusader FAQ Ztolk had been working on months ago.

You can find it here.

If you think any information is missing...please add it to this post?

Thank you kindly.

AuthorReplies:
Hawk5755
Archer
posted 12-06-06 17:42 EST (US)     51 / 98       
Ok im so noobish to this online play and map download that i need loads of help.

One how do I play online do i need to register to game spy?
2: I download a map and click the game and when I scroll to look for the downloaded map its not there.

Please help me this isnt even funny how noobish i am to internet.

Sparrow
Archer
posted 12-06-06 19:23 EST (US)     52 / 98       
Unless you're playing over a LAN connection you do need to register and play through GameSpy. The basic service is free, though.

To see a map in the game you do need to unzip it and place it in your "Maps" folder. It also must be a skirmish map.

Christ
Archer
posted 01-02-07 23:11 EST (US)     53 / 98       
To Maniac_1:
Hi, my tip is you should try to re-install your crusader, maybe your ai's files are missing or damaged somehow (virus, badsectors, etc).

Sir Launcelaut
Archer
posted 02-17-07 14:46 EST (US)     54 / 98       
Ok, I have been trying to upload maps for a long time but I can't figure out how to do it. I would appreiciate it if someone would tell me how.

Thanks,
Sir Launcelaut

Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 02-18-07 04:00 EST (US)     55 / 98       
Sir Launcelaut, as requested, here's how to upload a map to the site. I'll go through a step by step procedure for you, so some of this you may already know.

To upload a map, you need to click on the 'downloads' link on the left hand side of the menu on the home page. Once this page opens, you need to click the small 'submit file' button at the top of the page (right hand corner). Here is a link to make things easier. Once this page opens, scroll down to the bottom (after reading the guidance notes!) and follow the procedure, step by step.

Firstly, you will need to use the drop down menu to describe which type of map you are submitting, so it can be added to the relevant download list. Then add your title (note: make it the same as the name given to your map in the editor). The 'short description' is your brief introduction to what the map is all about. For good practice, try to aviod brief descriptions, such as 'This is my map'. If it is a Crusader skirmish map, for example, you could say something like ,'this is a 6 player map, limited resources, with one keep site unbalanced. The terrain is modelled in such a way to represent a realistic portrayal of the Crusader state of (Antioch, Edessa). A full story and description can be found in the read-me within the zip file.' It helps to promote your map and entice people to download it.

Next, the Metadata section: Use the drop down menus for map size, difficulty (not really applicable for skirmish, but you could still indicate how difficult you think the map is) and a field to upload your minimap in .png format. The utilities downloads section contains a .png generator program you can use. Save it in your 'maps' folder, the open it, drag and drop your .map file into it and it automatically creates a .png file. Clicking the browse function will allow you to locate it, and this will appear in the minimap field of your download description page (the one that appears when you click the link to the map).

The next field is your 'download description', and here is where you really get into the promotion of your map. This text appears with the minimap you uploaded above, so put as much info in here as necessary. If you have lots of additional material contained in your zip file, say so here; try to get people to read everything linked to your submission. Avoid, wherever possible, such descriptions as 'my map, please rate!' It does nothing to encourage people to rate, I can assure you! Be honest, be professional and let the quality of your map override any desperation to grab a review.

Finally, upload your .map file in the same way as you did to upload the minimap image. For info, maps and minimaps will be found by looking under (for example): C/Program Files/Firefly Studios/Stronghold Crusader/Maps. Finally, click the 'submit' button. You will have to wait a while whilst the upload takes place, so click the button once and once only! You will then see a scren appear with some short text at the top to say that your file has been submitted.

You may need to wait a couple of days for Sparrow to run an update and make the files available for download for eerybody to see.

Once final point: something that has been discussed a lot recently in the forums and the downloads section, and it is important. Please refrain from posting empty comments attached to your download asking for ratings. The downloads section should be for reviews and reviews only. I would recommend starting a thread in The Map Room forum for this. If everyone else did the same, you would have a much better exchange of ideas and much better feedback. Trust me

Hope this helps you. Ask away if there's anything you're not sure about

[This message has been edited by Sulis (edited 02-18-2007 @ 04:02 AM).]

court_fool
Archer
posted 02-19-07 13:31 EST (US)     56 / 98       
HELP ME!

I need to cheat, it's a compulsion

The problem is that I can't get the cheats to work, apparently to activate you press Shift+Alt+A simultaneously at the main menu. I'm getting no response after that or during gameplay?

Am i doing this right?

Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 02-19-07 15:19 EST (US)     57 / 98       
court_jester, we do not distribute or ask for cheats for any games at HG.

Otherwise, there are no cheats for SHC.

________                                         ________
\________\------______ _____------/________/
\_______\---\\\\ Sir Hugh ////---/_______/
\_____\--\\| Seraph |//--/_____/
\\//\\//
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 02-20-07 03:01 EST (US)     58 / 98       
court_fool, as Sir Hugh says, the site doesn't support cheating in any way, shape or form. A word of advice: don't even mention it, otherwise you will face a ban.

Check out the terms and conditions you agreed to when you became a member. If you want specific help or advice with anything, post a question in the forums. We're all here to help, and learning to play the game will only benefit your skills, thus eradicating the need for cheats

Alien Lord92
Archer
posted 05-12-07 07:28 EST (US)     59 / 98       
Hi Benizio. Im too from Finland =).

Q:Are there any cheats
A:No! And if there were SHH would not tell them as they are for SUPER noobs. The cheats you can find on the google are not true. There are only Trainers that can crash the game

As the enemies armies grow, so must yours.
http://Stronghold.wikia.com Stronghold Wiki

Alien Lord92
John of Gaunt
Archer
posted 06-28-07 12:23 EST (US)     60 / 98       
Hello
I'm new to stronghold crusaders, i played the orginal stronghold and loved it. But I had a question about placing walls and towers and such, in the old stronghold you could place towers and walls anywhere you wanted, such as enclosing a signpost, but it seeems that crusader will not allow you to do this. I was wondering if there was anything you could do to allow you to build walls wherever you like?

Thanks

[This message has been edited by John of Gaunt (edited 07-01-2007 @ 03:54 PM).]

surajsubba
Archer
posted 06-28-07 12:53 EST (US)     61 / 98       
Hello John of Gaunt
Welcome to Stronghold Heaven

In the case of Crusader skirmish maps you can't make or extend your walls,towers beyond a specific point. Often if your castle's too close to the AIs, or if you try to place walls too far from the keep. So you have a very limited space compared to invasion scenarios.

'.___________'-._______________.-'__________.'
.--.________.-~"^'~-.____'~-.-~+=≡↵-._◊◊_.-↵≡=+~-.-~'____.-~'^"~-.________.--.
.-________'.__'.____.-~"'_________"'~-._..-~+=↵≡+-.._◊Ĭ◊_..-+≡↵=+~-.._.-~'"_________"'~-.____.'__.'________-.
'._.-'^'-._ __'-._.-~"_"'~.-=◊↵Dark Water.wip↵=~-._◊_.-~=↵Skirmish Masters↵◊=-.~'"_"~-._.-'___.-'^'-._.'
OasisMaster
Banned
posted 07-05-07 09:33 EST (US)     62 / 98       
I got a Question. In Crusader when I dig a moat I see moving people in my walls!! It looks like people but i could be wrong...But i do see moving shapes in my walls. Is it the work of tunnelers or something?
RS43
Archer
posted 10-24-07 14:22 EST (US)     63 / 98       
Hi all.
Tell me please rules professional gamers??Me very intresting this rules.
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 10-24-07 15:12 EST (US)     64 / 98       
Well, there aren't any real rules when playing. Anything you can do is possible.

The game does have sprite limits (that is how many people can be present on a map), an army maximum size, and a limit to where you can build walls and towers only within a certain range of your keep.

Sometimes a game can be played with a handicap like no Arabian units or not European units being used. Sometimes in multiplayer games, both players can agree that certain tactics won't be used like a quick rush at the beginning, or not attacking until both have well defended castles.

\\//\\//
RS43
Archer
posted 10-25-07 02:41 EST (US)     65 / 98       
Thank you, it is all clear, but what concrete rules of the game in official competition?
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 10-25-07 03:02 EST (US)     66 / 98       
RS43, can you clarify your question because I don't quite understand? What official competition to you refer to?
RS43
Archer
posted 10-25-07 12:32 EST (US)     67 / 98       
Sorry if that was not the case. I would say that whether there are specific rules of professional players. Write more details rules, those rules which holds the majority of players.
Sir Hugh
BfME2H/SHH Seraph
posted 10-25-07 18:00 EST (US)     68 / 98       
Anything goes. Many players have developed their own tactics and strategies. Again, there are no rules to play Crusader, just play, and don't use cheating software.

\\//\\//
Lord William1234
Archer
posted 10-26-07 05:41 EST (US)     69 / 98       
Cheating software? I really don't think that there is any for Crusader. I've searched for cheats, I found some for Warchest (since that is the version that I have) and it works for Stronghold, but not Crusader. I don't think that you can cheat in Crusader, or at least not in multiplayer games.
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 10-26-07 08:07 EST (US)     70 / 98       
...and you shouldn't even be talking about cheats, whether you use them or not. Tread carefully, Lord William1234.
Lord William1234
Archer
posted 10-26-07 13:20 EST (US)     71 / 98       
Okay, I won't talk about cheating again. Sorry about that...

And what is this about competitions? I didn't know there were any, besides the ones that have you making maps. I'd love to compete against experts (everyone else that I know are beginners). It gets boring playing against the ais. And yes, I know about Gamespy, but I'd like to know about this too. Unless of course I'm mistaken about one of the comments.
VENOMofX2X
Archer
posted 11-16-07 04:49 EST (US)     72 / 98       
RS43--

There are some rules experts mainly play. Here are some of them.

1. They always use custom maps, maps they trade each other while in game, the legend online player ((T.M.M.))Standard made many of the maps we play today, years ago.

2. There are 2 sets of rules most popular.

-------- 1. No Fire, 10 no rush or 20 no rush
-------- 2. No Fire, 10 no rush or 20 no rush, No Flying stone ---------attacks or defense.

I hope this helps dude, If you have any other questions or concerns there are many online players willing to help at GameSpy Arcade, my name is ((X2X))Venom. or at my site www.x2xclan.com

By the way, listen to the man in red, Cheating is a big no no, you will get caught.

Later, Venom Guardian and X2X member
i8badhaggis
Archer
posted 01-17-08 14:51 EST (US)     73 / 98       
can anyone tell me is there a way to make stronghold 2 have the same mouse controls as crusader?
Hekote
Archer
posted 01-18-08 09:06 EST (US)     74 / 98       
Hi and hello.
I'd like to put my Invasion map here, but how can i to put them into Zip form? i have deleted WinZip, and have now WinAce, it also uploads Rar files.
PS. sorry for bad spelling, im from Finland.
PPS. there are NO polar bears here
Sulis
HG Alumnus
posted 01-18-08 10:19 EST (US)     75 / 98       
Hello Hekote,

I would avoid uploading .rar file extension maps as this will mean the downloader will require a suitable programme installed on their PC to convert the scenario to a .map extension.

What OS are you using? Windows XP has a built-in file compressor program. Right click on the file in question, then look for 'send to' and the pop up list should have 'compressed (zip) folder' as an option.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Stronghold 2 | HeavenGames